There are 155 users in the forums

Better NFL QB: McCoy or Bradford

Better NFL QB: McCoy or Bradford

Originally posted by ads_2006:
i want the niners to draft tim tebow if he is there with the 2nd of our 1st

If we can get Eric Berry and Tebow/Snead/McCoy with our picks I'll be a very happy camper. Unfortunately it's not likely to happen.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Jevan Snead will be better pro QB's than both.
  • yoda76
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ads_2006:
i want the niners to draft tim tebow if he is there with the 2nd of our 1st

I want the niners to get Tebow with the 1st of our 5th round picks! Wait...we only have 1 5th rounder....never mind...I don't want him anymore!
I don't think McCoy will be a 1st rounder
  • yoda76
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by dhp318:

He probably would've been the 1st QB taken this year....But who knows, If he repeats his numbers from last year....he could go #1 next draft.
Originally posted by yoda76:

He probably would've been the 1st QB taken this year....But who knows, If he repeats his numbers from last year....he could go #1 next draft.

I can't forsee how he would've even been the 2nd QB taken, especially when you consider that teams would not want to take a QB who plays in a spread offense with the #1 pick. Sorry, I think you're in the wrong.
Bradford will be the first QB taken next year. He gets my vote.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
If I had to choose out of the two I'd say McCoy. I just love his accuracy.

But as much as I hate him (given I'm an FSU fan) having Tebow on our team would be quite exciting. I'm not sure he'll transition into the NFL well but I'd take a chance on him esp since he's actually staying his senior season.

But for now, I can't stand him
I think it'll be McCoy...because he's a fearless leader and his game resembles a young Jeff Garcia. One of the best games I saw last year was the Red River Shootout between the 'Horns and Okla. Colt took charge of that game and showed his true colors...he's really matured as a QB and I'm happy he returned for his senior season. Bradford reminds me of Mark Bulger...very accurate, but a couple of good hits away from being taken down a notch or two.
Originally posted by DANADA:
well ill take Bradford

but I want Tebow

I agree with you on Tebow. I know history says no, but I think he'll be a great pro. I think sometimes the NFL gets paralysis by analysis. Anybody who saw Josh Freeman play knows he has ZERO chance on being better than Tebow. Tebow will be a great 2nd rd. pick. I even think someone will take him in the 1st.

• yoda76
  • Info N/A

I can't forsee how he would've even been the 2nd QB taken, especially when you consider that teams would not want to take a QB who plays in a spread offense with the #1 pick. Sorry, I think you're in the wrong.

Well, then we will agree to disagree.

But 3859 yards, 34 TD's and only 8 int's while completing 76.7 percent of his passes are absolutely insane numbers.

IMO this easily would have made him the top choice this year...and another year like this will get him the top pick next year as well.

But 3859 yards, 34 TD's and only 8 int's while completing 76.7 percent of his passes are absolutely insane numbers.

IMO this easily would have made him the top choice this year...and another year like this will get him the top pick next year as well.

Well if you're going on stat lines I'd much rather have Bradford.

4720yds, 50 TD's and only 8 int's while completeing 68% of his passes.

They were great numbers for sure however there were no experts in the field that I can remember that ever considered him to be the top pick in this draft. It was always between Bradford and Stafford. Many actually consider him more of a 2nd round pick. Obviously time will tell but I think you exagerate where he would have been picked as well as where he will be picked.
  • yoda76
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

They were great numbers for sure however there were no experts in the field that I can remember that ever considered him to be the top pick in this draft. It was always between Bradford and Stafford. Many actually consider him more of a 2nd round pick. Obviously time will tell but I think you exagerate where he would have been picked as well as where he will be picked.

Would you have taken Stafford and his 57% comp. percentage over Mccoy?

You are right though, Bradford is considered to be the easy #1 choice next year and he had a monster year and he probably would have been the top choice this year as well.

Both QB's will be highly scrutinized this year and Im sure their games will get picked apart but this coming season should be fun to watch...Unless you are an ASU fan like me
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Would you have taken Stafford and his 57% comp. percentage over Mccoy?

You are right though, Bradford is considered to be the easy #1 choice next year and he had a monster year and he probably would have been the top choice this year as well.

Both QB's will be highly scrutinized this year and Im sure their games will get picked apart but this coming season should be fun to watch...Unless you are an ASU fan like me

Try being an Aggie fan. facing both these guys. Plus, the Okla. St. dude. With an already suspect defense!

EDIT: atleast Harrell/Crabtree and Daniels/Maclin are gone!
[ Edited by krizay on May 5, 2009 at 11:33 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone