LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Don't worry guys, our NT problem will be solved next year when the 49ers draft..

MT. Cody 6'5 365 lbs.

We're already talking about next year's draft?

Have a little faith in the team.
He needs to lose 15-20 pounds and/or convert that fat into muscle first, as well as up his conditioning before he'll be able to be dominant lineman in the NFL.

The intensity, the physical demand, and the endurance required are all far far higher in the NFL. Cody will not be able to hold up unless he works on those things.

As soon as that issue is exposed, you're likely going to see Cody's stock drop.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM ]
I really dont see him as a high 1st rounder to be honest with you.
Originally posted by Apples:
We're already talking about next year's draft?

Have a little faith in the team.

i'm not sayin anything bad about the team...i'm actually pullin for a 10-6 season. I was just sayin, TC could be a nice fill for our D-Line. Whose to say he dosent fall to the second? Or that we can't use our original first round pick (24-28 ) on him?
Another thread about us selecting Cody. I'm sure there aren't any of those in the Draft War Room...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He needs to lose 15-20 pounds and/or convert that fat into muscle first, as well as up his conditioning before he'll be able to be dominant lineman in the NFL.

The intensity, the physical demand, and the endurance required are all far far higher in the NFL. Cody will not be able to hold up unless he works on those things.

As soon as that issue is exposed, you're likely going to see Cody's stock drop.

I think come next April there is a strong chance his stock starts to drop and the bandwagoners will likely flee his bandwagon if he doesn't improve his conditioning this year. He had a habit of disappearing late in games last year and strikes me as a 2 down player right now and nothing more right now. If someone takes him in the first it would be a reach IMO at this point. He is closer to a 2nd round prospect right now (I'd compare his draft stock to that of Ron Brace in the sense that he looks like a 2 down 3-4 NT) and strikes me as a Ted Washington type of player (that is not a bad thing however!). I don't forsee any 4-3 teams spending a 1st rounder on him at this point in time. For his health's sake he really needs to drop some weight and work on his conditioning.

I'll reserve further judgment until after this season is played out.
best NT prospect: Suh!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Alan Branch II
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

This guy is really interesting to me

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I really dont see him as a high 1st rounder to be honest with you.

The more I think about it, the more I agree. His weight will be a big issue come draft time. I think he needs to get down to about 340 pounds to be considered a 1st round draft pick. With the heavy conditioning they do in the NFL, you can be sure teams will be scared off by his 365 pounds.
We don't need that fat lazy slob. Seriously, I believe RJF will contribute enough to fill in as the backup nose tackle to Franklin. I think Franklin will do well again in the simplified 1-gap scheme.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
We don't need that fat lazy slob. Seriously, I believe RJF will contribute enough to fill in as the backup nose tackle to Franklin. I think Franklin will do well again in the simplified 1-gap scheme.

I hope RJF is playing good by the end of the year. He has some talent and a mean streak that can be used in the middle of the defense

[ Edited by tohara3 on Jul 25, 2009 at 18:49:07 ]

Your are correct... There are going to be so many people on this board who will end up with their foot in their mouth when Cody doesnt even go on Day 1... He's not a three down player and certainly doesnt have the physical ability to last an entire season in the NFL based on his performance during the 2nd half of last year.

Suh on the other hand is an absolute stud... I have been claiming the either he or Eric Berry will be our 1st selection.
Originally posted by abowers1984:

Your are correct... There are going to be so many people on this board who will end up with their foot in their mouth when Cody doesnt even go on Day 1... He's not a three down player and certainly doesnt have the physical ability to last an entire season in the NFL based on his performance during the 2nd half of last year.

Suh on the other hand is an absolute stud... I have been claiming the either he or Eric Berry will be our 1st selection.

Without question my top 2 guys. But with 2 first round picks, and a 2nd round pick we can possibly maneuver to pick up both of them.
Share 49ersWebzone