LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Which UDFA acquisition are you most excited about?

Which UDFA acquisition are you most excited about?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kj11aw:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Kory Sheets - poor mans Chris Johnson, will definitely be that change of pace RB for the 49ers.

very poor, homeless, and meth addict mans chris johnson....maybe

Why do you say that??

chris johnson ran a 4.24, this kid ran in the high 4.4's which makes him more like a very poor man's felix jones

I'm not even looking at their 40 times, but more as what they do as a RB. Both are good outside runners, both are patient and have that second gear once they come off their blocks. Only thing Johnson has to Sheets is, proven production in the NFL and elite speed. The styles are comparable, but when I said poor mans, I meant because of the lack of speed of Sheets.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Kory Sheets - poor mans Chris Johnson, will definitely be that change of pace RB for the 49ers.

Why do you say that??

chris johnson ran a 4.24, this kid ran in the high 4.4's which makes him more like a very poor man's felix jones

I'm not even looking at their 40 times, but more as what they do as a RB. Both are good outside runners, both are patient and have that second gear once they come off their blocks. Only thing Johnson has to Sheets is, proven production in the NFL and elite speed. The styles are comparable, but when I said poor mans, I meant because of the lack of speed of Sheets.

and going undrafted compared to being a first round pick is what i was referring to as a very poor, homeless, and meth addict mans chris johnson....maybe
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why do you say that??

and going undrafted compared to being a first round pick is what i was referring to as a very poor, homeless, and meth addict mans chris johnson....maybe

Oh I get it you were being funny.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A

Why do you say that??

that and i dont think this kid has half the talent of chris johnson
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why do you say that??

Why, cause he doesn't run a 4.24 40?? Or cause he wasn't drafted in the 1st round?? Or because its just your simple opinion and have no other reason or reasons??
all of them. They're all beastly beasts who will take us to the promise land.
Brandon Long DE/OLB

Sounds like he just needs a LB position coach to motivate him to greatness. Hope he likes Mike's bag drill.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A

Why do you say that??

Why, cause he doesn't run a 4.24 40?? Or cause he wasn't drafted in the 1st round?? Or because its just your simple opinion and have no other reason or reasons??

because i saw a few Purdue games, and he didnt stand out to me as anything special. becuase he's a terrible pass blocker. because he was the feature back for only one year, and topped 100 yards just three times in that year. because in 5 of his games last year he didnt even reach 4.0 YPC
My vote went to Boone just because he has the size, strength, and mean streak to assist the o-line.

I'm excited for Sheets as well.
What about Rickey Jean_Francois?

Originally posted by millerb1:

Oops! I forgot he was drafted. My bad.
  • kj11aw
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by millerb1:

he was a 7th round pick
I like Brandon Long the most because he's athletic for a 3-4 OLB, and he had 5.5 sacks in his only year of playing time. He could be a pretty decent player IMO, and we don't have any backups who are locks to make the team at OLB. Hopefully he can do well.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Why do you say that??

because i saw a few Purdue games, and he didnt stand out to me as anything special. becuase he's a terrible pass blocker. because he was the feature back for only one year, and topped 100 yards just three times in that year. because in 5 of his games last year he didnt even reach 4.0 YPC

Johnson was the same in college, only made a break through performance when he was a Senior, wasn't really a good pass-blocker, had some durability issues. And to say Sheets doesn't have half the talent as Johnson, when Sheets has 53 total TD's in his career to what Johnson had in his college career with only 43 total.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Sorry to be a pain, but for the 50% of people saying Sheets what is the scenario in which he's actually on the gameday roster? Unless Coffee totally falls on his face Sheets' best case scenario with us is that he makes our practice squad.

I'm more intrigued by Boone because on top of having potential there's also a chance of a roster spot for him.

Sheets has experience as a KR too, if he can win that job, then he would probably get 3-5 carries a game to throw defenses off balance with his speed. Speculation of course.

Okay, I guess that's probably the most likely scenario. He beats out Rossum and is our primary KR/PR and only a 5th RB in name. I don't see it happening, but I guess there's a chance there.
Share 49ersWebzone