There are 272 users in the forums

OFFICIAL List of 2010 NFL Draft Prospects(by Position)

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Nice list. Thanks.

It will be an exceptional year for QB's, DT's and FS's, three areas the Niners may possibly need help after 2009.

i agree totaly MD, by the way what position do you see Taylor Mays playing inn the pros FS or SS? And also Eric Berry, FS or SS?

Mays will probably start out at free safety, but I see him moving permanently to SS after a couple years. He's simply going to be too big to continue to play FS. Even the big-sized Sean Taylor shed some serious pounds after the first few years in the league to stay at FS. Mays has not shown any ability so far to be a playmaker in interceptions (some of that is USC's scheme, and some of it is that he just doesn't have it...you've got it or you don't), and that will also help shove him to SS. He also seems fixated on big hits, which is more in line with the role of SS's in the NFL.

As for Berry, he can play anywhere he wants. He is a playmaker at either position. I think teams will attempt to start him at FS, and go from there. He's been playing SS for the Vols the first two seasons.

If you had the choice MD, for the niners, who would it be, Mays or Berry?

May I answer for him? I know what the answer is to this, already.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Nice list. Thanks.

It will be an exceptional year for QB's, DT's and FS's, three areas the Niners may possibly need help after 2009.

i agree totaly MD, by the way what position do you see Taylor Mays playing inn the pros FS or SS? And also Eric Berry, FS or SS?

Mays will probably start out at free safety, but I see him moving permanently to SS after a couple years. He's simply going to be too big to continue to play FS. Even the big-sized Sean Taylor shed some serious pounds after the first few years in the league to stay at FS. Mays has not shown any ability so far to be a playmaker in interceptions (some of that is USC's scheme, and some of it is that he just doesn't have it...you've got it or you don't), and that will also help shove him to SS. He also seems fixated on big hits, which is more in line with the role of SS's in the NFL.

As for Berry, he can play anywhere he wants. He is a playmaker at either position. I think teams will attempt to start him at FS, and go from there. He's been playing SS for the Vols the first two seasons.

No questions asked - Berry is a playmaker... And up to this point, Mays is nothing more than a physical specimen capable of bringing the wood - there is nothing wron with that, but until he shows his ability to make more plays on the football, he shouldnt be considered before the 2nd half of the 1st round.

And I am a USC alum...
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Nice list. Thanks.

No questions asked - Berry is a playmaker... And up to this point, Mays is nothing more than a physical specimen capable of bringing the wood - there is nothing wron with that, but until he shows his ability to make more plays on the football, he shouldnt be considered before the 2nd half of the 1st round.

And I am a USC alum...

If you had to compare Mays to someone in the NFL who would it be? I've seen hella comparisons to Ronnie Lott but IMO that's just cuz they were both at USC. I'm trying to think of a current NFL player Mays reminds me of and I can't really. I was going to say Roy Williams(the S) but he has had 19 INTs in his career even though he's mainly a run stopper.
Nice list. Thanks.

And I am a USC alum...

Bingo.

Mays to Lott comparisons are quite inaccurate.
Updated, added in over 100 more prospects, now at 400 exactly.

Most seniors, some underclassmen(Juniors and 3rd Year Sophmores)
AB you know Myron Rolle wont be coming into the NFL right out of college, and is instead opting for the rhodes scholar opportunity he has been given, meaning he will be out of football, for at least, a year...
is there any other prospects anyone thinks is worth adding?
is there any other prospects anyone thinks is worth adding?

G/C Thomas Austin 6'3" 315 from Clemson

I feel pretty secure that this kid will get drafted with a strong senior season. He can play center, but he moved to guard due to personnel problems at Clemson. He's not a brute force kind of guy, but a very good technician along the line. He was second team all-conference last year and will likely be a preseason first team guy going into the 09 season. Also an all-conference academic performer.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
AB you know Myron Rolle wont be coming into the NFL right out of college, and is instead opting for the rhodes scholar opportunity he has been given, meaning he will be out of football, for at least, a year...

at the moment, i see Rolle possibly being drafted, every site i see has him listed as a potential draftee.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Nice list. Thanks.

And I am a USC alum...

Bingo.

Mays to Lott comparisons are quite inaccurate.

I agree. Lott was an All Pro at every single position in the secondary in the NFL, no way Mays is capable of that, he would get burned as a CB. I think Mays and Sean Taylor are a much better comparison.

BUMPITY BUMP!!!!!

Updated, with latest DW projections.

NOTE: Not rankings, rather a list, you'll notice a 0 for each player under ranking, cause we havent begun to rank them yet.

Ive included the players Name, Pos, College, Height, Weight and latest RD Projection.

Couple notes on some players.

- Herzlich and Bulaga, have serious conditions, and might not play again, for the time being there potential 1st-2nd Rd Picks.

Shakers and Movers:

- Moving up was; Jake Locker, Syd'Quan Thompson, Ricky Sapp, Rodderick Muckelroy, George Selvie, Dan LeFevour, Tony Pike and many others.

- Moving down; Jermaine Gresham, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow(Dont really see him as a NFL QB, thus he moves down to 3rd-4th rd pick, go ahead and blast me.) and others.
Share 49ersWebzone