There are 218 users in the forums

Kory Sheets and Glenn Coffee

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Are Sheets and Clayton both eligible for the Practice Squad? If so see Clayton (because he will get through waivers) back on PS & Sheets as 3rd HB.

Robinson makes team because of special teams skills

sheets is cause of being a Rookie, while Clayton might or might not, not sure off hand.

And MRob i agree makes it mostly for his ST play, plus they extended him through 2012 last year and wont cut him so soon.

Guys like Ulbrich, MRob, B.Jennings, Rossum, etc.. are worth roster spots, even if only on ST's. We need quality players, not neccesarly quanity.

O MY LORD were complaining about cutting back up's and special teams now. Man Guess that means were getting some talent, i don't miss the old days of when we could complain about having enough talent. This is the deepest we've been at Qb with 4 guys who i want on the roster, Wr also and running back. Finally the day has come.
Serious if this is what we can complain about on the board now im all for it.

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Jun 28, 2009 at 23:43:42 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Are Sheets and Clayton both eligible for the Practice Squad? If so see Clayton (because he will get through waivers) back on PS & Sheets as 3rd HB.

sheets is cause of being a Rookie, while Clayton might or might not, not sure off hand.

And MRob i agree makes it mostly for his ST play, plus they extended him through 2012 last year and wont cut him so soon.

Guys like Ulbrich, MRob, B.Jennings, Rossum, etc.. are worth roster spots, even if only on ST's. We need quality players, not neccesarly quanity.

Clayton is not a candidate for the PS anymore. He's been on it for 2 years, and that is the max.

Sheets is, but M-Rob and Coffee have similar game to Clayton.

My guess is this:

RB: Gore/Coffee/Sheets
FB: Norris/Robinson

Gore is the star RB who is always a threat. Coffee is that role player who reduces Gore's carries. Robinson is a 3rd down passing threat, and perhaps short yardage back. Sheets will be mostly special teams with some 3rd down usage.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Robinson is a 3rd down passing threat, and perhaps short yardage back.

M-Rob should not be our short yardage guy, that guy is Gore, and who knows, maybe Sheets or Coffee can step in to that role, but after that Arizona game last year, no dice.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:

Clayton is not a candidate for the PS anymore. He's been on it for 2 years, and that is the max.

Sheets is, but M-Rob and Coffee have similar game to Clayton.

My guess is this:

RB: Gore/Coffee/Sheets
FB: Norris/Robinson

Gore is the star RB who is always a threat. Coffee is that role player who reduces Gore's carries. Robinson is a 3rd down passing threat, and perhaps short yardage back. Sheets will be mostly special teams with some 3rd down usage.

how are coffee and m rob similar 2 clayton. people complain clayton dances 2 much. and coffe is a violent runner. while m rob...... doesnt really do any thing at all.
[ Edited by fan49 on Jul 6, 2009 at 3:25 PM ]
lol at this thread

bumped it because of the other old thread
Share 49ersWebzone