There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kory Sheets and Glenn Coffee

We just picked up Sheets as an UFA, do you guys think we'll keep both backs? Does that mean Clayton/Robinson get the axe?
Robinson stays, but not Clayton.
Let the competition begin, and see what happens.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I sure hope MRob gets cut. He's not a good RB. Good special teamer I'll give him that. But i'll take my chances on someone else stepping up on Special teams. As opposed to having to play MRob in the backfield if something happens to Gore or his backup.
is kory sheets good?
was very productive, why didn't he get drafted?

link
[ Edited by teeohh on Apr 26, 2009 at 6:47 PM ]
I'm glad we picked him up...the kid seems to be explosive(K. Sheets)......MROB has some real concerns I'm sure. Clayton's gone, I know the zoners love him for some reason but the coaches obviously feel otherwise.
Its time for M. Robinson to move somewhere else. Its a shame that he never once got a good chance to throw some passes. He could have stayed on a team as a 3rd QB if he had insisted on staying at his position. But he just isn't a great RB. He has improved a great deal since he got here, and I love the way he runs over people, but Clayton/Sheets/Coffee are better runners than he is.

With this signing, the 2nd and 3rd RB spots are up for grabs. Probably Coffee will be 2nd due to his draft position, but Clayton has shown some skills and Sheets is a slightly slower version of Jerious Norwood.
Clayton and Keasey= bye bye

dude can shake and bake!
Originally posted by teeohh:

dude can shake and bake!

The kid can straight up ball and he has the testicular fortitude to run up the middle......I LOVE THIS PICK!!!!
They brought him in for a visit in the offseason, something they didn't do with Coffee, so he must have impressed him in some fashion.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Its time for M. Robinson to move somewhere else. Its a shame that he never once got a good chance to throw some passes. He could have stayed on a team as a 3rd QB if he had insisted on staying at his position. But he just isn't a great RB. He has improved a great deal since he got here, and I love the way he runs over people, but Clayton/Sheets/Coffee are better runners than he is.

With this signing, the 2nd and 3rd RB spots are up for grabs. Probably Coffee will be 2nd due to his draft position, but Clayton has shown some skills and Sheets is a slightly slower version of Jerious Norwood.

I agree, I always supported him but Sheets is a good pick up, I'm going to find out more about him
After seeing the running backs we took I am no longer afraid of heding into a season hoping Gore stays healthy.
I read somewhere that Sheets publicly blasted his coach about his role in the offense. That probably got him bad mouthed in draft circles. He may be able to stcik on teh team. Clayton should go. MRob is not going to be cut...he;s too versatile. Why does everyone hate MRob?