Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

Originally posted by AC49er:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
this years qb class isnt looking that good either

Jake Locker anyone?

Really?

I think there are a number of solid QB's. Not 1 that really stands out but Bradford, McCoy, Locker, Clausen, Pike, Tebow, and a few more. I wouldnt waste a first round pick but maybe a 2nd or 3rd. they will be available

well, i kinda meant the same thing..no one really sticks out

niners need/ should invest in the oline. then take a qb and sit him for a year
No more sh*tty Free Agency periods. Spend the money and les go after legit FA's. I'm sick of seeing Brandon Jones' Demetric Evans' Tubby Banta-Cain's coming in who do the sqaure root of naff all.

Go get play makers, in fact, resign Scotty and get Holmgren in.

As for the draft, OL, OL and QB with the first 3 picks.
I think the best possible to spend the two 1st round is on an offensive line and safety. For the second round we could take a QB to develop I am sure one of those top QB prospect will drop on the 2nd round.
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Carlos Dunlap DE 6-6 290
we have a proven comadity in Justin Smith.
We are inches away from almost sacking the QB our coverage is good and would be better.
We are getting good to great play at NT.

how many people watch bruce smith play? It wasent until they put a threat on the other side that they started killing teams.
Originally posted by Elric:
Carlos Dunlap DE 6-6 290
We are inches away from almost sacking the QB our coverage is good and would be better.

how many people watch bruce smith play? It wasent until they put a threat on the other side that they started killing teams.

I don't know. Dunlap has been pretty invisible this year. I'd much rather focus on our offensive line in the 1st round.
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
Carlos Dunlap DE 6-6 290

how about a QB
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Carlos Dunlap DE 6-6 290

I don't know. Dunlap has been pretty invisible this year. I'd much rather focus on our offensive line in the 1st round.

Florida plays in a 3-3-5. He's got to take inside position and contain. The defense really isn't geared for him to wreak havoc on the QB.

That being said in the 3-4 he's just another 3-4 defensive end and with Smith, Balmer, McDonald, Evans I don't see that position as a weakness.
... needs to be an excellent OT.
IF we want to win our 1st pick in Draft shouild be OT who is game ready day 1
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Listen we are not getting pressure on the qb we have two 1st.
fix the problem already we never gett enough pressure on the qb with our front line.This guy can sack and stand up to the run.

second first rd pick can be an OT

and for 2nd round I think we need to look at Safety, running back, or OG. could also use a middle linebacker.
Listen we are not getting pressure on the qb we have two 1st.
fix the problem already we never gett enough pressure on the qb with our front line.This guy can sack and stand up to the run.

second first rd pick can be an OT

and for 2nd round I think we need to look at Safety, running back, or OG. could also use a middle linebacker.

We need a pass rushing linebacker not a pass rushing defensive end. I do agree with you that we don't have to go OL, OL, OL, OL to be successful though. BPA (Eric Berry) then Anthony Davis with our 2nd 1st rounder.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 11, 2009 at 08:56:23 ]
I am on the bandwagon for either player for the Niners to draft but I would absolutely love both. Could you imagine our spread offense with Crabs/Davis/Bryant/Spiller?

Then we could still go double TE with gore for short yardage.

We can get a RT/G in FA and a S with our second rounder.

All aboard the Bryant/Spiller bandwagon!

no way it happens but i love the thought. we still got problems on d and i can see haden being 1 of our picks if berry is gone. regardless spiller better be 1 of our picks
I think it is very possible that they are both BPA when the 49ers pick and would both add talent to the team. Assuming they go OT/OG with the 2nd then all that would mean is the team is choosing to outscore opponents next year instead of focusing on the D.

If you think you can add 10 pts. a game with Spiller getting 15 touches (plus return duties) AND having Bryant start in the Raye gun (really you might get 14 pts. more a game ), then you don't have to hold the opponent to so few points which would be the only explanation for not getting a pass rusher in the first 2 rounds.

But if they go Berry (pipedream he's there)/Graham/Huges/Haden etc. early then that means the D will be much improved next year and the offense will have to evolve with a mid to late round WR/RB. but need to score less and still win.

I'd personally go with plan A. Alex smith really looks like he can be special and if you give him Bryant to run mad and Spiller to take the dump off/screen to the house plus Davis, Crabs, Morgan/Hill/whoever, Walker, is mean that would be fun to watch.
I don't care if we outscore opponents by putting 40 up and allowing 30 or if we outscore opponents by scoring 20 but allowing 10.

The key is to outscore the opponents.

I think our defense is solid enough to win us a lot of games with an explosive offense which Brant and Spiller would provide.