LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

• jame-gumb
  • Info N/A
I'd actually like to see Kindle and the best OT, QB or S available in the first and Boo Robinson in the second.

Of course, a few years ago I said I wanted Quentin Moses in the first. Long way to go...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jame-gumb:
I'd actually like to see Kindle and the best OT, QB or S available in the first and Boo Robinson in the second.

Of course, a few years ago I said I wanted Quentin Moses in the first. Long way to go...

I hope we get a QB then go defense with the other first round pick and 2nd round pick
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by jame-gumb:

I hope we get a QB then go defense with the other first round pick and 2nd round pick

There should be several good ones available at our first three picks. We should be able to significantly upgrade three of our main needs (QB, OLB, NT, OT and S) with our first three picks. This draft could go a long way toward making us a consistent contender.
We got 2 1st rounders we got 2 1st rounders!

Areas of need for 2010....
Free Safety
Quarterback
Outside Linebacker
Defensive Tackle
Offensive Tackle

2 First Rounders, tons of capspace! Plus we can see how the 2009 draft picks pan out...
I like Goldson and Smith seems healthy so he might be a free agent steal. A young stud nose tackle and pass rusher would make our defense frightening. Depth at Tackle and CB won't hurt either. If McCoy or Snead are there we should not pass that up either.
Spend both picks on elite QB prospects, spend the season figuring out which one we like the most, then trade the other one.
Originally posted by Apples:
Spend both picks on elite QB prospects, spend the season figuring out which one we like the most, then trade the other one.
Just said this in another thread - But I'm hoping we use one of those to trade for Merriman from SD. After drafting English and signing Merriman's backup to a sizeable extension - I looks like the chargers are preparing themselves to part ways with #56...

They will most certainly franchise him, at which point, we will use one of our 1st rounders as trade bait bring him in and sign him to an extesion - we will certainly have the cap space.

I also feel that having Manusky as our DC and an ex-teammate in Vernon already on the team would make him feel very comforatable here.

you really want to pay 2 qb's first round qb money just to trade one within a year or 2?

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
with 2 1st's we could do alot.

some players i like that we may target.

LSU OT Ciron Black
Oklahoma State OT Russell Okung
Missouri OLB Sean Weatherspoon
Oklahoma OT Trent Williams
USC FS Taylor Mays
Florida ILB Brandon Spikes
Texas QB Colt McCoy
Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
Alabama NT Terrence Cody
Nebraska NT Ndukaong Suh

any of those would be great, if not, and we have say 15-18 and a late 1st from us finishing 1st place(), then we could look ellswhere.

I'd love to see Brandon Spikes next to Willis and Ciron Black at 325 pounds would be great for the running game. We may have to go QB though.
Originally posted by bigfan:

you really want to pay 2 qb's first round qb money just to trade one within a year or 2?

i think he was joking.
Whos that quarterback from Penn State... Me wantie
  • Ether
  • Veteran
In the scenario in which both the 49ers and Carolina Panthers are not very good, and we end up with TWO top 15 picks, as well as Dashon Goldson not panning out and Michael Lewis losing a step or two...

Would you guys oppose the idea of drafting Eric Berry AND Taylor Mays? They seem like they could complement each other very well, what with Berry being someone like Ed Reed and Mays being someone like Sean Taylor (ask the Hurricanes how that worked for them...)
Originally posted by bigfan:

Worked for the Cowboys.

Having said that, I dont recommend it. NT. Pass rush. Possibly new rb by then. db's, depending on this season's performance. Too many needs
Share 49ersWebzone