LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

The 2010 Draft and our 2 1st rounders

Originally posted by SmithGore:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
Cody's fatass is going to drop to the 5th round. Preseason rankings. Half of those guys will drop.

I agree that Cody will fall. I think hes a horrible prospect. You can't just yawn and say that half of them are going to drop. back it up. Who do you think are going to fall. Which half?

Well I can't tell yet cause I have to watch them first, but every single year there are players that are rated high and either end up going late or go undrafted. I can say that I don't think Cody will go first round. That's for sure. Doesn't the dude weight 370 lbs? WTF is that about.
  • SmithGore
  • Info N/A
Cody's fatass is going to drop to the 5th round. Preseason rankings. Half of those guys will drop.

I agree that Cody will fall. I think hes a horrible prospect. You can't just yawn and say that half of them are going to drop. back it up. Who do you think are going to fall. Which half?

Well I can't tell yet cause I have to watch them first, but every single year there are players that are rated high and either end up going late or go undrafted. I can say that I don't think Cody will go first round. That's for sure. Doesn't the dude weight 370 lbs? WTF is that about.

hahaha. he's listed at 365, but I've watched bama play and seen him and he must be bigger. There were reports that he could have been playing at around 400 lbs

hahaha. he's listed at 365, but I've watched bama play and seen him and he must be bigger. There were reports that he could have been playing at around 400 lbs

lol, 400 pounds is disgusting. That alone will drop him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Out of that list, Bradford, Mays, Berry, in that order. I don't like McCoy or Tebow as NFL passers, and I haven't watched enough of the OLB to get a good feeling.

Not a huge Cody fan, either.

I sort of agree with you on the passers, and very much so on Cody. I have watched the OLB's and I like Brandon Lang, Hardy, Kindle, Selvie. Look for Brandon lang to be the next Ware. Both 6'4'' 255 out of troy, supper athletic and great rushers.

My only issue; how can you like mays more than berry???? Have you seen both them play? FS is a cover position and Mays can't cover and berry is an amazing ballhawk

No, I have to admit I haven't seen very many UT games. I'm placing Berry up there based solely on the hype he's getting and a few highlight reels of him. I hope to see more of him this year. My reasoning for placing Mays higher is that a) I really like Mays (watched all his games since I am a USC fan) and b) I haven't seen Berry play much. That could definitely change this year.

With respect to the OLB, hopefully Lawson can show he belongs as a starter. If not, though, I'm curious to see how those four guys you named can play. I hear a lot of good things about Kindle/Hardy/Selvie/Lang. Probably heard the most about Kindle, to be honest. Lang sounds interesting, but I've never seen him play - those small school guys always slip beneath my radar.

yeah. Keep an eye out for Lang. He will be a fast riser, and I guarantee a first round pick. Also try to catch any UT games, although they won't be very good, berry is the real deal. He's the next Ed Reed.

I've seen Lang play, and while good, by no means is he guaranteed to make it into the first round. He has some things he does need to work on, and this was very apparent in Troy's bowl game vs. Southern Miss this year. He did finish with a sack, but his play in the run game was particularly lacking.

thats fair. he is undersized for DE, but I also wasn't by any means saying he is guaranteed first round pick. I am just saying that i THINK he will be one come draft day.

The clarification / rephrase is appreciated. :)
I voted Mays and Cody but if Goldson can stay healthy this year and be a solid starter then I would go with Selvie and Cody. I mean Selvie looks like a man playing amongst boys....and if Cody can be a 3 down player this year I would love to have him.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
OLB Sergio Kindle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OLB Sergio Kindle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jean Francois would have gone REAL high if he went out last year, he stayed a year and his value plummeted. Let's give it some time before we start calling for niner picks lol one thing is for sure, it's going to be deeper than this year.
Once Berry measures in at 5' 9" he'll drop a bit
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Envy:
With 2 1st round picks, we should be in perfect position to take NT Terrence "Mount" Cody from Alabama. The 6'5'', 370 NT is simply unstoppable.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1701

370 lbs is a injury liability waiting to happen.

Not with this frame:

Hot Damn he's huge.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by Envy:
With 2 1st round picks, we should be in perfect position to take NT Terrence "Mount" Cody from Alabama. The 6'5'', 370 NT is simply unstoppable.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=1701

370 lbs is a injury liability waiting to happen.

Not with this frame:

Hot Damn he's huge.

If he were green he would be the Incredible Hulk; if the Hulk were fat.

This coming college season;

Here are the 2 scenarios.

we draft high only cause of Car's pick or a trade up

and we stand pat at say 17 and 25(our pick, )

So, who you guys looking forward to seeing play in the 2010 college season?

Mine.

high pick;

S's Taylor Mays and Eric Berry
QB's Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy
DT gerald McCoy

Then lower;

QB Jevan Snead
DT Terrence Cody
OLB's Sergio Kindle, Weatherspoon, Hughes, Cunningham, Hardy, Selvie
CB Lindley and Haden
RB Best, Spiller and Dwyer
[ Edited by AB83Rules on May 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM ]
Don't forget "Mount" Cody, at NT, he has to be on our radar.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Don't forget "Mount" Cody, at NT, he has to be on our radar.

ooops, knew i was forgetting someone.
Eric Berry and Taylor Mays have to be on top of the list.

Suh and Cody should be next.

Jerry Hughes is also intriguing since I've never watched him play.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Players I want to look at are:

1. Eric Berry - A true FS
2. George Selvie - Best 3-4 pass-rusher going into this year
3. Greg Romeus - surprisingly no one is talking about him
4. Greg Hardy - Can't go wrong with another Ole Miss player at LB position
5. Arelious Benn - We don't need a wide-out but he is fun to watch. I like him more than Dez

Local players:

Syd'Quan Thompson CB - the dude is small but what a play-maker (probably rd. 2)
Javid Best RB - Highlight reel

Taylor Mays and Everson Griffin from USC - they have all the speed and size but I would like to see some production from these two
Share 49ersWebzone