LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Draft Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by WeWillWinAgain:
Does anyone know if Crabtree has a good work ethic and a solid character?

He has an extremely good work ethic, he works harder than anyone on the team and used to make guys mad because he never took it easy in practice and made fools of dbs who just wanted to get through practice.
The few times I met him, he was almost shy considering he is the biggest stud on campus. I think he smokes pot sometimes but he isn't a big partier, he just goes to clubs and is seen, doesn't really get drunk at all.
That pot use is a rumor, but just throwing it out there because it is a possibility.
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by WeWillWinAgain:
Does anyone know if Crabtree has a good work ethic and a solid character?

He has an extremely good work ethic, he works harder than anyone on the team and used to make guys mad because he never took it easy in practice and made fools of dbs who just wanted to get through practice.
The few times I met him, he was almost shy considering he is the biggest stud on campus. I think he smokes pot sometimes but he isn't a big partier, he just goes to clubs and is seen, doesn't really get drunk at all.
That pot use is a rumor, but just throwing it out there because it is a possibility.

Thanks. That helps.

Anyone we draft better not be a pinhead that can't adjust to fame and fortune. Having a grounded personality is equally important to me as talent is.
I posted this in another thread but it's more relevant here:

Wow, Tech picked up 2 4-star wide reciever commitments since Saturday night.
Looks like other kids want to be the new Crabtree after he goes pro.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Calvin Johnson is sure turning Detroit around with no O line and no QB.

Yea, just like Joe Thomas has turned things around for Cleveland too.
Originally posted by kronik:

Bingo
Originally posted by kronik:

And they actually have a Pro Bowl WR too.
ESPN film study article on Crabtree
Originally posted by Jerry:

mentions his fumble, just want to point out the fumble in the Texas game is the first fumble of his career.

mentions his fumble, just want to point out the fumble in the Texas game is the first fumble of his career.

Is it really? I could've sworn he fumbled two weeks ago. I don't know, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Is it really? I could've sworn he fumbled two weeks ago. I don't know, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Aggie game? that was Tremain Swindall that fumbled away that ball after a big gain

Originally posted by SF69ers:

Aggie game? that was Tremain Swindall that fumbled away that ball after a big gain

Ok, got it. Couldn't remember.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I am convinced that most teams are drooling over Crabtree. But, in my estimation, we are a poor enough team that adding a great wide receiver will not turn our team around. The last greatest wide receiver, Calvin Johnson, did not measurable improve the Detroit Lions. I think Crabtree would not do much more for us.

Most teams many teams are going to be quite willing to pay a premium for Crabtree. If Crabtree is available when we pick, we should be willing to trade down.

Philadelphia has two picks at the end of the first round. Crabtree would make the Eagles a serious contender. I would trade our high first round pick for the Eagles two first round picks and a third.

If you combine those picks with a comp pick that we should be given in the fourth, we have the chance to add exceptional talent to our roster–talent that we desperately need to have a good team.

1st OLB C. Sintim 6-3 255 Virginia
1st OT Max Unger 6-5 300 Oregon
2nd NT B.J. Raji 6-1 325 Boston College
3rd WR D. Bryd 6-2 195 LSU
3rd FS R. Johnson 6-0 190 Alabama
4th QB Nathan Brown 6-2 210 C. Arkansas
4th OG R. Feinga 6-5 330 BYU
5th OLB Greg Peach 6-2 256 Eastern Washington
6th NT S. Lee Hill 6-3 330 Stillman
7th CB L. Webb 6-0 185 Nicholls St

I think that this draft would provide us the talent that we absolutely need talent.

PASS RUSHERS

Both Sintim and Peach already play linebacker. Unlike many of the Nolan era draftees, they will not need to learn a new position.

Sintim is one of the leading pass rushers the BCS. He has 10 sacks in nine games.
Greg Peach is the leading pass rusher in the FCS. He has 14 sacks in eight games.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Raji will bring instant relief. S. Lee Hill brings a ton–a 1/3 of a ton– with him.
Hill may be a bit of a project, but he is well worth a 6th round pick.

DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD

R. Johnson is a ball-hawking safety. Do we need one of those? Well, with R. Johnson and R. Smith we might have two.

Clements will need a partner. T. Brown should be that next year. L. Webb will push for to be our nickel back.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Unger can play tackle, guard, and center. I see him playing at right tackle.

Over the last three years, well maybe the last two years, our interior line has given up numerous sacks.

Feinga plays a BYU. I can not imagine a line man at BYU that does not know how to pass block.
Could be a starter by the end of his rookie year.

QUARTERBACK

My gut deals me that Alex Smith will be back with a cap friendly contract. My mind tell me that Smith might be ok. Having Nathan Brown on the squad would make me feel much better about the future.
Crabtree went OFF again tonight
i want crabtree!
Originally posted by teeohh:
i want crabtree!

teeohh 2.0 !!!!
Share 49ersWebzone