LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 416 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Draft Michael Crabtree Thread

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Jerry:
I think he is going 2nd or 3rd overall ... just a slot or two before us.

That's what I'm afraid of -- watching the greatest WR in NCAA history slip from our grasps, in my mind the one team that needs a #1 WR more than any team in the league.

I do NOT care what it takes. TRADE UP. TRADE GORE (ok, kidding there.)

But in all seriousness. We must do all we possibly can to try and get him. I have the feeling that a team looking at him will refuse to negotiate whatsoever. So.. If Crabtree, Oher, and Andre Smith are all gone, we should just trade down and take Maclin (if he declares).

Keep OK St.'s Dez Bryant in mind as well!
I need to get me that shirt.
hahaha
Originally posted by hec26:
WE MUST TANK TO GET CRABTREE

We might not even have too...lol

We could lose the rest of games of the season. The reason I say that is because of our problems on D. We cannot stop the run and we get burnt deep for big gains. St. Louis and Miami, initially would have been decent wins. St. louis has been on a roll and Miami has been surprising people all season. At the most, I only see maybe two more wins for us.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
the lions and bengals are the only teams im cheering for the remainder of the yr

Lions won't be looking for a WR. The Bengals are just having a s**tty year and they could resign Houshmanzadeh and keep Ocho Cinco. Plus Cincy drafted 2 WR's within their first 4 picks in the last draft. They won't go near Crabtree.
Originally posted by 49ersfan4life:
the lions and bengals are the only teams im cheering for the remainder of the yr

Lions won't be looking for a WR. The Bengals are just having a s**tty year and they could resign Houshmanzadeh and keep Ocho Cinco. Plus Cincy drafted 2 WR's within their first 4 picks in the last draft. They won't go near Crabtree.

yea i was thinking bout that. kc may not need him they need a qb/defense more than anything and they drafted bowe last yr. i need the raiders to win a gm or 2 cuz with al davis you know he'll take him. i just hope we lose out which i hate to say but when you have a talent like crabtree you just gotta have him on your team
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

yea i was thinking bout that. kc may not need him they need a qb/defense more than anything and they drafted bowe last yr. i need the raiders to win a gm or 2 cuz with al davis you know he'll take him. i just hope we lose out which i hate to say but when you have a talent like crabtree you just gotta have him on your team

That's not a good attitude at all. But anyways, the only team between the Lions, Bengals, Chiefs and Raiders as i see being a threat would be Oakland as you said.

I really think Crabtree and Morgan could be an awesome duo to have for a long time. Throw in Gore and if Davis ever gets his act together and we got some nice weapons.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't know - I think CIN could take a WR. Housyourmomma is like 35 and they need to get younger. I wouldn't be surprised if they took Crabtree #1 overall.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
I don't know - I think CIN could take a WR. Housyourmomma is like 35 and they need to get younger. I wouldn't be surprised if they took Crabtree #1 overall.

Housh is 31
Ocho Cinco is 30
They drafted Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell is the 2nd and 3rd round last year.

They COULD go WR but i wouldn't expect them to
Originally posted by mayo63:

Housh is 31
Ocho Cinco is 30
They drafted Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell is the 2nd and 3rd round last year.

They COULD go WR but i wouldn't expect them to

And Detroit cant possibly go for another 1st round WR? Can they? And yes actually CIN took 3 WR's last year...and are a catastrophe on D...with no OL at all. If we continue this trainwreck of a season....we will have a shot.

And I officially approve of the Crabtree draft!!!!!!

That's not a good attitude at all. But anyways, the only team between the Lions, Bengals, Chiefs and Raiders as i see being a threat would be Oakland as you said.

I really think Crabtree and Morgan could be an awesome duo to have for a long time. Throw in Gore and if Davis ever gets his act together and we got some nice weapons.

I said the same thing in the initial opening post.

Originally posted by tohara3:
Would take him in a heartbeat
  • chachaman
  • Info N/A
We'd be total fools for passing up a rare jewel in Crabtree. After watching that game last night vs. Texas he has made me a true believer. Mr Impact.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for PTulini.
THE BIG PLAY!!! (vs. Texas)
Does anyone know if Crabtree has a good work ethic and a solid character?
Originally posted by PTulini:
THE BIG PLAY!!! (vs. Texas)

I want this guy now!!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone