LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

The OFFICIAL Draft Michael Crabtree Thread

Crabtree =
Originally posted by AC49er:
Would be great if we had a QB to throw to him or an OL to allow time for a QB to throw to him. We need to update other ares first

........good thing there's more than one round in the draft then.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by AC49er:
Would be great if we had a QB to throw to him or an OL to allow time for a QB to throw to him. We need to update other ares first

........good thing there's more than one round in the draft then.

Ah, always good to see good points being made. =)

*Thumbs up*
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
I agree we have problems on both the O-line and D-line (They should be top priority) but honestly if somehow the 49ers have a shot at Micheal Crabtree, WE NEED TO DRAFT HIM!!! I can just picture Crabtree on the other side of Josh Morgan for years to come! IT COULD BE A MATCHUP NIGHTMARE! Lets face it, our current WRs don't exactly scare opposing defenses. We haven't had that type of player since T.O.

Your thoughts?

Who gives a flying duck if we scare opposing defenses. The idea is to dominate them, not scare them.

That being said, we should draft to build the front. A solid front makes it much easier of the the stars to emerge.
  • NYSunDevil49er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
Originally posted by Giggiddy:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by hec26:
If we can sign Jordan Gross, Marc Colombo, Mike Goff, or Mark Tauscher as free agents then I am all for drafting Crabtree if he's available. There's up to 10 1st round talent OT's in the 09 draft. Some of them will fall.

exactly i'll push hard to sign gross and haynesworth or gross and suggs and then we can get crabtree. that would be a sweet off season

Dude stop or I'll be looking forward to that until march.

4-3
Smith, Haynesworth, Balmer, McDonald
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

god that is sexy...

That would be a nice defensive front. But the coaching needs to be there.

Still no pass rush...
If we can sign Jordan Gross, Marc Colombo, Mike Goff, or Mark Tauscher as free agents then I am all for drafting Crabtree if he's available. There's up to 10 1st round talent OT's in the 09 draft. Some of them will fall.

exactly i'll push hard to sign gross and haynesworth or gross and suggs and then we can get crabtree. that would be a sweet off season

4-3
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

No chance at all we get Haynesworth. First of all I doubt Tennessee lets him go...he means so much to their defense and their team they will probably do whatever it takes to get a long term deal done.

2nd, even if he idn't resigned by the Titans why would he choose us? He could have the whole world at his fingertips, why the hell would he pick the black hole that is the Niners?

I want to grab Terrell Suggs in FA instead.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

4-3
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

No chance at all we get Haynesworth. First of all I doubt Tennessee lets him go...he means so much to their defense and their team they will probably do whatever it takes to get a long term deal done.

2nd, even if he idn't resigned by the Titans why would he choose us? He could have the whole world at his fingertips, why the hell would he pick the black hole that is the Niners?

Yeah I doubt the Titans let him go. There still is a chance though. And I'm sure he'd pick the Niners if they threw him the most money. I'm sure Clements could have gone to any other team and Smith could have gone to most teams as well.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

4-3
Lawson Willis Spikes

Oh man.

Money? You guys act if we haven't been able to nab big name free agents over the past few seasons. If you pay them they will come.
Crabtree is a stud.... But lets see what happens when they play UT, OSU and OU. If he can put up stats in those three games, he would be a worthy top 10 pick.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by srcasm76:
Crabtree is a stud.... But lets see what happens when they play UT, OSU and OU. If he can put up stats in those three games, he would be a worthy top 10 pick.

Last year vs. top competition :

Missouri - 10 catches 76 yards 0 TD's

Texas - 9 catches 195 yards 2 TD's

Oklahoma - 12 catches 154 yards 1 TD

Originally posted by evil:

Oh, yay -- Someone pulled it up so I didn't have to. :)

Doesn't matter who Crabtree plays, he can dominate a game.
disclaimer--i have not seen much of crabtree....however, he plays in a spread offense that no one runs in the nfl...if you guys pushing for crabtree are the scouts, and I am the g.m. , make the case for me that his game will translate to the nfl.
Originally posted by hofer36:
disclaimer--i have not seen much of crabtree....however, he plays in a spread offense that no one runs in the nfl...if you guys pushing for crabtree are the scouts, and I am the g.m. , make the case for me that his game will translate to the nfl.

The spread really is only a consideration if you're looking at a QB who operates out of it because there are differences in the way they play the game.

As a WR, the player still has to run the correct routes, recognize when to come back to the ball. Show speed, agility, strength, leaping ability, etc. -- Block well. All those things. The only thing the system may do is inflate the numbers, but that's really not the case with Crabtree. Harrell throws to everyone, and I mean everyone on that Texas Tech team.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I can't believe they left out OSU, that was Crabtree's FIRST conference game as a freshman and he had 234 yards and 3 tds
and in that OU game he really should have had 2 tds, the refs called him out at the one inch line after scoring a 60 yard go ahead td even though he knocked over the pylon, tech ended up running it in on the next play.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I can't believe they left out OSU, that was Crabtree's FIRST conference game as a freshman and he had 234 yards and 3 tds
and in that OU game he really should have had 2 tds, the refs called him out at the one inch line after scoring a 60 yard go ahead td even though he knocked over the pylon, tech ended up running it in on the next play.

I left them out because they were not ranked.
Share 49ersWebzone