There are 186 users in the forums

Graham Harrell

• HebrewWall
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Texas Defense supposedly > Tech Defense

If that's the case, then how can you say that McCoy was better TODAY. He wasn't.

I loved what I saw from Harrell. McCoy is an outstanding quarterback, but here's the thing:

These two both operate out of the spread. Both have shown they were clutch. But when they played each other, only one walked out with a win, and that was Harrell.

Today Harrell was better. Does that mean he'll be better in the pros? Not necessarily, but he could. Right now, McCoy will still need another year. He and Bradford next year will probably jockey for being the 1st QB's taken, but Graham Harrell today just made his stock skyrocket.

Here's to hoping that Tech crushes Oklahoma State.

I think you got that backward...
  • Ether
  • Veteran

If that's the case, then how can you say that McCoy was better TODAY. He wasn't.

I loved what I saw from Harrell. McCoy is an outstanding quarterback, but here's the thing:

These two both operate out of the spread. Both have shown they were clutch. But when they played each other, only one walked out with a win, and that was Harrell.

Today Harrell was better. Does that mean he'll be better in the pros? Not necessarily, but he could. Right now, McCoy will still need another year. He and Bradford next year will probably jockey for being the 1st QB's taken, but Graham Harrell today just made his stock skyrocket.

I credit that last second touchdown more to Michael Crabtree than Graham Harrell, sorry. McCoy did everything possible for his team to win, but the Texas secondary definitely choked on tackling Crabtree.
Originally posted by Ether:

I credit that last second touchdown more to Michael Crabtree than Graham Harrell, sorry. McCoy did everything possible for his team to win, but the Texas secondary definitely choked on tackling Crabtree.

Crabtree had to have a perfect pass from Harrell to get it there. Even if it hadn't been a TD. I'm don't doubt Tech still would've won on the next play with a FG.
  • iohk
  • Veteran
i wish i had tech's o line, not a single guy is under 6'5 the smallest guy is 287 lbs
Harrel!
McCoy is better pro material, but Harrell might be good there too...
certainly Harrell was better last night
I still think McCoy is better then Harrell although Harrell moved up opn my list.

If Texas would have won then this thread wouldn't have been posted. If Harrell threw up that pass to Crabtree in the NFL it would have been picked off.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I still think McCoy is better then Harrell although Harrell moved up opn my list.

If Texas would have won then this thread wouldn't have been posted. If Harrell threw up that pass to Crabtree in the NFL it would have been picked off.
mccoy did have one picked off, and ttu almost picked off two more
so i dont see the point
One game does not make a season or even a career...although they both looked good
Originally posted by highway49:
One game does not make a season or even a career...although they both looked good

This Kid isn't a one game wonder, check out his stats...

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160425

Originally posted by highway49:

What the hell are you talking about they both looked good all year long?
Originally posted by cestmoi:
McCoy is better pro material, but Harrell might be good there too...
certainly Harrell was better last night

Harrell's last TD was more Crabtree than Harrell...McCoy has an accurate throw and a cannon as well, saw him last week vs the cowbys and kid impressed me...don't get me wrong Harrell is good too and has great arm strength and accuracy, but McCoy is more of a leader....Harrell has alot of weapons
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
system QB, not at all on McCoy's level.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
You can use either the Harrell thread or McCoy thread, there isn't a need to start another thread.
I'm a senior at Texas Tech and I've been watching Harrell since my freshman year. Fact is, hes a system QB. He doesn't have any experience in the pro-style offense and would end up just like Alex Smith.

P.S. Last night was awesome! I got to rush the field and Lubbock was absolutely insane.
Share 49ersWebzone