There are 195 users in the forums

NYniner85 post-combine/free agency 2018 mock

So the combine is over as is free agency for the most part (I'm sure we will have some depth signings). This is my 3rd mock for 2018

*1st- we move down a couple spots so the Bills can move up and get their QB. We get a 3rd this yr (65th) and a 3rd next yr.

12th-Harold Landry EDGE- Most know this is my pick as of now He's in the mold of the other true EDGE guys Lynch and Co. have brought in. He fills are biggest hole as of now. Great bend/quick-twitch pass rusher. YR 1 let him pin his ears back and get after the QB.

59th-Carlton Davis CB- He's in the mold of the CBs this team covets. He's got ball-skills and could be a shutdown corner at some point, he can learn behind Sherman and be the future with Spoon.

65th (from Bills)-Austin Corbett OG-I like his hand usage and he's athletic enough for ZBS. He's a leader and would battle it out yr one for a starting spot.

70th-Royce Freeman RB-Great fit for OZB, has great vision and is a one-cut through the hole RB. Him and the Jet would be a great combo.

74th-Marcell Ateman WR-Great size and length. Better route-runner than I thought ....he did well at the Senior Bowl and is a instant RZ threat.

128th-Tegray Scales ILB-great instincts and good football character. I think he could be used at MIKE and WILL which helps a ton with whatever is happening with Foster.

143rd-Tyler Conklin TE-Great hands and a solid blocker. He had a foot issue in 2017 which will push him down but could be another steal at TE

184th-Siran Neal SS/CB-Has the size we like and a similar guy to Colbert that you take a chance on at this pt (height/weight/speed)

223rd-Joel Iyiegbuniwe ILB-he's got length and speed...had like 120 tackles this yr so he's got some instincts. Will be a ST that could grow into a WILL (at least
backup).

20th-Greg Senat OT-played basketball and football, has 35+inch arms and is athletic for a OT. He's gonna start on the PS and will need to polish up on his technique

*Now I don't think we come away with 10 players and I expect some wheeling and dealing
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 20, 2018 at 2:02 PM ]
I'm surprised you didnt pick Harold Landry 10 times

like it all except Ateman. Not a fan. Would prefer EQ St Brown for the upside, anthony miller for his talent, or Baeshawn hamilton for his elite route running.
[ Edited by Dillesq on Mar 20, 2018 at 2:15 PM ]
Nice, I'd be very happy to move back 3 spots add 2 3rds and get Landry, exactly what I'd hope for instead of just taking him at 9, like CB Davis too, would be great if him and AK were the future, obviously love Ateman and Freeman is perfect to match with McKinnon and Brieda, a player I don't hear much about is Scales and he's a beast..! Steal written all over him..this ILB Class is deep..but nice mock, would definitely make the team better..
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I'm surprised you didnt pick Harold Landry 10 times

like it all except Ateman. Not a fan. Would prefer EQ St Brown for the upside, anthony miller for his talent, or Baeshawn hamilton for his elite route running.

HA...I'll be waiting for your mock an you scooping up sweat 4 rds in a row as well we all like our guy.

The more I watch of St. Brown the more I see why ND fans call him soft, he's got all that size and doesn't use it. I think he will be drafted higher than Ateman based off his combine anyway. Also like Hamilton if Marcell is off the board...it was a toss up.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Nice, I'd be very happy to move back 3 spots add 2 3rds and get Landry, exactly what I'd hope for instead of just taking him at 9, like CB Davis too, would be great if him and AK were the future, obviously love Ateman and Freeman is perfect to match with McKinnon and Brieda, a player I don't hear much about is Scales and he's a beast..! Steal written all over him..this ILB Class is deep..but nice mock, would definitely make the team better..

Thanks, yeah I'd love raquon smith he's a beast (would be happy if he's the guy) but I think there's some fine athletic LBers to be had later...edge not so much. Also a fan of Fred Warner, Genard Avery, Skai Moore, Micah Kiser, Darius Leonard, even Matthew Thomas who's ideal for this scheme (But needs a slap in the back of the head) could be an upgrade.

End of the day I'm cool with Landry at 9 if need be
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
*Sucks

*not srs
Originally posted by FL9er:
*Sucks

*not srs

So you hate it? What ya hate about it...would love feedback
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 20, 2018 at 3:51 PM ]
I like it. I like it a lot. Well done. Ignore the Ateman haters.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I like it. I like it a lot. Well done. Ignore the Ateman haters.

Thanks man
If Sherman's healthy which is a big if I think Davis would start of Akhello. Davis seems to be flying under the radar for how good he was in college. I can live with the Landry pick fits a need. Not a big fan of Ateman that's the only negative thing I have to say. Good job

That's the only way I'm happy with Landry. In a trade down of some sorts for better value plus extra picks which mitigate the risk that Landry is compared to a guy like Roquan who is as close to a sure thing as there is in this draft.

I will assume for my happiness with this mock that Roquan is taken at 10 or 11 and is off the board by pick 12 so Landry could be argued as BPA there.

My mock I had Roquan at 9 and Demarco Turay the DE at 128. You reversed it with Landry and Scales and likely prefer the latter combo. I prefer the former. Still I won't be mad with Landry at 12 cuz you got extra picks and 12 better value to take a non-sure thing like Landry.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
If Sherman's healthy which is a big if I think Davis would start of Akhello. Davis seems to be flying under the radar for how good he was in college. I can live with the Landry pick fits a need. Not a big fan of Ateman that's the only negative thing I have to say. Good job

Thanks man, yeah I've been a fan of ateman for a little while. It was between him and Hamilton after his pro-day I think he goes higher now.
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
That's the only way I'm happy with Landry. In a trade down of some sorts for better value plus extra picks which mitigate the risk that Landry is compared to a guy like Roquan who is as close to a sure thing as there is in this draft.

I will assume for my happiness with this mock that Roquan is taken at 10 or 11 and is off the board by pick 12 so Landry could be argued as BPA there.

My mock I had Roquan at 9 and Demarco Turay the DE at 128. You reversed it with Landry and Scales and likely prefer the latter combo. I prefer the former. Still I won't be mad with Landry at 12 cuz you got extra picks and 12 better value to take a non-sure thing like Landry.

Thank yeah I'm fine with Smith if that's who it ends up being...I just value pass rush more than a LBer
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 20, 2018 at 6:39 PM ]
You guys are the draft experts but I got the pro personnel and teams needs covered.

Harold Landry EDGE - Love it. Saleh can go "big" on early downs with Armstead and let this kid just rush on 3rd downs OR in rotation on all 3 downs with Attaochu and Marsh.
Carlton Davis CB - Makes perfect sense to start learning from Sherman now.
Austin Corbett OG - Scheme-fit, massive need.
Royce Freeman RB - Upgraded over Breida.
Marcell Ateman WR - Badly need a ZWR-in-training (behind Garcon) and instant RZ threat.
Tegray Scales ILB - Really need a push starter with upside.
Tyler Conklin TE - Upgrade over Paulsen.
Siran Neal SS/CB - Depth at FS.
Joel Iyiegbuniwe ILB - Depth.
Greg Senat OT - Depth.

Overall, you hit the biggest needs and found key role players. Criticisms would include not grabbing a high-quality T to start grooming now behind Staley, maybe another G and a bruiser inside running RB. Well done.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 20, 2018 at 7:53 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Thanks, yeah I'd love raquon smith he's a beast (would be happy if he's the guy) but I think there's some fine athletic LBers to be had later...edge not so much. Also a fan of Fred Warner, Genard Avery, Skai Moore, Micah Kiser, Darius Leonard, even Matthew Thomas who's ideal for this scheme (But needs a slap in the back of the head) could be an upgrade.

End of the day I'm cool with Landry at 9 if need be

Yeah I can tell you love Landry, I like him too and hope you're right bc all we want is the best for the team, as for Skai Moore and Genard Avery I've been watching some film on them and I agree they are tough, like I said this ILB class might be the deepest in yrs..gottta watch Thomas tho, I kno he was a top recruit I just don't kno what he failed at..on and off the field..
Share 49ersWebzone