LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 420 users in the forums

Mock Mock who's there?

Tried to keep myself honest using the nfldraftscout big board...don't agree with all the rankings but seems like whichever big board you pick there will be guys who go way higher or lower than you expect...

Picks and reasoning...

1. Harold Landry - Sam/Leo- plays Sam LB on base downs and comes down as Leo in obvious pass situations until he puts on weight and shows strong ability to defend the run then moves to full time Leo
2. Courtland Sutton - WR - we trade up to get a tall receiver to give us a redzone threat and someone to develop to give Kyle his Julio Jones. I'd be surprised if he's around this late though after his combine numbers
3a. Frank Ragnow -G/C- it was between him and Braden Smith but Ragnow can play G and C at a high level
3b. Kolton Miller -OT- developmental OT who gives us flexibility with Trent Brown and Joe Staley getting older. Good scheme fit for Kyle.
4. traded to get Sutton
5. Tarvarus McFadden -CB- Once considered a top corner in this class this guy's stock is falling, not sure he'll be available this late but I thought he was too good to pass up here. Has the size we're looking for and is good in press.
6. Dorance Armstrong -Leo- Another guy I felt was too good too pass up where he was listed.
7a. Ito Smith - RB - depth at RB and someone who I think is a sleeper in this RB class. Think he's falling way under the radar
7b. Armani Watts -S- surprised to see him this low but gives us depth at safety and a good special teams player at worst
i approve of this message
Nice!!
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Miller ain't getting past the pats
Who are the Niners trading with in the second? How far are they moving up?

Don't think Sutton will be there unless the Niners move way up in the second round. Miller is definitely not going to be there in the third and McFadden will drop, but not that far. Good position fits in general.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Who are the Niners trading with in the second? How far are they moving up?

Don't think Sutton will be there unless the Niners move way up in the second round. Miller is definitely not going to be there in the third and McFadden will drop, but not that far. Good position fits in general.

Like I said I went off someone else's big board to keep myself honest. I prefer to do that when doing mocks because I find it keeps it somewhat realistic. Unless of course i'm finding the big board I'm following to be too damn unrealistic.

I personally don't see Sutton getting that far but he was listed as #54 on the big board we're picking #59. I figure if he's on the board in mid 40s we're making the climb up for him.
Share 49ersWebzone