LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

4ML's Mock Draft 2.0

• 4ML
  • Veteran
I thought our FA was pretty decent. Not great...but not bad either. Really love the pickups of Richburg and Attaochu - two players I wanted Niners to sign in my pre-FA mock. Sherman is a great pick-up, IF fully healthy. I have some doubts about that...but hopefully - he'll be 100% when we really need him (playoffs)

I believe this is a 2 year process to compete for the ship. We won't address all needs this season...but by the end of next June - we should be ready to seriously contend.

Major Re-signings:
1. Eric Reid - Played really well in the 2nd half. Need a veteran in the secondary. (Unlikely)
2. Trent Brown - Extension - protect Jimmy G
3. Tartt - Must stay healthy.

NFL Draft:

1. Browns - Josh Allen
2. via Giants - Josh Rosen
3. Jets - Sam Darnold
4. Browns - Minkah Fitzpatrick - After landing Hyde, Browns pass on Saquon.
5. Broncos - Baker Mayfield
6. Colts - Quenton Nelson
7. Bucs - Saquon Barkley
8. Bears - Bradley Chubb
9. Bills (via 49ers) - Lamar Jackson (Buffalo trades 12th overall + 56th to secure their QB)

12. (via Bills): Harold Landry DE - Finally we land our pass-rusher. IMO he is the 2nd best rusher in the draft. Had he declared last season - would have gone in top 10 imho.

56. (via Bills): Carlton Davis CB - Sherman's contract shows we need to have a backup plan. Carlton plays with similar toughness and ability to track the ball.

59. Equanimeous St. Brown WR - We didn't land a WR in the FA...but we will in the draft. At 6'5 215lbs - he had a ridiculous combine. He is fast, quick, and big. Excellent route runner as well. Played with a poor QB last season...so his numbers didn't match his true ability and potential.

70. Uchenna Nwosu OLB - A very versatile LB who can play both in 3-4 and 4-3. He can play tradition OLB role but is also an excellent pass-rusher from that position. Will be very disruptive in blitz packages.

74. Austin Corbett Guard - Played LT in college but moves inside to his ideal position at the next level. Loves to hit ppl but is also very athletic and great fit for what we want to do offensively.

128: Fred Warner LB - With Froster being dumber than dumb - we need to add depth at LB position. Warner is my sleeper prospect at LB position - who can potentially start down the line. Was team captain at BYU.

Rest of the picks can go towards building some depth at Tackle, RB, DB, DL position.
This would be a perfect draft scenario for me. Absolute home run. We get a young, big and fast WR that we need. Edge rushers. And one of the best corners for our scheme.

I love the Fred Warner pick. Adding LB depth is a huge need with foster staring down the barrel of a suspension. Good job.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Agreed. This would be a dream scenario. Hits all of our needs with some guys who have a ton of potential. Homerun right here! Great job!
If it worked out this way I'd be thrilled. Nice job. And realistic.
Very good draft. But we're very thin at MLB, unless you think Warner can come in a start day 1...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Very good draft. But we're very thin at MLB, unless you think Warner can come in a start day 1...

Thanks.

I won't expect Warner to start day 1 (though it's not like we have a legitimate starter behind Foster for him to beat out - so you never know) but he has potential to eventually be a legit starter next season if Foster f**ks up again.

As I said - not all needs can be addressed since we have so many. If Foster's replacement is the only need left after the draft - we should be pretty happy.
[ Edited by 4ML on Mar 19, 2018 at 12:11 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Agreed. This would be a dream scenario. Hits all of our needs with some guys who have a ton of potential. Homerun right here! Great job!

Thanks. I wanted to address LT too but can't get everything.

Really wished we had landed another player or two for depth in FA.
I like it but I really don't see buffalo needing to trade up to get Lamar. They just got rid of Tyrod so I'm just not sure why they would draft Jackson. They seem to be searching for a pure pocket passer.
Originally posted by 4ML:
I thought our FA was pretty decent. Not great...but not bad either. Really love the pickups of Richburg and Attaochu - two players I wanted Niners to sign in my pre-FA mock. Sherman is a great pick-up, IF fully healthy. I have some doubts about that...but hopefully - he'll be 100% when we really need him (playoffs)

I believe this is a 2 year process to compete for the ship. We won't address all needs this season...but by the end of next June - we should be ready to seriously contend.

Major Re-signings:
1. Eric Reid - Played really well in the 2nd half. Need a veteran in the secondary. (Unlikely)
2. Trent Brown - Extension - protect Jimmy G
3. Tartt - Must stay healthy.

NFL Draft:

1. Browns - Josh Allen
2. via Giants - Josh Rosen
3. Jets - Sam Darnold
4. Browns - Minkah Fitzpatrick - After landing Hyde, Browns pass on Saquon.
5. Broncos - Baker Mayfield
6. Colts - Quenton Nelson
7. Bucs - Saquon Barkley
8. Bears - Bradley Chubb
9. Bills (via 49ers) - Lamar Jackson (Buffalo trades 12th overall + 56th to secure their QB)

12. (via Bills): Harold Landry DE - Finally we land our pass-rusher. IMO he is the 2nd best rusher in the draft. Had he declared last season - would have gone in top 10 imho.

56. (via Bills): Carlton Davis CB - Sherman's contract shows we need to have a backup plan. Carlton plays with similar toughness and ability to track the ball.

59. Equanimeous St. Brown WR - We didn't land a WR in the FA...but we will in the draft. At 6'5 215lbs - he had a ridiculous combine. He is fast, quick, and big. Excellent route runner as well. Played with a poor QB last season...so his numbers didn't match his true ability and potential.

70. Uchenna Nwosu OLB - A very versatile LB who can play both in 3-4 and 4-3. He can play tradition OLB role but is also an excellent pass-rusher from that position. Will be very disruptive in blitz packages.

74. Austin Corbett Guard - Played LT in college but moves inside to his ideal position at the next level. Loves to hit ppl but is also very athletic and great fit for what we want to do offensively.

128: Fred Warner LB - With Froster being dumber than dumb - we need to add depth at LB position. Warner is my sleeper prospect at LB position - who can potentially start down the line. Was team captain at BYU.

Rest of the picks can go towards building some depth at Tackle, RB, DB, DL position.

Love Landry, Corbett, Warner, and Davis...their some of my top draft prospect (based on value and scheme). I've been watching more of St. Brown and I have to agree with some guys in here, he's soft and doesn't play to that size/speed. Rather go in a different direction there. Don't know enough on Nwosu to give an opinion on it.

I honestly don't see the Bills trading up for Lamar Jackson though
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 19, 2018 at 1:54 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
I like it but I really don't see buffalo needing to trade up to get Lamar. They just got rid of Tyrod so I'm just not sure why they would draft Jackson. They seem to be searching for a pure pocket passer.

I didn't make that trade in vacuum. I think there is decent chance that Bills are looking at Jackson.

From combine:

When asked which teams he met with, the Buffalo Bills were the first team he mentioned. Jackson ran the Erhardt-Perkins offense at Louisville. That happens to be the same offense Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll is scholed in. Jackson is more than confident he can command that offense in the NFL, too.

Excellent draft!!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Nice draft. Id rather OO over Nwosu there but id be happy with this
Very nice mock
Excellent mock. Reasonable trade projection and hits most of the remaining needs. Great pickups in the third round with Nwosu and Corbett. Why stop at round 4? You were on a roll.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Love Landry, Corbett, Warner, and Davis...their some of my top draft prospect (based on value and scheme). I've been watching more of St. Brown and I have to agree with some guys in here, he's soft and doesn't play to that size/speed. Rather go in a different direction there. Don't know enough on Nwosu to give an opinion on it.

I honestly don't see the Bills trading up for Lamar Jackson though

I've already addressed why I think Bills may trade up for Lamar.

On St. Brown - you're right about he doesn't play to that size...but he def. plays to that speed. Ppl expected him to run a fast 40. He didn't win many jump balls last season - but part of the reason was - he didn't get many opportunities as well because of poor QB play. He also talked about this in his interview with the media at combine - that he does need to be more physical. A lot of times - players come in and are defensive about their weaknesses. I liked the fact that he addressed it and said he will work on it.

I think having a poor QB makes a huge difference in how a WR plays. There were so many games - where he was open down the field but never got the ball. If you want to see the real St. Brown...watch some videos of his from the previous year.
Share 49ersWebzone