LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Jerseys post free agency mock

Nice mock but I think we would have to give up a 2nd and a 3rd and not just 2 3rd rounders to take Chubb. But I wouldn't even be against that. Love the signing of Webb. We need some more insurance at CB
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 19, 2018 at 4:57 PM ]
Ballard stated this about moving down from 6 "It would have to be a pretty attractive offer for us to move away from six because of the player we think we're going to get." getting a 3rd this yr and next IMHO isn't that.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Nice mock but I think we would have to give up a 2nd and a 2rd and not just 2 3rd rounders to take Chubb. But I wouldn't even be against that. Love the signgin of Webb. We need some more insurance at CB

Thanks and if a 2nd is the cost then I wouldn't do it..
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Ballard stated this about moving down from 6 "It would have to be a pretty attractive offer for us to move away from six because of the player we think we're going to get." getting a 3rd this yr and next IMHO isn't that.

You might be right, they might have their pick between 2 of Barkley, Nelson or Chubb assuming 4 QBs go before them..maybe it's a dream trade up but a hell of a nice dream lol

Exactly. Specially now that the precedent has been set by the Jets trade, any move up in the top 10 picks will AT LEAST require a 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by Dillesq:

Exactly. Specially now that the precedent has been set by the Jets trade, any move up in the top 10 picks will AT LEAST require a 2nd round pick.

Question bc I haven't checked it, what did it cost the jets to go from 6 to 3..?
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Question bc I haven't checked it, what did it cost the jets to go from 6 to 3..?

The #6 pick this year, 2 second rounders (the 36th, 49th this year) and a 2nd next year.

Like a 5400 value on the trade chart and they only got 1900 back in return. The trade value chart isn't all that useful until you get into the late rounds.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

The #6 pick this year, 2 second rounders (the 36th, 49th this year) and a 2nd next year.

Like a 5400 value on the trade chart and they only got 1900 back in return. The trade value chart isn't all that useful until you get into the late rounds.

Yeah especially for a QB they must've fell in love with..and assuming he falls I guess
  • krizay
  • Veteran
While i dont hate this mock. You essentially are saying that Chubb is a better edge rusher than Landry and Okoronkwo combined.

By staying pat you could have got Landry for the LEO and OO for the Sam instead of just Chubb for LEO. Plus save ypur nect year's 3rd.

Plus our 5th round pick is 5-6 ypu throwing away a 7th for a fee spots to pick up an RB4 (even though i like Scarborough)

Again, wouldnt be mad at this draft but seems to leave some players on the table IMO
Originally posted by krizay:
While i dont hate this mock. You essentially are saying that Chubb is a better edge rusher than Landry and Okoronkwo combined.

By staying pat you could have got Landry for the LEO and OO for the Sam instead of just Chubb for LEO. Plus save ypur nect year's 3rd.

Plus our 5th round pick is 5-6 ypu throwing away a 7th for a fee spots to pick up an RB4 (even though i like Scarborough)

Again, wouldnt be mad at this draft but seems to leave some players on the table IMO

I actually think Chubb will be better then both, he does way more then both, it seems both Landry and OO are almost 1 trick ponys or atleast not as complete of a player as Chubb so far..and I probably won't have to trade the 7th to land Scarbrough, but I do think he can be a nice short yardage change of pace back for Shanahan..all 3-4 backs could be used effectively like the eagles have shown.

No trade ups this year. Don't let all the hype fool you. Niners still have a ways to go before they can lose three picks for one player.
would that be enough to move up from 9 to 6? we just saw how much the jets had to give up to move up 3 spots
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
would that be enough to move up from 9 to 6? we just saw how much the jets had to give up to move up 3 spots

Yeah that's the thing I didn't kno how much the jets gave until today..
Share 49ersWebzone