LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Pre-Free Agency Frenzy Mock with Trades and Numbers Involved

Resign FA

Tank Carradine extended 4 seasons and 15 MM with 3.2 MM year avg.
Robbie Gould extended 4 seasons and 13 MM with 3.7 MM year avg.
Brock Coyle extended for 4 seasons and 11.5 MM with 2.6 MM year avg.

Let walk: (Carlos Hyde,Eric Reid, Aaron Lynch,Dontae Johnson,Brandon Fusco,Leon Hall,Logan Paulsen)

Cut Jimmy Ward and saves 8 MM
Cut Zane Beadles and saves 3.5 MM
Cut Elvis Dumervil and saves 3.5 MM
Cut Laken Tomlinson and saves 1.6 MM
Cut Eli Harold and saves 768 K

Sign Free Agents

Jax WR Allen Robinson sign for 5 seasons and 69 MM with 13 MM year avg.
ARZ S Tyrann Mathieu sign for 5 seasons and 60 MM with 12 MM year avg.
TEN G Josh Kline sign for 4 seasons and 35 MM with 8.6 year avg.
ATL WR Taylor Gabriel sign for 3 seasons and 21 MM with 7 MM year avg.

2018 Draft

Trade 9th pick to BUF in exchange of 21th,22th pick. (Predict that teams like Broncos and Jets be out of Cousins race this week so they will trade up to take Darnold and Rosen rescpectively, Bills on the other hand could easily sell the kingdom for one of them but seems more likely they trade up with a team which wants to go down like Niners since is quite possible that players like Bradley Chubb, Denzel Ward, Quenton Nelson and Minkah Fitzpatrick be off the board)

Trade 22th to NE in exchange of 31th,46th pick. (Lynch will keep abusing of Pats good faith specially since their chances on grabbing a veteran CB at FA limited against top salary cap teams like Browns,Bears and Jets. Many fan boards see Belichick will trade up for a player like Jaire Alexander who can be a good pair for Stephon Gilmore. Lynch would simply ask back the old 2nd round pick in exchange of going up the board)

Trade Arik Armstead 227th and 240th pick to NYJ in exchange of 80th pick.I don't see Armstead coming back to team specially if Niners can get an extension of Carradine who can fill the situational pass rusher better than Armstead do. Jets could be good spot for him with his skills as an interior pass rusher since Bowles run a 3-4 defense which is perfect fit.

1.-Sony Michel RB GEORGIA (f/BUF).
1.-Lorenzo Carter OLB GEORGIA (f/NE)
2.-Josh Sweat DE FLORIDA STATE (f/NE/SF)
2.-Braden Smith G AUBURN (f/NO)
3.-Christian Campbell CB PENN STATE (f/CHI)
3.-Dallas Goedert TE SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
3.-Josey Jewell ILB IOWA (f/NYJ)
4.-Greg Senat OT WAGNER
5.-Scott Quessenberry C UCLA
6.-Cole Reyes S NORTH DAKOTA

2018 STARTING LINE UP

QB-Jimmy Garoppolo
RB-Sony Michel
FB-Kyle Kuszczyk
WRX-Marquise Goodwin
LT-Joe Staley
LG-Braden Smith
C-Daniel Kilgore
RG-Josh Kline
RT-Trent Brown
TE-George Kittle
WRY-Trent Taylor
WRZ-Allen Robinson

LE-Solomon Thomas
UT-DeForest Buckner
NT-Earl Mitchell
RE-Josh Sweat
SAM-Lorenzo Carter
MIK-Reuben Foster
WIL-Malcolm Smith
LC-Richard Sherman
NC-Kwaun Williams
SS-Jaquiski Tartt
FS-Tyrann Mathieu
RC-Ahkello Witherspoon

K-Robbie Gould
P-Bradley Pinion
LS-Kyle Nelson
KR/PR Trent Taylor
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Mar 12, 2018 at 11:27 AM ]
Lorenzo Carter in the first is insanity. The guy is just a good athlete. Not a good player. Major bust right there. Josey Jewell doesn't fit this scheme and the 3rd is way too early to take him especially with the depth at Lb in this draft.

The Honey badger signing is a head scratcher. He's injured more than Ward. Too much money

Cutting jimmy Ward won't save 8 million. He has to be healthy or his salary is guaranteed on the 14th.
got to give this a thumbs down.

Not loving Jimmy G's protection or the pass rush
No no no
You can't just package 7th round picks with a semi-worthless player and expect to get a 3rd round pick in return...

There's almost no chance Armstead's 5th year option is exercised whether he remains on the 49ers or is traded, so you have the Jets giving up a 3rd round pick for a player on a 1 year deal that we don't want and have no intention of re-signing...

The Bills pick seems early for Michel in a draft this deep. I'm actually on board with the next 3 picks. Carter is extremely raw, but he's a better athlete than Davenport with longer arms and people are talking about picking Davenport at 9. He's perfect for a SAM linebacker, but would need time to develop. Sweat would be a situational pass rusher rather than a 3 down LEO, but I'm fine with that as long as his medical checks out. Smith is a fan favorite on here and would be a nice fit as a guard in our system.
Where's Garcon in this scenario? Riding the bench?
Overpaid tank and Gould, overdrafted Michel, carter and Sweat. Cutting a starting San that makes 700k makes zero sense even if we acquire a better player. Trades made this s possible homerun draft but you took wrong players at wrong spots. Braden Smith at that spot I like, the rest is uniformed in my opinion.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Overpaid tank and Gould, overdrafted Michel, carter and Sweat. Cutting a starting San that makes 700k makes zero sense even if we acquire a better player. Trades made this s possible homerun draft but you took wrong players at wrong spots. Braden Smith at that spot I like, the rest is uniformed in my opinion.

Carter and Sweat aren't overdrafted. This is actually slightly after MadDog has them going in his big 150 board. Sweat is a wildcard because of his injury history, but Carter could definitely go round 1.
Stopped reading after getting NE's 31th pick lol.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by davidboutte:

Carter and Sweat aren't overdrafted. This is actually slightly after MadDog has them going in his big 150 board. Sweat is a wildcard because of his injury history, but Carter could definitely go round 1.

Carter 3rd round or later. Let's talk again in April. Like the player but no way he goes in 1st. Michel 2nd. Sweat 3-4. If I'm wrong about any of them it'll be Sweat

Not, we have tartt ss, Colbert fs ward fs no need to waste 12! Million on badger, then Garcon on bench for Taylor I don't think so or goodwin.
Robinson, Garcon, goodwin 3 we set.
Amstead will play out his contract 49ers are not trading him. I can see 49ers trading down to #12 to bills and pick up a 2nd and 3rd picks then select landry de.
Share 49ersWebzone