• krizay
  • Veteran
RESIGN
Fusco
Reid

CUTS
Beadle
Ward
Dumerville(only nearing final cuts if Pita/Gilbert shows something)

SIGN
Trumaine Johnson or Malcolm Butler 4 years 56 (14 per)
Allen Robinson 5 years 65 mil (13 per)
Vet depth at CB

TRADES
Arik Armstead to CHI for 4-5
Pick 9 to SD for 1-17, 2-16 & future pick (2019 2nd ) SD drafts OL

NEEDS LEFT (EDGE,G, C, LB, S, CB)

PICKS
1--17 Harold Landry
2--16 Braden Smith
2--27 Malik Jefferson
3--6 Ogbonnia Okoronwo
3--10 Austin Corbett
4--5 Mark Walton/Rashaad Penny
4--27 Kemoko Turay
5--6 Deontay Burnett
6--10 Leon Jacobs
7--9 Natrell Jamerson
7--22 Jaylen Dunlap

As you can see I tripled up on edge rushers (4 if you count leon jacobs. i see him more being able to play all 3 LB's positions personally) Landry at Leo and OO at SAM (Basically same thing he played in college) front 4 of Landry Buck Thomas OO with Turay spelling either of the ends.

As Stated above, i think Jacobs could play all 3 LB spots and having he and Jefferson adds alot of speed to the LB group.

I truly believe that Penny and/or Walton will be there in the 4th. If we are able to secure an early 4th like i did by trading Armstead we could land our back here.

We turned 3 of our weaknesses into strengths. Pass rushing, OL and LB core. While also upgrading at CB, WR and RB. I still see TE and depth all across the secondary as an issue to address in the future. As well as a LT of the future.

OFFENSE(24)
QB Jimmy G. Beathard
RB Walton/Penny, Williams, Breida, Juice
WR Robinson, Garcon, Goodwin, Taylor, Bourne, Burnett
TE Kittle, Celek, Hikituni
T Staley, Brown, Gilliam, (Corbett)
OG Smith, Fusco/Garnett, Garnett/Fusco, Tomlinson
C, Kilgore, Corbett

Defense(26)
LE Landry, Turay, Marsh
NT, Mitchell, Chris Jones, DJ Jones
DT, Buckner, Day
RE, Thomas, Blair
SAM, Okoronkwo, Harold, (Jacobs)
MIKE, Foster, Smith, (Jacobs)
WILL, Jefferson, Lee/Newsome, Jacobs
LCB, Witherspoon, Dunlap
FS, Colbert, Jamerson
SS, Tartt, Reid
RCB, Trumaine/Butler, Free agent vet
NCB, K. Williams, (Jamerson)

ST(3)
P Pinion
K Gould
LS Nelson

Practice Squad
Newsome/Lee
Pita
Magnuson
Bolden

Have at it!
This would be an ideal offseason. Good job man. However, Penny is going in the 2nd round. I prefer Royce Freeman and Kerryon Johnson to Walton but I'd be happy with all of the above.

I also like josh sweat over OB in the 3rd but like before, would be fine with either. After getting Landry, I would wait until later to grab another edge guy. In the 3rd there, id take a CB given that there will still be some very good talent available.

Really good stuff here man.
[ Edited by Dillesq on Mar 8, 2018 at 7:21 AM ]
You wrote Landry and OO in the same mock.

I love you.
I would love to get all that from SD however we prob wouldn't get their 2nd next year. Close to being an even trade with us getting 17 and 47 for our 9. If we were in the top 5 we could ask for more and get it but not at 9.
[ Edited by stonecold590 on Mar 8, 2018 at 8:08 AM ]
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I would love to get all that from SD however we prob wouldn't get their 2nd next year. Clostridium to being an even trade with us getting 17 and 47 for our 9. If we were in the top 5 we could ask for more and get it but not at 9.

Amazing auto-correct. Had to look that one up:

Clostridium - an anaerobic bacterium of a large genus that includes many pathogenic species, e.g., those causing tetanus, gas gangrene, botulism, and other forms of food poisoning.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
I would love to get all that from SD however we prob wouldn't get their 2nd next year. Clostridium to being an even trade with us getting 17 and 47 for our 9. If we were in the top 5 we could ask for more and get it but not at 9.

Amazing auto-correct. Had to look that one up:

Clostridium - an anaerobic bacterium of a large genus that includes many pathogenic species, e.g., those causing tetanus, gas gangrene, botulism, and other forms of food poisoning.

Thought I'd throw in some Science lol. Auto correct it was. Fixed now
Thought I'd throw in some Science lol. Auto correct it was. Fixed now

Lol.

Sry kriz, here's your thread back.
I think we should draft Michael Huff
I'm buying this!👍
Nice but I think the Packers would snatch up Landry if you made this move.

i like that you tripled down on edge rushers in the draft. Let them duke it out for the LEO and SAM spot and get a good rotation going for the future. Roster looks really good!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:
I think we should draft Michael Huff

Which offensive lineman are the Chargers going to draft with our pick? If it's Quentin Nelson, I would be really disappointed.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Man if it played out this way I would be stoked. A couple guys I'm not sure will be there and i think if the Chargers move up then it is for a QB. I like Deontay Burnett, did really well in the red zone for USC.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I see penny in the depth chart when I don't see him in your draft
Share 49ersWebzone