There are 267 users in the forums

My Official Off-Season Mock with Mock Draft

Free Agency: Allen Robinson and Justin Pugh are the two guys I want the most but I don't think we will get either. I do see us signing...

Trumaine Johnson, CB, Rams

A Wide Receiver: I think Sammy Watkins could be in play if he is willing to take a 1yr prove it type deal ala Alshon Jeffery but I don't expect us to get him. I do think we sign a mid-tier FA like Donte Moncrief or Paul Richardson. I would be very happy if we got Moncrief.

I think we re-sign Brandon Fusco and sign another FA offensive guard. I would love Pugh or even Josh Sitton but instead I think we re-sign Fusco, draft a guy or two and sign a mid-tier FA like Josh Kline from the Titans, Jack Mewhort from the Colts or a guy like Zach Fulton from the Chiefs.

Re-Sign Brock Coyle and a veteran LB. I personally like Avery Williamson, Preston Brown and Korey Toomer

We then trade Trent Brown before or during the draft. I'm going to predict we trade him to Minnesota for their 1st round (30th overall pick) and give them back a 2019 third round pick along with Brown.

Mock Draft

9th Overall Pick: Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College: I hope we can move down from 9 and pick-up another 2nd rd pick but if we stay put, Landry almost certainly has to be the pick. Pass rush would be the biggest need headed into the draft and Landry IMO is the best pure pass rusher in the draft and is a guy who can come right and make an impact. He is also a perfect fit for our LEO position. I see him being a Dwight Freeney/Vic Beasley type NFL player. If we traded down I would look at guys like Courtland Sutton, Issiah Wynn, James Daniels and Roquan Smith.

30th Overall Pick: Connor Williams, OG-OT, Texas: I bet you Shanny would love to get his hands on this kid as he is an absolute perfect fit for our scheme and I think he can be a pro bowl guard AND pro bowl Offensive Tackle. He can play both guard spots as well as both tackle spots. He would be a great fit and pick.

Second Round-59th Overall pick: Ronald Jones, RB, USC or Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State: Either guy would be a great pick and steal here. Both guys fit our scheme really well. Jones in particular I think would be a stud but Penny is also very good and even better all-around than Jones.

Third Round- 70th Overall Pick: J.C Jackson, CB, Maryland (My favorite CB in the draft. I think he will be a pro bowl corner in 3 years)

Third Round- 74th Overall Pick: Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas (Really solid, versatile LB prospect. I also like Oren Burks from Vandy but more in rd 4 or 5)

Fourth Round Pick: Austin Corbett, OG, Nevada or Marcell Ateman, WR, Oklahoma State

Fifth Round Pick: Simmie Cobbs JR, WR, Indiana or Trey Quinn, WR, SMU
[ Edited by StubbyNBY on Mar 7, 2018 at 10:20 AM ]
I think we do get Robinson, and why the hell would we trade away one of our best young linemen? Other than that, I like it.
Don't really understand the trade, but I do like the draft. I think Connor Williams would be the heir-apparent to Staley, so I'm not sure it makes sense to get rid of our RT, but other than that, I think this would be an outstanding offseason.
Love the draft!
Dont like the free agent pickups.
Share 49ersWebzone