LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

1st Round Pick (5th Poll, Post-Combine, No Trades)

1st Round Pick (5th Poll, Post-Combine, No Trades)

Dec. 23, 2017
I think it's likely that we'll be either 4-12 or 5-11, and picking 5-7th overall.
NOTE: I've eliminated QB, DT, S, and OT from the list as I don't see how we would select one of these positions.
Results (141 total votes):
Quentin Nelson - 33%
Bradley Chubb - 17%
Saquon Barkley - 15%
Roquan Smith - 13%
Minkah Fitzpatrick - 9%
Harold Landry - 7%
Calvin Ridley - 4%
Courtland Sutton - 3%
Arden Key - 1%

Jan. 5, 2018
Niners will be picking either 9th or 10th (TBD).
NOTE: I've eliminated QB and DT from the list, but added back in OT and S. I've also eliminated Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley as they are widely considered top-5 selections.
Results (168 total votes):
Quentin Nelson - 39%
Harold Landry - 16%
Joshua Jackson - 13%
Roquan Smith - 11%
Calvin Ridley - 8%
Arden Key - 5%
Minkah Fitzpatrick - 4%
Mike McGlinchey - 2%
Courtland Sutton - 1%
Clelin Ferrell - 1%

Jan. 23, 2018
NOTE: I've eliminated QB and DT. I'm adding Bradley Chubb back into the fray, but keeping Saquon Barkley off, and eliminating Clelin Ferrell as he's going back to school. The list now includes names from previous polls and recent mock drafts.
Results (97 total votes):
Quentin Nelson - 39%
Roquan Smith - 18%
Bradley Chubb - 13%
Joshua Jackson - 10%
Minkah Fitzpatrick - 7%
Marcus Davenport - 3%
Tremaine Edmunds - 2%
Courtland Sutton - 2%
Derwin James - 2%
Denzel Ward - 2%
Harold Landry - 1%

Feb. 14, 2018
NOTE: I've eliminated QB and DT. I'm adding Saquon Barkley back into the poll.
Results (62 total votes):
Quentin Nelson - 37%
Bradley Chubb - 15%
Joshua Jackson - 11%
Roquan Smith - 10%
Saquon Barkley - 10%
Harold Landry - 5%
Denzel Ward - 3%
Tremaine Edmunds - 3%
Derwin James - 2%
Calvin Ridley - 2%
Marcus Davenport - 2%
Mike McGlinchey - 2%

Mar. 6, 2018:
Niners will be picking 9th. Combine performances are now taken into consideration. Big news regarding Reuben Foster since the last poll.
NOTE: I've eliminated QB and DT from the list. Since the combine, I've eliminated Bradley Chubb and Saquon Barkley again. They both appear to be top-5 picks and this poll is not considering trade-up scenarios. I've also dropped Arden Key and Orlando Brown from consideration.
I would love to see someone like Chubb or Barkley fall to us at 9 even though that is just a dream. But unless one of those 2 falling would not be against trading back with say Buffalo if a QB they like is there at 9. With back to back firsts we could address Oline and linebacker. Laundry could potentially still be there at 21.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I would love to see someone like Chubb or Barkley fall to us at 9 even though that is just a dream. But unless one of those 2 falling would not be against trading back with say Buffalo if a QB they like is there at 9. With back to back firsts we could address Oline and linebacker. Laundry could potentially still be there at 21.

Depending on how the QB's shake out, I'd be all for trading with Buffalo and getting 2x 1st round picks. Maybe Landry and Connor Williams or something...

but in the interest of brevity, I eliminated trading (for each of these polls), just to see which prospects people are liking and how it changes over time.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Mar 6, 2018 at 10:00 AM ]
I'm convinced the pick will be Harold Landry or Tremaine Edmunds. 😎👍
Marcus Davenport seems to have lost favor. He's the "Solomon Thomas" of this year in my opinion.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I picked with the majority. I just don't see anybody better at 9 then Quenton Nelson. With a franchise quarterback on our team now we have to protect him. And it will help our offense dramatically
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I picked with the majority. I just don't see anybody better at 9 then Quenton Nelson. With a franchise quarterback on our team now we have to protect him. And it will help our offense dramatically... Do we pass up a generational Talent just for some guys that are better than the rest? Everybody has Quentin Nelson as one of the best guards to come out in a long time
  • 91til
  • Veteran
I think Nelson, Landry, and Smith will be the best options barring a trade down. But I think we may sign a starting interior lineman in FA, so we can bypass Nelson (and probably pick another lineman in the middle rounds).

That would bring us down to Landry and Smith. I think we may also sign a MLB in FA, so I think Landry would be a good pick. We can take a developmental LB in the middle rounds.

Or I guess we could take Smith and pick a developmental edge in the middle rounds.

I would be happy with Nelson, Smith, or Landry though.

I suppose the assumption I'm making here too is that we sign a starting CB in FA (as well as a G, and hopefully a LB as stated above)
[ Edited by 91til on Mar 7, 2018 at 4:25 PM ]
  • 91til
  • Veteran
As others have stated, we can find a starting CB, G, and MLB (like Posluzny) in FA. If we nail that, I would probably go Landry in the first, unless we trade down of course. I would totally understand and be happy getting Smith too, with the assumption that one of our next three picks would probably be a developmental Edge rusher
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Nelson, guy is a brick wall.

49ers will sign ilb johnson 1 yr deal to back up and start 3 games foster is suspended. We can get everything in Free agency except DE so Landry at 9. Unless 2nd trade to buffalo for 2 #1's then de and cb
First time someone other than Q. Nelson is leading (after like 5 votes)
Share 49ersWebzone