LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

My last Mock Off-Season and 2nd to last Mock Draft (no trades)

Free Agency:

I don't expect us to be super aggressive in free agency and I don't think we will sign any top tier guys. So...

I do think we sign a good offensive guard. We won't be in the bidding for Justin Pugh or Andrew Norwell. I do see us showing interest in Josh Sitton and if he is available for the right price (2yrs $11-$12mill) I think he is a guy we could sign. Josh Kline from the Titans is another guy I think we will look at as well as Jake Mewhort from the Colts.

We will def sign a cornerback but I don't think it will be one of the elite guys with the exception of Malcolm Butler who I don't think will be overpaid in FA and we could be in the mix for him. Otherwise, I think we sign a guy like Aaron Colvin and/or a cap casualty guy like Sean Smith.

I think we take a look at Dion Lewis (not a fan) and Issiah Crowell (like) but I don't think we sign either and instead draft a kid in the first 3 rounds. I think Carlos Hyde is all but gone.

Wide Receivers.... The one big name guy I think could be a possibility if the price is right is Sammy Watkins. If we can get him on a 1yr $8-$10mill type Alshon Jeffery deal, I think he could be a 49er and it would be the start of something great between Watkins and the 49ers like has happened with Jeffery and the Eagles. I think a player like Donte Moncrief is a possibility here as well.

2018 NFL Draft:

Draft (I fully expect us to trade down from 9 or 10)

9th/10th Pick: Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa: I am starting to get the feeling we will not sign any top tier free agents and that goes for cornerbacks as well. I can see us signing a mid-tier guy like Aaron Colvin or maybe a cap casualty like Sean Smith. If that is the case, we still need a future #1 cornerback and Joshua Jackson is just that. He can come in day one and start and long-term I feel he is a #1 Pro Bowl type cornerback in the NFL. Also has high character. I like him a lot more than Denzel Ward. Again though, I really hope we can trade down from this spot and pick-up an extra 2nd rd pick. In a trade down I would target Isiah Wynn and Harold Landry.

Second Round 59th Overall: Dorance Armstrong, Edge, Kansas: I expect us to address the pass rush position very early. I could see us moving up in rd 2 to get Harold Landry if he does indeed fall into the second round. This (Pass Rush) is a pretty weak area in the draft. Armstrong has a high upside and I think he can help right away as a situational pass rusher. Jeff Holland from Auburn could also get a look here.

Third Round 70th Overall: James Daniels, C, Iowa: I really, really like this kid. We certainly need a guard as well and a guy like Braden Smith or Frank Ragnow could get a look here but Daniels is a 10+ year pro bowl center and an absolute perfect fit in our scheme. He can also play guard, which he probably would as a rookie.

Third Round 74th Overall: Mark Walton, RB, Miami or Rashaan Penny, RB, San Diego State: Both guys are really good fits in our zone blocking scheme and underrated prospects. I like both, really like Walton a lot. I think he will be a better pro than college player.

Fourth Round: D.J Moore, WR, Maryland: A kid I really like. Solid player with good production and upside. Does he fall this far? Probably not LOL.

Fifth Round: Wyatt Teller, OG, Virginia Tech: Nasty guard who moves pretty well and would be a good scheme fit.

Sixth Round: Tegray Scales, LB, Indiana: Really good football player.
[ Edited by StubbyNBY on Mar 2, 2018 at 8:13 AM ]
Hell no to the Sean Smith idea. The guy has been charged with felony assault and he was awful last year. Wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot pole. Every one elseyou are looking at in free agency are just fine.

Nice job on the draft, but you are right about DJ Moore. Don't think he makes it to the 4th round.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Hell no to the Sean Smith idea. The guy has been charged with felony assault and he was awful last year. Wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot pole. Every one elseyou are looking at in free agency are just fine.

Nice job on the draft, but you are right about DJ Moore. Don't think he makes it to the 4th round.

I forgot about his off the field issues. Yeah he won't be a 49er
James Daniels is going no later than 2nd round
Originally posted by Dillesq:

Yeah after reading about him at the combine I think he will def go 2nd rd and may even go early 2nd rd.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by Dillesq:

Yeah after reading about him at the combine I think he will def go 2nd rd and may even go early 2nd rd.

i think he will be a mid to late 1st round pick after the combine, especially with Price tearing his pec
  • fan49
  • Veteran
if you get a strong corner in FA I believe a corner in the first is a waste with our holes. We would already have a guy to groom spoon, I didnt read any added strength to the oline besides daniels. After this season draft a guy spoon can then mentor. Way more need and better bpa at 9 than jackson
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 2, 2018 at 10:38 AM ]
Great draft and free agency signings.
74 overall for mark Walton seems way too high now after combine
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
74 overall for mark Walton seems way too high now after combine

Yea, he's going to fall into the 4th or 5th rd now.

Allen Robinson available...He becomes a top target for us IMO. Just seems like a perfect fit for both sides.
Colvin is a slot CB. We need a guy on the outside.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Colvin is a slot CB. We need a guy on the outside.

Sherman or Johnson. I really hope it's Johnson
Share 49ersWebzone