There are 196 users in the forums

Kriz' Jan off-season mock

Kilgore we can sign him before FA. No a guarantee that we can sign an upgrade. Sign him promise a chance to compete. If he loses we have a solid backup at a crucial spot. plus a guy who can play G in a pinch

Fusco--- i'm of the minority that don't think we need an upgrade at G. Fusco and Tomilinson played solid and we get Garnett back.

You been hanging with smoke hitting that green
Originally posted by lamontb:

Kilgore we can sign him before FA. No a guarantee that we can sign an upgrade. Sign him promise a chance to compete. If he loses we have a solid backup at a crucial spot. plus a guy who can play G in a pinch

Fusco--- i'm of the minority that don't think we need an upgrade at G. Fusco and Tomilinson played solid and we get Garnett back.

Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Lmao
  • fan49
  • Veteran
2nd on a team??? We have 2 better than decent te's already. I think it would be a waste
I wouldn't go so far as to say McFadden is garbage but he's definitely inconsistent and a day 3 pick. Landry is so overrated. He might be a good pro if he actually learns how to use his hands and develop some moves other than just trying to speed rush to the outside. Lots of ability but not a day 1 pick to me.

Our interior O Line is so bad....SOOO bad. If we did nothing but drafted an edge rusher, cb, and interior O Line I'd be happy.

Lmao. This x 100
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by krizay:
by my calculations we only have Spoon and Williams under contract. They also tend to be expensive to sign in FA. atleast the good ones.

We gave up 6 sacks in 5 games with Jimmy G under center. When the ball doesn't come out on time and delivered when and where it's supposed to it makes the line look worse than it was.

Kilgore is retained as a back up only in this scenario. Which would make him one fo the better backup C's in the league.

6 sacks sure, but how many hurries? How many times to Jimmy G throw with a guy in his face? How many times was he hit or thrown to the ground right after making a throw? He has thrown a few interceptions also, how many of those were because of the penetration the in the backfield? Also, there's more to OL than pass blocking. How's the run game doing? How many outside zone runs are we successfully pulling off?

This was 1st half of the season with hoyer/beathard . But all I have to go on....

Zone Blocking Percentage: 74.5 percent

Primary Zone Concept: Outside Zone (56.1 percent)

The 49ers have used a lot of zone runs, as would be expected with new head coach Kyle Shanahan's offense in town this season. They have been pretty balanced though between the zone concepts they have used, and not just run outside zone all day long. On zone runs they have gained 4.4 yards per carry, and 1.7 of those before first contact.

As a whole yea we were 21st in rushing but averaged 4.1 per carry.

Final 3 games we were 10th in rushing (i use 3 games cause the website only dies full seadon, last 3 games and last game) That with Trent missing 6 games.

If we were able to sign a guard (along with a center as I have) cool. But the guys we have can get it done.

Last 3 games tied for 4th in league with 1.3 sacks allowed.

No hurry stats
Originally posted by 4912:

Lmao. This x 100

Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Lmao

Lol thanks guys ..Yall officially on my "WANT TO PARTY WITH" list!
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jan 15, 2018 at 2:22 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Resign

Garop

Coyle---- depth

Tank---- depth

Marsh---depth

Gilliam----depth

SIGN (key signings) I would love for us to go after the Lawrences or Ansah's the Allen Robinson's etc... but paying Garop and the Center upgrade i dont see us getting that big FA this year.

Ryan Jensen or Weston Richburg potential upgrade at C. Would push Kilgore to backup C

Jerimiah Attachochu bargain price for a guy you just want to turn loose to get after the QB.

a solid backup Tackle.

DRAFT

Trade the 9/10 to SD (they move up for OL) we get #17, #48 and a future pick

We end up trading #60 to TB (they move up for one of the RB's left) we get #69 and a future pick

#17 Harold Landry LEO BC

#48 Tarvarus McFadden CB FSU

#69 Troy Fumagalli TE Wis (a do it all TE can run routes/block and has ridiculous catch radius) would elinate the need to have logan Paulsen just blocking. While improving our red zone run and pass game.

#70 Armani Watts FS TAMU Reid walks. We don't really know what we have in Ward. He and Ward compete for FS with Colbert and Tartt at SS

#74 Kameron Kelly CB SDSU I so wanted to go Nick Chubb here but love what Kelly could bring to theCB table. plus only have Spoon under contract plus McFadden

#126 Jester Weah WR Pitt in watching Peterman last year this guy stood out. Comes from pro system with complete route tree. Seems able to separate.

#134 Jordan Scarlett RB Florida didn't play in 2017 on credit card fraud charges. May not be our kind of character player but due is a baller. If Mixon gets draft where he did......

#170 Matthew Thomas LB FSU will compete for depth at the MIKe/Will spots

#201 Brandon Facyson CB VT another press CB

#218 Go fish

RECAP

Upgrades
EDGE
C
FS
CB(potentially)
TE2(redzone run and pass)

Stand pat at ILB, WR (essentially passed on a WR for a TE2. If kittle was to go down....)

2019 is about the WR upgrade and a Rueben running mate

Hit on my FA. Dont like my draft anymore but...
Hit on my FA. Dont like my draft anymore but...

I think we do draft Harold and best available LB, G, or RB in the second

Nice calls Krazy
John Lynch, is that you?
Share 49ersWebzone