LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 187 users in the forums

Spend the $$$ Wisely Mock

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Robinson is gonna get paid starter money dude, you're not paying him and Williams. Someone is stilling the bench. Ward can also play the slot.

I'd rather give that cash to someone on the outside where we are extremely thin.

Ward will not be on this team. There is no way he is going to enter the season as our 2nd highest paid player.

Maybe we convert his 8.5 m salary to a signing bonus over a long term deal but I can't see it. He hasn't shown he can stay healthy and Colbert took his job.

Plus he isn't very good.

I'm all for signing a starting corner and drafting a young guy early. We have literally no depth behind Witherspoon.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Jan 7, 2018 at 2:14 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Ward will not be on this team. There is no way he is going to enter the season as our 2nd highest paid player.

Maybe we convert his 8.5 m salary to a signing bonus over a long term deal but I can't see it. He hasn't shown he can stay healthy and Colbert took his job.

Plus he isn't very good.

I'm all for signing a starting corner and drafting a young guy early. We have literally no depth behind Witherspoon.

I got no problem if they move on from ward, but this is based off his mock which doesn't have us cutting him.
I got no problem if they move on from ward, but this is based off his mock which doesn't have us cutting him.

I see you have Ward starting over Colbert. I don't see any way that happens next year.

I see you have Ward starting over Colbert. I don't see any way that happens next year.

I don't have ward starting over Colbert anywhere? This isn't my mock dude.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I'd have to agree with NY, Robinson is the last CB needed, I like your draft tho, only thing I'd also like for is some competition at LB for Smith..

Any CB that has a 89.7 PFF is needed in our secondary, he can play slot/outside.

I don't have ward starting over Colbert anywhere? This isn't my mock dude.

Ward has had to flip from Safety to Corner due to his superiority to any other DBs on the team. I don't think they bumped him because he wasn't playing FS well, but due to Colbert and Reid also playing better than the young CBs were at their position. Could be wrong but see him on the team next year unless his injuries are driving them crazy. He has only had one complete year of 16 games played--2015. 2016 he played 11 games and 2017 he played 7 games. He may be asked to adjust his contract with kickers for games played, .
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I have no issue with your draft or free agency I actually like it. But there's no way in hell Jimmy Ward is just starting safety in the NFL
Originally posted by JimmyJesus:

They'll replace Hyde's 3.9 ypc!!!
49ers about to unleash some whoop ass 2018, get ready NFL!!!

Strick approves. Throw Hyde's money back in the pot and let KS draft another guy that he really likes in his offense.
[ Edited by strickac on Jan 22, 2018 at 5:43 AM ]
Originally posted by JimmyJesus:

They'll replace Hyde's 3.9 ypc!!!
49ers about to unleash some whoop ass 2018, get ready NFL!!!

Dude it's not about replacing Hyde's 3.9 ypc it's about improving our 21st ranked run game. A UDFA, a guy who got cut in preseason, our 4th rd draft pick who couldn't make the roster so had to be put on IR, and a 6th rd draft pick isn't the answer imo.

This draft is loaded at RB
Josh Jackson in the first, D. Armstrong/ D. Ejiofor/ or M. Frazier in the second, we'll be in good shape.
[ Edited by JimmyJesus on Jan 28, 2018 at 2:39 AM ]

Love Josh Jackson and Ejiofor.....Allen Lazard with one of our 3rds would be the cherry on top
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Love Josh Jackson and Ejiofor.....Allen Lazard with one of our 3rds would be the cherry on top
Josh Jackson didn't look like a top 10 at combine, had to make some changes.
Share 49ersWebzone