LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Darrelle Revis Talk

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
And where else is he going to have the DL support that he has here. God it would be unfair to have the Smith's, Tank, McDonald and Brooks coming at ya. With Revis Cully Brock Reid and a Rookie on the back.. Good luck

I love that dream, please don't wake me up!!!
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by obx49:
I'm sure he can afford 1 yr to win a ring

Hey I'm not against the idea, I'd be f**king ecstatic. I just don't think it's realistic.

I dreamed about him last year I think this year he will be a 49er and #24 is open

Sounds pretty disturbing...

Originally posted by pd24:
I'm sure he can afford 1 yr to win a ring

Hey I'm not against the idea, I'd be f**king ecstatic. I just don't think it's realistic.

I dreamed about him last year I think this year he will be a 49er and #24 is open

I dreamed about him last night.

Cut RayMac, Cut Rodgers bring in Revis and Vontae...
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Cut RayMac, Cut Rodgers bring in Revis and Vontae...

Keep raymac. Cut rogers. Just bring in Revis OR Vontae.
Trade Harbaugh for Revis
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Bucs do have interest & phone calls from teams on a potential Darrelle Revis deal. We'll see what that amounts to…& if he'll re-do his deal
http://sportsnaut.com/2014/03/darrelle-revis-expresses-interest-joining-san-francisco-49ers/
I think someone mentioned earlier that Revis' floor was 10 million. I don't know about that, he'll want more than Shield got. IMO I believe that 12 is the floor and 16 million would be the ceiling.

How about we call it $11 a year is the bottom figure. 4 years for $44 million.
Cut Carlos Rogers, Cut Frank Gore.
In 2015 Aldon Smith, Mike Iupati and/or Crabtree may not be resigned due to being Salary Cap Casualty, but addressed in 2014 draft.

Draft Needs: S, OG, OLB, WR
Future Needs: OG, OLB, WR, FB as Iupati, Aldon Smith, Crabtree and/or Bruce Miller may have to be let go or traded:

49ers can now draft more BPA as opposed to few needs in 2014.

1st WR: Odell Beckham (trade Down)
2a S: Jimmy Ward (trade Up)
2b OLB: Ryan Shazier
3a WR: Donte Moncreif (trade Up 6th)
3b G: Joel Bitoniio
3c QB: Aaron Murray
4 traded for 2015 3rd
5 CB: Aaron Colvin
7a G: Spencer Long
7b FB: Trey Millard
7c QB: Connor Shaw
Revis's $16mil contract can be arranged so it only has a caphit of $1mil. $15mil turns to bonus $$. it is a real possibility

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/11/revis-contract-gives-team-unilateral-power-to-restructure/

Revis's $16mil contract can be arranged so it only has a caphit of $1mil. $15mil turns to bonus $$
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on Mar 10, 2014 at 10:36 PM ]

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
stop right here

Mike Iupati is good but you can always find a good OG. We also have Joe Looney and a ton of picks.
Aldon Smith, I'm not convinced this guy is worth taking a risk on, but easier to let him go when you have Lemonier, Skuta and again a bunch of picks.
Michael Crabtree I'm not sure how he responds after getting punked by Richard Sherman. Also a bunch of WR's in this draft who will go to Training Camp.

More importantly, any of the above guys can be franchised for a year.

Ultimately 49ers need to get better and they are definitely going to need someone to lock up Percy Harvin. We have yet to face a Seahawks team w/a healthy Percy Harvin. Any successful GM has to consider all options to strive and get better.
" Revis' deal, when considering the new money from his extension and his previous deal with the Jets, averages $18.2 million – more than $8 million more than the Dallas Cowboys' Brandon Carr averages as the NFL's next-highest paid cornerback." CBS Sports.com

As long as Revis is the highest paid, CB, he may accept $11 or $12 a year. But, include a nice signing bonus or more guaranteed money
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by Garlicboy:
I think someone mentioned earlier that Revis' floor was 10 million. I don't know about that, he'll want more than Shield got. IMO I believe that 12 is the floor and 16 million would be the ceiling.

How about we call it $11 a year is the bottom figure. 4 years for $44 million.
Cut Carlos Rogers, Cut Frank Gore.
In 2015 Aldon Smith, Mike Iupati and/or Crabtree may not be resigned due to being Salary Cap Casualty, but addressed in 2014 draft.

Draft Needs: S, OG, OLB, WR
Future Needs: OG, OLB, WR, FB as Iupati, Aldon Smith, Crabtree and/or Bruce Miller may have to be let go or traded:

49ers can now draft more BPA as opposed to few needs in 2014.

1st WR: Odell Beckham (trade Down)
2a S: Jimmy Ward (trade Up)
2b OLB: Ryan Shazier
3a WR: Donte Moncreif (trade Up 6th)
3b G: Joel Bitoniio
3c QB: Aaron Murray
4 traded for 2015 3rd
5 CB: Aaron Colvin
7a G: Spencer Long
7b FB: Trey Millard
7c QB: Connor Shaw

stop right here

That was far from the worst part of that post. He immediately followed that by saying Aldon Smith could be a cap casualty in 2015.

Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick will be the top priorities for this team to extend. If you think otherwise, you're delusional.
Originally posted by Empire49:
That was far from the worst part of that post. He immediately followed that by saying Aldon Smith could be a cap casualty in 2015.

Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick will be the top priorities for this team to extend. If you think otherwise, you're delusional.

True. It would be foolish to let Aldon Smith see free agency. Same for Kap! Passer and pass rushers are chief
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Empire49:

True. It would be foolish to let Aldon Smith see free agency. Same for Kap! Passer and pass rushers are chief

True but if Aldon smith were to screw it up again then I would bet he wouldn't be resigned. he would have to screw up badly. but what he showed in that NFC champ game dude is back
Share 49ersWebzone