LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

Devin Hester Wants out of Chicago...are you interested?

Devin Hester wants out of Chicago, would you trade a late round pick, like a 6th or 7th, for him? He's a free agent after 2013, but I think he'd be a great fit for us next year as punt returner and a slot WR.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/03/devin-hester-wants-a-fresh-start/
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I rather draft a returner that has potential to make an impact at WR. Hester's limitations at WR are the same as Ginn's limitations.
Originally posted by GEEK:
I rather draft a returner that has potential to make an impact at WR. Hester's limitations at WR are the same as Ginn's limitations.

I think Hester is a Better WR, and he's the best pr in NFL history, who still intimidates punters and is dynamite
All boils down to $$.

How many quality years do you feel he has left?
how old is he?

we need to get younger
Does he want to get paid? or does he want a Championship ring (as opposed to just a SB participant ring)?

If he still has the skills, for the right price (veterans minimum), I'd take him.
""I'm not making any excuses. I know some of the plays I should have made in terms of catching the ball. But I just wasn't feeling it. My mind wasn't there the majority of the time.""

No. A return guy who can't keep his mind on it the majority of the time?

No.
Draft pick would be a much better value. Pass!
So replace Ginn with an older version of Ginn?

I'll stick with LMJ thanks.
Originally posted by English:
""I'm not making any excuses. I know some of the plays I should have made in terms of catching the ball. But I just wasn't feeling it. My mind wasn't there the majority of the time.""

No. A return guy who can't keep his mind on it the majority of the time?

No.

Hes been struck of the list if thats the case. Coach looks for players that can play multiple positions.

For starters, he's not nearly as explosive as he was, for another, he's a one-dimensional player. We have plenty of guys who can return kicks, yet play another legitimate position.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
So replace Ginn with an older version of Ginn?

I'll stick with LMJ thanks.

Exactly....might as well keep Ginn on the Roster, and Ginn is probably still cheaper!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if he comes with a time machine, yes.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by GEEK:

I think Hester is a Better WR, and he's the best pr in NFL history, who still intimidates punters and is dynamite

I live in Chicago. Trust me he isn't as good as he used to be.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'll give up a 4th round on him, with the chance to become a 3rd defending in his stats or performance...

You can not doubt that this guy is a treat, and I'm from the old Bill Walsh's school of adding talent that can be revive, or even damage goods..
Share 49ersWebzone