LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Please help - should I take this trade?

Please help - should I take this trade?

Sorry for the long thread, but I value your opinion. Well - at least most of you!

Hey guys. I'm not a fantasy football expert, but I do enjoy it. We have a PPR league with 2 keepers per year. I had a horrible year last year so I picked first this year, and I got Elliott. I'm ecstatic as you can believe.

My current roster is:

Blake Bortles, JAX QB
Doug Baldwin, SEA WR
Brandon Cooks, NO WR
Willie Snead, NO WR
Carlos Hyde, SF RB
Ezekiel Elliott, DAL RB
Delanie Walker, TEN TE

bench
Victor Cruz, NYG WR
Tyrell Williams, SD WR
Paxton Lynch, DEN QB
Jimmy Graham, SEA TE
Jeremy Hill, CIN RB
Martellus Bennett, NE TE

Now, my friend, who is much more knowledgeable than me in this, wants a trade. He wants to get Elliott and Graham from me, and give me:

Melvin Gordon, SD RB
Sammie Coates, PIT WR
Carson Wentz, PHI QB
Tevin Coleman, ATL RB

I think that this guy really wants Elliott as this is a keeper league and he already has Antonio B. This would set him up for a long time with Antonio and Elliott.

As you can see, my RB depth is thin. I think that if I don't have an injury, I have a good shot this year. But if I have an injury and don't take the trade, then it might hurt me.

I believe that Elliott is an absolute stud behind a stud line, and will be a keeper of mine for years. I also think that Hyde is my other keeper (please don't get injured!). So I'm happy and I have a good record.

What do you guys think? Thank you in advance!!!!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
I'd personally stick with what you have unless he throws a stud WR at you along with Gordon.
Keeper league changes that.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Huh?
Hell no. In a keeper league Elliot is far too valuable to trade for what you are getting back.
Great pick by you to take Elliot first overall, although I think David Johnson would've been the best pick. Many people would have taken Gurley.

Hold on to zeek
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Great pick by you to take Elliot first overall, although I think David Johnson would've been the best pick. Many people would have taken Gurley.

Hold on to zeek

Thanks man. David Johnson was someone else's keeper! There was 24 keepers (2 for each team x 12 teams). So essentially Elliott was the 25th pick of our draft.

I like him.
I have Zeke as wel on all my teams. The seattle preseason game showed me what i needed to see. Keep him because it is a keeper league. Though that is not a bad trade, i wouldnt do it.

You should definitely trade Bennett or Graham or Walker for a RB or more depth. No need for 3 starting TE's.

I also would like some advice. I have Dez. Somebody is offering me Tevin Coleman straight up for Dez. Dude is a Cowboy fan. I tried to fleece him but hes not biting. He also has Lamar Miller. Should i trade Dez for Coleman or try for Miller?! Or hold on and see if he can ball out rest of the year, though he has been injury prone the last two years, what would you do?
Originally posted by FromDaBay2La:
I have Zeke as wel on all my teams. The seattle preseason game showed me what i needed to see. Keep him because it is a keeper league. Though that is not a bad trade, i wouldnt do it.

You should definitely trade Bennett or Graham or Walker for a RB or more depth. No need for 3 starting TE's.

I also would like some advice. I have Dez. Somebody is offering me Tevin Coleman straight up for Dez. Dude is a Cowboy fan. I tried to fleece him but hes not biting. He also has Lamar Miller. Should i trade Dez for Coleman or try for Miller?! Or hold on and see if he can ball out rest of the year, though he has been injury prone the last two years, what would you do?

Unless Freeman goes down there is no way you should deal Dez for Coleman. On the other hand, if that owner is crazy enough to trade Lamar Miller for him make the deal.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

What do your rb's look like as of now?

Thank you. He has offered Bilal Powell for Graham.
Hell naw. He's offering scrubs for a stud.
Its a 8 team money league, standard scoring, im deep at RB. Zeke, Hyde, Gordon, CJ anderson,Ware, i went RB heavy during they draft. They went WR. I ended up with Mike Evans and Dez as my notable WRs.

Its a unique league, 3 flex spots, so i could squeeze another RB. Its all on if i believe Dez could give me numbers, regain some of his old form. Coleman looks here to stay as ATL is rolling with him involved at the moment, even though its only 10-15 touches a game.

Google research has pretty much told me to trade away Coleman and not pursue, saying he could not hold his sustain his current production with those touches.

Powell for Graham?! In a PPR i maybe would consider if he throws in something else
Originally posted by tulliman:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Huh?

I'm saying a one year deal it looks good, but he gets a young great back as a keeper . Wouldn't do it because of that.
Don't give up Elliott in a keeper league.
Share 49ersWebzone