LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

crzy presents the Official High Rollers Fantasy Baseball League

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The best thing that happened to the leagues is when you came back to run them. Dont let this change that .

Cool. I appreciate the vote of confidence. I thought it was right that I at least offer to step down. But if you guys are cool with me continuing then I'm willing to

Nah. We were a good team during the draft, making things happen, and running a smooth league. It was my fault for never having checked the settings until today when I saw that I wasnt getting credit for my ks, wins and saves any longer. Honestly, I thought everyone was aware that this was a no limit league and that there would be no opposition to setting it to what it should have been,
Cool. I appreciate the vote of confidence. I thought it was right that I at least offer to step down. But if you guys are cool with me continuing then I'm willing to

Yes
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Just call the game, give everyone their money back and we can start fresh in 2017. Who else agrees?

I feel sick over this and .....

Every time you go to My Team page - you can se the limits. It's been there since day 1. Dont think you should feel bad.

The league was supposed to be at the same exact settings as last year. That is how i played the league and i did it so well that i would have swept all pitching categories. Having me lose 2 weeks of stats is total bs.

If there was a change feom last year THAT should have been declared. But it wasnt so the rules should be the same. If anyone REALLY saw the 2000 limit why would that not be questioned since it was a pretty important change

I wasn't here last year until late season. At that time - I didn't bother to check the settings because I was taking over a last place team and my only goal was to make sure lineups were set everyday.

Last time I played fantasy baseball with you guys - there was a limit to how many SPs are allowed on a roster on a day - which was tough to monitor. When I saw 2000 innings limit on day 1 - I assumed this is a better and easier way to achieve what we were trying to achieve with limit on SPs on roster. So, I never questioned it.
[ Edited by 4ML on Sep 19, 2016 at 5:02 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Of course you should be the commish. These settings were not hidden. They were there on "My Team" page from day 1. It even has "what's this" next to it to explain it to ppl...and quite frankly - I think having a limit is a good way to do this anyway.

I don't know how John and Moist missed them...and I feel for them. I wished they had seen it in the very beginning...and we could have changed it if that's what ppl wanted. I believe (and hope) John will still finish at 2nd.

I do think we should vote on 2000 innings limit next season. It's a good rule, imho.

Of course you should be the commish. These settings were not hidden. They were there on "My Team" page from day 1. It even has "what's this" next to it to explain it to ppl...and quite frankly - I think having a limit is a good way to do this anyway.

I don't know how John and Moist missed them...and I feel for them. I wished they had seen it in the very beginning...and we could have changed it if that's what ppl wanted. I believe (and hope) John will still finish at 2nd.

I do think we should vote on 2000 innings limit next season. It's a good rule, imho.

I seriously have no idea how I did miss it but I did. I would never have been streaming marginal pitchers the last month because I simply didnt need to given my lead in the categories. I also wouldnt have advised Moist to keep trying and be active with pitchers if I knew he was over the limit.

I just knew what rules we played last year and what I had discussed with Crzy when he became commissioner. So it never dawned on me that there were any lmits at all. I should have checked though given that he was new to being a commissioner in our league. You werent here in this league from the beginning last year but Rose and Boise were. Not sure why they didnt at least bring it up if they saw a change to the rules we went by last year.

One of the reasons I enjoy playing baseball is to be able to check matchups and make a lot of moves. It gives teams that are behind a better chance to come back and can screw up a team in the front if they make bad pickups.

At the end of the day, it is just a bad deal. I honestly believed everyone knew it was a no limit league and I was simply trying to correct an error that I had finally found.
I can only speak for myself. If I pass John for 2nd -- though I'm not counting out 4ML from catching me -- I am willing to split the 2nd/3rd pots evenly with John. I do remember seeing the limits, though I don't think I took them into account because they seemed pretty far fetched for me -- I'm not a daily streamer, I will occasionally snag an attractive starter but I'm 3rd to last in IP.

My initial inclination would be to side with the guys who followed the rules set out on the league site. But I think the position we're in now, I can safely say John had me beat for 2nd. I won't change my strategy down the stretch to gun for 2nd, but like I said, if it happens, I'll split with John.

Again, that's just me. I can't speak for Boise and 4ML.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I can only speak for myself. If I pass John for 2nd -- though I'm not counting out 4ML from catching me -- I am willing to split the 2nd/3rd pots evenly with John. I do remember seeing the limits, though I don't think I took them into account because they seemed pretty far fetched for me -- I'm not a daily streamer, I will occasionally snag an attractive starter but I'm 3rd to last in IP.

My initial inclination would be to side with the guys who followed the rules set out on the league site. But I think the position we're in now, I can safely say John had me beat for 2nd. I won't change my strategy down the stretch to gun for 2nd, but like I said, if it happens, I'll split with John.

Again, that's just me. I can't speak for Boise and 4ML.

Thanks Sac. I do appreciate that a lot.

Today is a good example of why it will kill me.. so far. Plus I dont get credit for the probable CY winner Rick Porcello.

18 innings
14 Ks
1 win and another potential
0.67 whip
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Congrats Boise! Best team from the get-go.

Fully deserved. Just toooo f**king good. No one had a chance.

Actually, I had a slight chance for a bit and actually had passed him. Then came the innings limit. But I doubt I would have beaten him in the end.

Good job Boise and I am glad that Sac and I didnt lose out in the money because of the confusion.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Actually, I had a slight chance for a bit and actually had passed him. Then came the innings limit. But I doubt I would have beaten him in the end.

Good job Boise and I am glad that Sac and I didnt lose out in the money because of the confusion.

Innings limit was always there all year. Boise was playing with that in mind. No one had even a slight chance.

Boise ruled this year.

Innings limit was always there all year. Boise was playing with that in mind. No one had even a slight chance.

Boise ruled this year.
Boise clearly had the best team and deserved the W. He was in first place everyday except 1 when I passed him briefly. But there may have been a very slight chance if I had been aware of the innings. But, that isnt taking ANYTHING away from Boise at all. I had his team as one of the favorites from the beginning and he didnt disappoint. It cant be a fluke when the man has won now 2 years in a row.

The top 3 teams finished in the money and the order that they should have. Kudos to Sac. I didnt rate his team highly after the draft but boy did his team prove me wrong.

See you all next in March for next years draft.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 2, 2016 at 7:56 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Congrats Boise
Thanks guys.

Wow. Two years in a row. That's insane considering the competition. I had a lot of things go right for me this year. Avoided major injuries from my stars. Ryan Braun was really the only top guy on my team that missed some games, but he still played 135. The bounce back guys like Ian Desmond, Evan Longoria, Johnny Cueto and Freddie Freeman really were the difference. Made it a point to target them in this draft because of they're low stock, and they exceeded my expectations by a bunch. Especially Freeman. I've always really liked Freddie Freeman, but I didn't expect him to truly break out with such a weak supporting cast around him.

Congrats Ninerjohn and SacRock as well. We were all near or at the top the whole year. Roto leagues are quite the chore, but I'm glad we changed to these settings. Looking forward to next season. Now hopefully I can finally get some money in the High Rollers fantasy football league.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Congrats Boise (and John and SacRock)

Money sent out.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
You are good John, you predicted 6th place for my team and I was like....okaay Finished 6th
Share 49ersWebzone