LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

Want to win your Fantasy Football league?

I'm in the championship game after a tight race to the playoffs (finished 8-5):

My lineup:

Aaron Rodgers
Adrian Peterson
DeAngelo Williams
Jarvis Landry
Amari Cooper
Jeremy Maclin
Jordan Reed
Broncos Defense
Cairo Santos K

My biggest moves were trading AJ Green and Doug Martin for AP and going all out with an auction bid for DeAngelo Williams when I lost Le'Veon Bell & Arian Foster :(

I forgot to handcuff DeAngelo when someone dropped him off his roster when Bell came back from suspension.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Dec 19, 2015 at 8:29 PM ]
Originally posted by jedediahyork:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Made it to the playoffs (3rd) and went pretty close to your tips on the first page... by the end of my draft , I had like 5 RB and 4 WR. Turned out to be good too since McCoy has been hurt the first part of the season and Charles went out before he was lighting the league on fire....

mistakes
-QB - got a little antsy and took brees in the 5th. Should have gotten different QB
-May want to go RB, then WR in my league since we have 5 point bonuses for 100 yards, and 3 point bonuses for 150 yards. But I guess this depends on my draft position
-TE - should have waited longer as I picked up Delanie Walker off the waiver wire. Can't remember who I drafted

Oh well, it's funny, in our league, the top 4 teams are like 200 points over the rest of the league, mostly due to WRs. If I had a more consistent QB and WRs, I would have easily been first place. Charles, McCoy and Gurley have pretty much carried me through the season.

Yea, I have Brees in one of my leagues. Kind of a disappointment this year. And basically all my TEs I ended up grabbing off the waiver wire. There were definitely a few surprises on the WR side. Allen Robinson from JAX being #5, or both NYJ WRs being top 10? I don't think anyone could have predicted that. And there were a lot of RB injuries this year which skewed both the RB and WR numbers.

I was looking at the top 25 for both WR and RB, and there are more WR with more than 100 points than RBs. And I am thinking maybe with this league, I should go RB first, then WR, then RB again. I guess it all depends on draft position though.
So, I haven't logged into my fantasy leagues at all during the last two games of the playoffs.

Out of 6 leagues:

2nd. 8 team standard snake.
2nd. 8 team standard snake.
Champ. 10 team auction.
4th. 12 team snake.
4th. 10 team auction.
7th. 12 team standard.

Not bad. I was no worse than 4th in 6 of those 7 leagues going into the playoffs.
[ Edited by jedediahyork on Jan 7, 2016 at 9:20 AM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
How not to win your league

Don't log into your fantasy league during the playoffs
Originally posted by Tman:
How not to win your league

Don't log into your fantasy league during the playoffs

It really wasn't that big of an issue. There really weren't any major changes I could have made to my lineups at that point.
Rule #2 - Unless you have near back to back picks, you're better off drafting RBs with your first two picks, then grabbing second tier starting WRs.

Dont agree, I grabbed Jamal/Lesean this year, Jamall got injured, and Lesean was great for most of the season, but i was stilla ble to get Jonathan stewart SUPER late, and i think i even picked up Doug Martin off waivers at some point in week 1 or 2..

I would have won my league if i would have drafted Antonio Brown/ Julio Jones instead of Jamall/lesean considering i was starting Doug Martin/Jonathan Stewart and Lesean

We had QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,HB,TE. didnt have enough good receivers.
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Jan 20, 2016 at 12:09 AM ]
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Rule #2 - Unless you have near back to back picks, you're better off drafting RBs with your first two picks, then grabbing second tier starting WRs.

Dont agree, I grabbed Jamal/Lesean this year, Jamall got injured, and Lesean was great for most of the season, but i was stilla ble to get Jonathan stewart SUPER late, and i think i even picked up Doug Martin off waivers at some point in week 1 or 2..

I would have won my league if i would have drafted Antonio Brown/ Julio Jones instead of Jamall/lesean considering i was starting Doug Martin/Jonathan Stewart and Lesean

We had QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,HB,TE. didnt have enough good receivers.

It was a bad year for RBs. Lots of injuries this year.
Share 49ersWebzone