The Official High Rollers Fantasy Baseball League 2015

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Could someone please explain why the league settings have been changed, the max innings limit going from 1400 to 2000.

I can. We never set an innings limit for the league and never told anyone that there were any limits at all. So, I simply adjusted it to the maximum so it would not apply.

So the league settings we have all been playing under since day 1 were wrong? There was an innings limit of 1400. I have deliberately not streamed pitchers because I was playing by the league settings from day 1, managing my innings accordingly. Since day 1 I have added 2 SPs and 1 RP, often carrying 4 SPs on the DL. It is the responsibility of players to make themselves familiar with the rules and settings. If I am now being told that the settings we have all been playing by, fully available on everyone's Team Roster page and the League Settings page, have been arbitrarily changed then I am far from impressed. Unless the original settings are reinstated, I'm afraid the whole integrity of the league must be called into question.

Wow. 5 years of playing fantasy leagues together and you are questioning my intergrity? Trust me when I tell you this . I would never cheat or screw over anyone in any league. What I am guilty of is making a mistake. I did not see that Yahoo had an innings limit in place at 1400 innings until yesterday. If I had known there was a limit dont you think I would have said something when setting up the league?

When I realized that there was a 1400 innings limit set by Yahoo I realized that it was a mistake and that we needed to simply adjust it for no innings restrictions. Again, we never told anyone that there was an innings restriction. I didnt know it and I would think that outside of you NO one was aware of it.

Really sorry you are far from impressed or that you think the integrity of the league is in questionl I'm sure that we can refund your money now if you want to pull out.

NJ, you know I am not accusing anyone of cheating but it simply cannot be the case that the league settings get changed 3 months into the season. Ignorance of the rules cannot be an acceptable defence, I'm not trying manipulate any position here but simply believe that the rules in place since the league was set up on Feb 9th cannot be changed in the middle of May. I am not questioning anyone's integrity but that of a league played under one set of rules, only to be changed mid-season. Mistakes happen, we all accept that, but surely two wrongs don't make a right?

Rose, if there was an innings limit for our league it would have been clearly stated at the very beginning of this thread when we were laying out the rules. I was completely unaware that Yahoo even had an innings limit until yesterday. In my opinion, it would be far worse if we implented a 1400 innings limit now when it was never stated at all that there was one.

I feel bad if you were acting in a way because of the 1400 innings. I dont think it has hurt you given your standing and you could very well be worse off if you had been streaming crap pitchers. But that isnt really the point. The point is that I was completely unaware that Yahoo even put an innings limit in for pitching. When I saw that it was there it seemed like adjusting it was the only right thing to do since it had never been announced that an inning limit existed.

I am surprised that you never mentioned it or sent a PM since you were aware of the 1400 innings but knew it had never been brought up in our rules. I wish you had. Again. I apologize about the mistake but it was an honest one.
I will admit, I didn't think there was an inning restriction. Never even thought to look. But I can see why rose would be mad. He may be the one guy who noticed it.
I noticed the innings limit as well and was flying well above it. I don't remember us talking about games limits for position players either, so I figured those were just standard roto marks that we were going to abide by. An honest mistake, but I understand Rose's frustration. While I noticed the 1400 IP limit, I hadn't really made any moves based on that number.
Just to be clear.. there is not going to be an innings restriction, Rose, again my apologies but fel free to stream pitchers if you so choose. Hopefully it wont screw over your whip and era.
Anibal Sanchez just worked his ERA into the mid 5's after giving up back-to-back-to-back homers
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Ellsbury to the DL, doesn't sound serious but s**t.... Need Rusney to get called up ASAP
Josh Hamilton (shoulder) will remain on his rehab assignment with Triple-A Round Rock through Saturday.

Advice: The Rangers had left open the possibility that Hamilton would join them for this weekend's series against the Yankees, but it's looking like his season debut will come on Monday in Cleveland. Hamilton has fared well at the plate on his rehab assignment so far, batting .387/.424/.516 with four doubles over nine games between Double- and Triple-A.

Yes please, I need offense BADLY. Him and Zobrist on track to be back on Monday
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Rusney Castillo called up

Garce came
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Rusney Castillo called up

Garce came

F I n a L l y and yes

• jrg
  • Veteran
DAMNIT TRADE ME MICHAEL WACHA
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

• Garce
  • Veteran
C Lucroy coming off the DL next weekend I'd be open to dealing him since Nick Hundley has been doing pretty good.
[ Edited by Garcia on May 26, 2015 at 9:04 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Did you offer me Cueto before or after his MRI on his elbow John?
Share 49ersWebzone