LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Which long shot hand cuff RB do I want?

Which long shot hand cuff RB do I want?

Ok, so I'm in a pretty desperate way with my RBs. TRich and Sproles have pretty much killed my season and I'm scrambling to hoard hand cuffs and newly elevated back ups.

Here's who I have now:

QB - Stafford
WR - Cruz, A Brown, H Douglas, Shorts, Amendola, Colston
RB - Charles, TRich, Sproles, R Jennings, Dennis Johnson
TE - Julius Thomas
K - Crosby
D - CHI

So I'm trying to figure out if I want to drop Johnson to pick up a TB RB, now that James is out. And if so, which TB RB? Watching last night it looked like Leonard was the go to RB. But Rainey came in at the goal line. Also, with Foster out for the season, I wonder if Johnson is worth holding onto.

I'm 5-5 and in 6th place. So I'm still in this thing. But I need to get production from my RB2 spot to have any real shot.

Thoughts?
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Ok, so I'm in a pretty desperate way with my RBs. TRich and Sproles have pretty much killed my season and I'm scrambling to hoard hand cuffs and newly elevated back ups.

Here's who I have now:

QB - Stafford
WR - Cruz, A Brown, H Douglas, Shorts, Amendola, Colston
RB - Charles, TRich, Sproles, R Jennings, Dennis Johnson
TE - Julius Thomas
K - Crosby
D - CHI

So I'm trying to figure out if I want to drop Johnson to pick up a TB RB, now that James is out. And if so, which TB RB? Watching last night it looked like Leonard was the go to RB. But Rainey came in at the goal line. Also, with Foster out for the season, I wonder if Johnson is worth holding onto.

I'm 5-5 and in 6th place. So I'm still in this thing. But I need to get production from my RB2 spot to have any real shot.

Thoughts?

hold on to Johnson. Leonard is trash, Rainey has potential but it's real question mark whether he gets PT (I don't think he's pro ready). Johnson has most potential IMO because Tate is already playing hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone