There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which player do I drop?

Which player do I drop?

I'm in a bind with my QB and TE both on bye. I can pick up one replacement player by dropping my extra D/ST, but in order to start a full roster, I'll have to drop a player I'd rather keep. So which one gets whacked?

I'm leaning towards Colston even though he was the most expensive draft pick because my RB situation is worse than my WR situation. And for some reason I still hold out hope that Amendola might be on fire by the end of the season.

Here's my team right now:

QB - Stafford
RB - Charles, Richardson, Sproles, J Stewart
WR - Cruz, A Brown, Shorts, H Douglas, Colston, Amendola
TE - Julius Thomas
K - Crosby
D/ST - New Orleans, Chicago
btw, it's a NON ppr league...

And for what it's worth, the guys I want to pick up are Coby Fleener and Pryor.
I let go of Colston in my league already.

I might sound stupid, because some reason ive never learned if these 2 were the same.. but arent bonus leagues and "ppr leagues" the same thing? I think they are but i could be wrong lol

But I'm going to talk as if I'm right about that.

I have Pryor in my PPR league and he only benefits me when he rushes for over 100 yards (twice) really. Like last week he had somehting like 88 passing yards, but he still did solid in my league because of the bonus 10 points on top of his.

in non ppr, i dont think hes a useful asset.

And you have a deep WR anyway. I snagged Douglas too. Love him right now.

So i say colston. Its hard to trust him because brees has his boyfriend jimmy at TE and he throws to everyone. Kenny Stills is worth a look too
honestly I know you're thin at the position but I'd drop Stewart and of course one of your defenses.
Why do you only have 1 QB and 1 TE to begin with?

I probably go Stewart also, and then a Def/ST also like vrabbit said.

I have the same problem, my QB and TE, same as yours are on Bye Week. I am looking for a TE, since I have Finley, and he is for the near future. And Dalton is my backup QB.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I have the same problem, my QB and TE, same as yours are on Bye Week. I am looking for a TE, since I have Finley, and he is for the near future. And Dalton is my backup QB.

I'm not gonna hate on that, I usually roll like that too unless I have a bench bigger than 6.
imo Stewart has the least value by far
Ok some strange things happened with the waiver last night.

The guys I wanted stayed on waivers after midnight, so I picked up other guys (Flacco and Eiffert).

But then this morning the guys I had wanted showed up as FAs.

It's annoying because it cost me roster moves, but whatever.

Now I'm trying to decide between picking up Pryor and picking up Foles.

Seems like Pryor might be better this week (when I would start him). But Foles might be the better long term back up. Unless Vick comes back...
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Ok some strange things happened with the waiver last night.

The guys I wanted stayed on waivers after midnight, so I picked up other guys (Flacco and Eiffert).

But then this morning the guys I had wanted showed up as FAs.

It's annoying because it cost me roster moves, but whatever.

Now I'm trying to decide between picking up Pryor and picking up Foles.

Seems like Pryor might be better this week (when I would start him). But Foles might be the better long term back up. Unless Vick comes back...

i'd go with locker or campbell if available
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Oct 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM ]

I usually have 1 QB and 1 TE on my roster as its easy to pick up a guy for one week when you have a bye. It makes more sense to roster RBS with big upside if the starter on their team goes down. Guys like Ben Tate for example.
Stewart

That's actually incredibly common... Especially this year when both positions are so deep. You can pick up bye week fill ins in most leagues without problem, so why let them waste a spot on your bench?
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:

That's actually incredibly common... Especially this year when both positions are so deep. You can pick up bye week fill ins in most leagues without problem, so why let them waste a spot on your bench?

sheesh, didn't know that. I am in only 1 league. I have Stafford and Dalton, Stafford has been great for me. I had won 5 in a row, lost last week. 5-3 overall, tied for 2nd place. I had to drop Finley for Fleener, since Julius Thomas is on a bye week.

Also added Pierre Thomas from FA over Bilal Powell.

Will need another Def soon. Not sure when Seattle's bye week is. Same for NE's, I have their kicker.
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:

sheesh, didn't know that. I am in only 1 league. I have Stafford and Dalton, Stafford has been great for me. I had won 5 in a row, lost last week. 5-3 overall, tied for 2nd place. I had to drop Finley for Fleener, since Julius Thomas is on a bye week.

Also added Pierre Thomas from FA over Bilal Powell.

Will need another Def soon. Not sure when Seattle's bye week is. Same for NE's, I have their kicker.
It depends on the year, your league, and your QB, really.

I normally don't carry 2 TEs or QBs because I'd rather have high upside players at RB and WR, and then shuffle guys around during the bye weeks. This year I was ESPECIALLY into that strategy because there are tons of viable QBs out there and not many TEs out there.

I know that sounds crazy because it's two opposite reasons. But my logic was, if my QB gets hurt I can probably pick up a replacement easily, so there's no reason to waste a roster spot on someone. I mean, is Flacco so much better than Tannehill that I should give Flacco a roster spot all year even though I only start him once? I don't think so...

But on the other hand, with TE there's only a few guys that are really worth having. So any back up you have is probably just as crappy as whoever you'd just pick up.

But you also have to look at your league and your starters. If your league is full of QB hoarders (mine is) then maybe the guys available are all so bad that you'd be hosed if your starter went down. And then you have to factor in how likely it is that your starter will go down? Some QBs get hurt all the time, or are really streaky in general. Then you'd want a back up.

My starting QB and TE are Stafford and Julius Thomas. I just picked up Pryor and Fleener for the bye weeks. But I might hang onto them after this week. All my other tricky bye weeks have passed so I don't have to worry about shuffling players anymore. And Stafford gets hurt a lot, and totally sucks in CJ is hurt. Plus, I have an outside shot at a solid playoff run and losing QB production would kill that. Fleener I might keep until I know Thomas is ok.

Anyway, that's my approach. Deal with issues when they come up, but try to hoard as many RBs and WRs as possible.
That's exactly the case for me this year as well. I'm sitting on Percy Harvin, Shane Vereen, and Andre Brown right now rather than carrying a 2nd QB and TE. All 3 have potential to be Top 15 at their position (especially in PPR) once they return to their respective teams in the next 2 weeks.