LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Trade Brandon Marshall for Alfred Morris and Julius Thomas?

My friend text me and asked what I wanted for Brandon Marshall? I'm thinking about askin for A. morris (was) and j. Thomas (den). Would it be worth it to let go of my number 1 wr to get these two?

My team-
Qb- luck
Wr- nicks
Wr-Marshall
Rb- sproles
Rb- skittles
Wr/rb t. Smith (bal)
Te- g. Olsen
K- g. Zuierland(stl) ((sp))
D- Houston

Bench
W. mcgahee( hoping he gets picked up by giants)
Q.patten (why not?)
T. Eifert
A. Dalton
R.mendenhall

Other guy
Qb- c.newton
Wr- m. Colston
Wr- r. Cobb
Rb- a. Morris
Rb- t. Richardson
Wr/rb- a. Brown (pit)
Te- j witten
K. S. haushka (sea)
D- Denver

Bench
J Thomas
B.brown( rb phi)
B. pierce (rb bal)
S. Bradford
A. Bradshaw (rb colts)

This is a 12 man ppr $$ league
[ Edited by mike9er on Sep 11, 2013 at 10:42 PM ]
Originally posted by mike9er:
My friend text me and asked what I wanted for Brandon Marshall? I'm thinking about askin for A. morris (was) and j. Thomas (den). Would it be worth it to let go of my number 1 wr to get these two?

My team-
Qb- luck
Wr- nicks
Wr-Marshall
Rb- sproles
Rb- skittles
Wr/rb t. Smith (bal)
Te- g. Olsen
K- g. Zuierland(stl) ((sp))
D- Houston

Bench
W. mcgahee( hoping he gets picked up by giants)
Q.patten (why not?)
T. Eifert
A. Dalton
R.mendenhall

Other guy
Qb- c.newton
Wr- m. Colston
Wr- r. Cobb
Rb- a. Morris
Rb- t. Richardson
Wr/rb- a. Brown (pit)
Te- j witten
K. S. haushka (sea)
D- Denver

Bench
J Thomas
B.brown( rb phi)
B. pierce (rb bal)
S. Bradford
A. Bradshaw (rb colts)

This is a 12 man $$ league

I wouldn't. You're pretty strong at RB as it is and I don't personally like Smith as a WR2 on a weekly basis. Plus I don't know that Thomas is going to necessarily be better than Olsen so you're looking at less production in your active lineup than what he'll actually produce.

Maybe go a little bigger and offer Marshall + Olsen for Morris, Brown, and Thomas. You don't need 3 TE, so you either end up dropping one of them or trying to trade them anyway. This gives you a knock out RB core on a weekly basis and maintains some WR depth. Between Nicks, Smith, and Brown you should be able to play some matchups pretty well and put some points on the board.

And drop McGahee.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
no
Originally posted by Garcia:
no

This.
I would..

but I would revise the trade: Brandon Marshall and Rashard Mendenhall for Alfred Morris, Julius Thomas, and Antonio Brown

Might be too much to ask for but it's worth a shot
Sure lol
It's a lot easier to find WR help than RB. I've never been in a PPR league, but which probably explains Sproles as a starting RB. I'd submit for Sproles/Marshall/Olsen for Morris/Colston/Thomas.

Torrey Smith is a good flex. Flacco has no one else to throw to. Torrey was a bad pass away from having a big game in week one. He'll have a good year, more consistant than last year too.
Originally posted by strickac:
It's a lot easier to find WR help than RB. I've never been in a PPR league, but which probably explains Sproles as a starting RB. I'd submit for Sproles/Marshall/Olsen for Morris/Colston/Thomas.

Torrey Smith is a good flex. Flacco has no one else to throw to. Torrey was a bad pass away from having a big game in week one. He'll have a good year, more consistant than last year too.

WAY too much in a PPR league!!!

While Smith is capable of big games, he's not the consistent threat that you get in a PPR league with guys like the 3 you're recommending get traded away. All of them rank in the Top 3 or 4 at their position in target and receptions each week. That is PPR suicide.
[ Edited by KaeptainCrush on Sep 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Negative
Share 49ersWebzone