LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

I want to get Kap

Originally posted by Niners99:
lol Kap in the 1st might be justified by the years end from the production standpoint, but value wise its horrible. I waited until round 4 to take him, and everyone made fun of me for being a Niner homer. I knew he wouldnt make it back to me in the 5th, so I reached a little.

Anything in the first 3 rounds is hilarious. He was going to fall to the 4th-6th round in most every draft.

See that's the problem and the idiotic notion that keeps people thinking that taking Kaep in the 1st was a good idea. You can't just look at the overall production and say that makes him worth the pick...

Even if he's the best player in fantasy, if there are other great QBs that score lots of points as well, then his value is greatly diminished. The reason why saavy fantasy veterans go after RBs early is because of history. Bell cow running backs are NOT a norm anymore and are thus, very rare. Meanwhile, Quarterbacks always score lots of points. In just about every format last year, the 15th ranked QB (Carson Palmer), was also the 18th highest scorer overall. Only Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson were in the Top 15 Overall who didn't play QB and only Doug Martin outscore Palmer. Conversely, only 11 RBs rank in the Top 50 in total points, compared to 15 WR and 24 QBs. The talent begins a steep decline at RB from there...

Let's say for instance that you pick Kaep in the 1st round and he scores the most points in fantasy. I don't think it's outrageous to say that guys like RGIII and Michael Vick have outside chances of being Top 5 and are near locks to be Top 10 QBs and both had ADPs in the 5th rounds and later. Those guys are probably running combos like Doug Martin and Matt Forte out there everyday, while the guy that took Kapernick in the 1st is probably sitting on Steven Ridley and Rashard Mendenhall. I'll take the former ANY day.
[ Edited by KaeptainCrush on Sep 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM ]
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:
Originally posted by socalniner:
5th round, just before my pick.

OK, I'm giving up my man crush and try to roll with Dalton as my QB lol

Needless to say I didn't put enough weight in drafting QBs

I'm curious why you settled with Dalton... Did most people draft their backups before you drafted a starter?

I drafted rothlisberger and then dumped him after his oline looked like crap. Dalton at least has aj green. I still may try to trade for perhaps Vick but not sure he can stay healthy
I drafted rothlisberger and then dumped him after his oline looked like crap. Dalton at least has aj green. I still may try to trade for perhaps Vick but not sure he can stay healthy

You drafted Roethlisberger as your #1 QB?
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:

You drafted Roethlisberger as your #1 QB?

see original post "I'm not very good at these fantasy things..."
Share 49ersWebzone