There are 233 users in the forums

2013-14 "Who should I start?" Thread

Originally posted by drake49er:
Bush is my Flex but he is still up in the air with his injury. Who should I start if Bush is out? Pick one.

Lamar Miller
TY Hilton
Lawfirm
Ben Tate
Deandre Hopkins

I'd go lamar miller without looking at matchups
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Edelman vs TB
Torrey Smith vs HOU
James Jones @ CIN

Standard league so edelmans 13 catches gave me all of 7 points last week. Smith and Jones have yet to find the end zone yet.

Any thoughts who to start if u had to choose 2?

Leave Jones on the bench. Torrey and Edelman are the clear #1 on their teams that are both depleted at WR. Jones is the 4th or 5th option.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Bush is my Flex but he is still up in the air with his injury. Who should I start if Bush is out? Pick one.

Lamar Miller
TY Hilton
Lawfirm
Ben Tate
Deandre Hopkins

Ditto.

Although Hopkins could be big if Andre is out....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by marshniners24:

Lamar Miller
TY Hilton
Lawfirm
Ben Tate
Deandre Hopkins

Ditto.

Although Hopkins could be big if Andre is out....

Thanks guys. Looks like bush may play. Hopkins has a better match up but looks like Andre Johnson is playing also.
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Edelman vs TB
Torrey Smith vs HOU
James Jones @ CIN

Standard league so edelmans 13 catches gave me all of 7 points last week. Smith and Jones have yet to find the end zone yet.

Any thoughts who to start if u had to choose 2?

Leave Jones on the bench. Torrey and Edelman are the clear #1 on their teams that are both depleted at WR. Jones is the 4th or 5th option.

Being clear #1s at a depleted position is what worries me. Bracket coverage and all that s**t...u probably right tho. Thanks brah
I'd go jones and Edelman. Jones could blow up again and Edleman will at least get a ton of targets guaranteed
Yeah, most def going with Edelman. Could just go with both smith and Jones but I got deandre too and he went for 17 points on my bench last week.

My starters last week? Zero tds. Not f**kin one. Unreal. Hopefully they break out this week
The reason I say Torrey is because he's been close to having big games. Flacco has been missing him deep when he eats coverage. He only needs to hit it once and it 10 quick points. He'll get his chances. Rice is probably out this week, which means there's going to be more targets to the WRs. Flacco like to check down to Rice.

Hopkins is basically the same thing though. He had a huge game last week and he certainly looks the part. Hou has a lot of options though... AJ, Daniels, Foster/Tate.
Originally posted by strickac:
The reason I say Torrey is because he's been close to having big games. Flacco has been missing him deep when he eats coverage. He only needs to hit it once and it 10 quick points. He'll get his chances. Rice is probably out this week, which means there's going to be more targets to the WRs. Flacco like to check down to Rice.

Hopkins is basically the same thing though. He had a huge game last week and he certainly looks the part. Hou has a lot of options though... AJ, Daniels, Foster/Tate.

Very good point. Appreciate the feedback!!
Any Vernon Davis owners out there? If so what are you doing with him?

I got Jared Cook who plays in the early timeslot but Vernon isnt until the later timeslot what should I do?

I'm thinking of waiting it out, and if VD is inactive then I could pick up Vance McDonald or Heath Miller. Or should I just play it safe and start Jared Cook who plays the Cowboys?

Originally posted by NinerLite:
Any Vernon Davis owners out there? If so what are you doing with him?

I got Jared Cook who plays in the early timeslot but Vernon isnt until the later timeslot what should I do?

I'm thinking of waiting it out, and if VD is inactive then I could pick up Vance McDonald or Heath Miller. Or should I just play it safe and start Jared Cook who plays the Cowboys?

Cook is the safe play and has big point potential also
Jared Cook, Kembrell Thompkins, Kenny Britt, or Eddie Royal for my Flex?

I want to start Royal because of his rediculous start to the season, but with my luck he will be goosegged lol
Originally posted by spizzy:
Jared Cook, Kembrell Thompkins, Kenny Britt, or Eddie Royal for my Flex?

I want to start Royal because of his rediculous start to the season, but with my luck he will be goosegged lol

the other 3 aren't that amazing of options anyway so might as well go with Royal
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
the other 3 aren't that amazing of options anyway so might as well go with Royal

Ya jared cook is supposed to be a primary target for Bradford and had a monster week 1
I'd go with Cook
Share 49ersWebzone