LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Is it worth it to take Kaepernick with my first pick?

Seeing as there are a bunch of people in my fantasy league and there aren't a lot of depth at qb, is it worth it to get our savior with my first pick? Or should I go with another qb?
I would not take Kap as my first pick.
What pick and how many people? I wouldn't do it, but you have to draft by the way your whole draft is going honestly. He went 2nd rd in my league last night. Believe it was 16th overall. To a Raiders fan of all people lol
Originally posted by 9ersnation:
What pick and how many people? I wouldn't do it, but you have to draft by the way your whole draft is going honestly. He went 2nd rd in my league last night. Believe it was 16th overall. To a Raiders fan of all people lol

Draft order is isn't shown until the draft begins and there are like 14 people in my league
quit the league while you're still able to if you're serious about this question. You'll be doing yourself and the rest of the league a favor.

"there aren't a lot of depth at qb" ...
Originally posted by vrabbit:
quit the league while you're still able to if you're serious about this question. You'll be doing yourself and the rest of the league a favor.

It's a derpy statement I know but I have high expectations for my quarterback. But looking at it now, there are some guys I can pick up in the later rounds.
If you take Kap in the first you will not win your league. You shouldnt even consider taking a Qb until the 4th or 5th rds.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

It's a derpy statement I know but I have high expectations for my quarterback. But looking at it now, there are some guys I can pick up in the later rounds.

especially if there are 14 people in your league, go RB/RB unless one of the top 3-5 WR's fall to your 2nd pick (depending on your draft position).

You'll take a GOOD QB in the 4th-5th round range if your league is 14 teams. I just drafted in a 12 team league and got RG3 in the 5th round with the 55th pick.

especially if there are 14 people in your league, go RB/RB unless one of the top 3-5 WR's fall to your 2nd pick (depending on your draft position).

You'll take a GOOD QB in the 4th-5th round range if your league is 14 teams. I just drafted in a 12 team league and got RG3 in the 5th round with the 55th pick.

okay thanks im not so good at fantasy leagues cause i think too much like baalke, don't go for the flashy guys haha. The reason why Im asking this is because some of the people in my league aren't football savvy and might take the qbs early.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
okay thanks im not so good at fantasy leagues cause i think too much like baalke, don't go for the flashy guys haha. The reason why Im asking this is because some of the people in my league aren't football savvy and might take the qbs early.

Then that's good for you to score some top rbs, once you get past Lamar miller the rb depth falls off a cliff, unless teams start taking back up qbs way to early you will have a good qb to pick from in the 4th, 5th or 6th rounds.....you still may even end up getting Kaepernick cause his average draft position is in the 5th round on espn leagues

If he's there towards the end of round 3 just take him.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If you take Kap in the first you will not win your league. You shouldnt even consider taking a Qb until the 4th or 5th rds.

While I agree with the first part, the second is a gross overstatement. That kind of claim changes drastically from year to year, based entirely on the value at each position. It also entirely depends on what kind of league your in.

You shouldn't go around giving people this kind of advice in a vacuum, because it isn't doing anyone any good.
[ Edited by KaeptainCrush on Sep 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

While I agree with the first part, the second is a gross overstatement. That kind of claim changes drastically from year to year, based entirely on the value at each position. It also entirely depends on what kind of league your in.

You shouldn't go around giving people this kind of advice in a vacuum, because it isn't doing anyone any good.

I completely agree with ninerjohn, his advice is sound because like you said it changes year to year and this year the qb position is loaded so if you want to have the best team possible waiting to the later rounds to pick a qb is your best bet. There are outliers like brees and Rodgers, also if you are playing in a 2 qb league but of course this is a brand new year so we won't know the best strategy until it over. Thanks for the advice john keep it coming.
If youre picking 16 thru 20th go for it. Otherwise no.
Draft a stud RB first, then draft whoever you want
Share 49ersWebzone