There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Rate My Team Thread

Originally posted by CenCal9er:
10 team head to head
QB-Arron Rogers
QB-Andy Dalton
RB-Adrian Peterson
RB-BenJarvus Green-Ellis
RB-Shonn Green
RB-Mike Tolbert
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Steve Smith
WR-Tavon Austin
WR-Denarius Moore
TE-Vernon Davis
TE-Coby Fleener
DEF-SF
K-Greg Zuerlien


RB is suffering. WR's are just ok.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
man I really hope Williams does well, I have him in so many leagues, he should get a ton of carries, I just he performs A LOT better than he did in the preseason

Amen to that! He's only 30, right? Should have plenty of tread left on the tires since he hasn't carried the ball a ton the last few years.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,525
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
10 team head to head
QB-Arron Rogers
QB-Andy Dalton
RB-Adrian Peterson
RB-BenJarvus Green-Ellis
RB-Shonn Green
RB-Mike Tolbert
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Steve Smith
WR-Tavon Austin
WR-Denarius Moore
TE-Vernon Davis
TE-Coby Fleener
DEF-SF
K-Greg Zuerlien


RB is suffering. WR's are just ok.

aka your team blows
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
10 team head to head
QB-Arron Rogers
QB-Andy Dalton
RB-Adrian Peterson
RB-BenJarvus Green-Ellis
RB-Shonn Green
RB-Mike Tolbert
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Steve Smith
WR-Tavon Austin
WR-Denarius Moore
TE-Vernon Davis
TE-Coby Fleener
DEF-SF
K-Greg Zuerlien


RB is suffering. WR's are just ok.

aka your team blows


His QB and AP will carry the team. VD and the WR's can lend decent support. Pending the point system of his league he could do well.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,525
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
10 team head to head
QB-Arron Rogers
QB-Andy Dalton
RB-Adrian Peterson
RB-BenJarvus Green-Ellis
RB-Shonn Green
RB-Mike Tolbert
WR-Julio Jones
WR-Wes Welker
WR-Steve Smith
WR-Tavon Austin
WR-Denarius Moore
TE-Vernon Davis
TE-Coby Fleener
DEF-SF
K-Greg Zuerlien


RB is suffering. WR's are just ok.

aka your team blows


His QB and AP will carry the team. VD and the WR's can lend decent support. Pending the point system of his league he could do well.

It takes more than Aaron Rodgers and a good RB to win your league. You need to have solid players throughout your roster. None of his RBs outside of AP will be relevant.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
His QB and AP will carry the team. VD and the WR's can lend decent support. Pending the point system of his league he could do well.

I'm sorry, you just can't depend on Aaron Rodgers and AP to win you your games. On average, a good game from them gets you 35-40 points. While Julio Jones will do some damages, Wes Welker won't be a consistent threat for targets and no other player will end up with an average of more than 10 points a game. Depending on two players like them might work at the beginning of the season, but one bad game ruins everything in the playoffs and there isn't a lot of hope if he has to endure an injury.
10 Team Head-to-Head: 0.5 PPR, IDP 1.5 pts for solo tackles and 0,5 for assists (LB heavy)
QB: Robert Griffin III
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Matt Forte
WR: AJ Green
WR: Victor Cruz
TE: Greg Olsen
FLEX: Eddie Lacy
K: None on roster at the moment (trying the work a trade first that opens a roster spot)
DST: New England Patriots
IDP: Luke Kuechly
B: Montee Ball
B: Le'Veon Bell
B: Danny Woodhead
B: Jordy Nelson
B: Josh Gordon
B: Kenny Britt (contemplating a waiver claim for Crabtree)
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,525
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
His QB and AP will carry the team. VD and the WR's can lend decent support. Pending the point system of his league he could do well.

I'm sorry, you just can't depend on Aaron Rodgers and AP to win you your games. On average, a good game from them gets you 35-40 points. While Julio Jones will do some damages, Wes Welker won't be a consistent threat for targets and no other player will end up with an average of more than 10 points a game. Depending on two players like them might work at the beginning of the season, but one bad game ruins everything in the playoffs and there isn't a lot of hope if he has to endure an injury.

if either one of them has an off year or goes down to injury its a lost season. If I were him I'd trade both of them for more depth.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,525
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:
10 Team Head-to-Head: 0.5 PPR, IDP 1.5 pts for solo tackles and 0,5 for assists (LB heavy)
QB: Robert Griffin III
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Matt Forte
WR: AJ Green
WR: Victor Cruz
TE: Greg Olsen
FLEX: Eddie Lacy
K: None on roster at the moment (trying the work a trade first that opens a roster spot)
DST: New England Patriots
IDP: Luke Kuechly
B: Montee Ball
B: Le'Veon Bell
B: Danny Woodhead
B: Jordy Nelson
B: Josh Gordon
B: Kenny Britt (contemplating a waiver claim for Crabtree)

Originally posted by Garcia:

Ha. It's unlikely. I just ready they probably won't have good timetable of his return until Week 6.

I was trying to make a move by offering Forte, Ball, and one of Rice/Britt for Morris or Richardson (both of who are undervalued in my league and were drafted mid-2nd rd, just ahead of my AJ Green selection). I can't get either manager to bite before the season starts, but I obviously need to drop a player to make room for a kicker. Right now, I'm leaning towards Woodhead. Suggestions?
[ Edited by KaeptainCrush on Aug 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,525
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:
Originally posted by Garcia:

Ha. It's unlikely. I just ready they probably won't have good timetable of his return until Week 6.

Kenny Britt could be really good this year. He is a pretty high-risk play at this point and hearing that he will need time off during each weak because of his knee.

But reports are he is healthy and if dude can put it all together could win your league, giving up on him for a guy who COULD return late in the year and would take him at least a month to get back up to speed is not a good play, IMO.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Kenny Britt could be really good this year. He is a pretty high-risk play at this point and hearing that he will need time off during each weak because of his knee.

But reports are he is healthy and if dude can put it all together could win your league, giving up on him for a guy who COULD return late in the year and would take him at least a month to get back up to speed is not a good play, IMO.

Oh, I meant Crabtree had an unknown timetable, so that take him off the table for me. Britt isn't going anywhere. I'm as high on him as you are.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 32,525
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:
Oh, I meant Crabtree had an unknown timetable, so that take him off the table for me. Britt isn't going anywhere. I'm as high on him as you are.

Did you mean you were contemplating a waiver claim later in the season?
20 man ppr league.

Bronx Bangers
1. (16) Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
2. (36) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
3. (56) Daryl Richardson (StL - RB)
4. (76) Giovani Bernard (Cin - RB)
5. (96) Colin Kaepernick  (SF - QB)
6. (116) Kendall Hunter (SF - RB)
7. (136) Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR)
8. (156) Marcedes Lewis (Jac - TE)
9. (176) Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
10. (196) Richard Sherman (Sea - CB)
11. (216) Cameron Wake (Mia - DE)
12. (236) Patrick Peterson  (Ari - CB)
13. (256) Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
14. (276) Vontaze Burfict (Cin - LB)
15. (296) Tyrann Mathieu (Ari - S)
16. (316) Justin Houston (KC - LB)
17. (336) LaRod Stephens-Howling (Pit - RB)
18. (356) Garrett Hartley (NO - K)
19. (376) Robert Quinn (StL - DE)
20. (396) Janoris Jenkins (StL - CB)
21. (416) New York (NYJ - DEF)
22. (436) Terrelle Pryor (Oak - QB)
23. (456) Ted Ginn Jr. (Car - WR)
24. (476) Darius Reynaud (Ten - RB)
25. (496) Kellen Winslow (NYJ - TE)
26. (516) Jeff Heath (Dal - S)
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
20 man ppr league.

Bronx Bangers
1. (16) Brandon Marshall (Chi - WR)
2. (36) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
3. (56) Daryl Richardson (StL - RB)
4. (76) Giovani Bernard (Cin - RB)
5. (96) Colin Kaepernick  (SF - QB)
6. (116) Kendall Hunter (SF - RB)
7. (136) Cordarrelle Patterson (Min - WR)
8. (156) Marcedes Lewis (Jac - TE)
9. (176) Nate Washington (Ten - WR)
10. (196) Richard Sherman (Sea - CB)
11. (216) Cameron Wake (Mia - DE)
12. (236) Patrick Peterson  (Ari - CB)
13. (256) Doug Baldwin (Sea - WR)
14. (276) Vontaze Burfict (Cin - LB)
15. (296) Tyrann Mathieu (Ari - S)
16. (316) Justin Houston (KC - LB)
17. (336) LaRod Stephens-Howling (Pit - RB)
18. (356) Garrett Hartley (NO - K)
19. (376) Robert Quinn (StL - DE)
20. (396) Janoris Jenkins (StL - CB)
21. (416) New York (NYJ - DEF)
22. (436) Terrelle Pryor (Oak - QB)
23. (456) Ted Ginn Jr. (Car - WR)
24. (476) Darius Reynaud (Ten - RB)
25. (496) Kellen Winslow (NYJ - TE)
26. (516) Jeff Heath (Dal - S)

Did you have bookend picks?