There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Please critique my draft :)

Originally posted by YungAce:
I stand by the RGIII. If anything, it's the 9ers D that was taken too early lol.

In a 12-team league or a 2 QB start league, sure, no question about it.

In a 10 Team league with 1 starting QB? No way, not ever. I have RGIII in both of my leagues and I drafted him in the 7th (10 Team) and 6th (12 team) rounds, respectively. So for one thing, it just wasn't good value. Couple that with the fact that there were some GREAT players still available and you arguably don't need a 2nd QB in a 10 teamer anyway, the position is SO deep... Such a waste of a good pick.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
why bother with this thread? Not only was the OP's draft questionable, but there are at least a couple of idiots in this league from what I can see (not directed at the OP)

This. I wouldnt have even commented if I had seen the draft with a kicker going in Rd 3. Makes it all stupid and worthless. AND.. the OP took a kicker ahead of Ben Tate. Crazy.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM ]
David Wilson's value just sky rocketed
And I dont understand the hate for RGIII. When he plays, hes arguably the best QB in fantasy football? ONCE he shows he is in his original form, I will be able to trade him for a legitimate WR2 or something.

I had players in mind and if i could get them later, I took possibly the best defense and best kicker .. This is a bonus league too. Dont remember if I mentioned that.

And yea seeing that kicker drafted in the 3rd made some dude say "I might get PTSD from that" lol
Originally posted by Zachary:
And I dont understand the hate for RGIII. When he plays, hes arguably the best QB in fantasy football? ONCE he shows he is in his original form, I will be able to trade him for a legitimate WR2 or something.

I had players in mind and if i could get them later, I took possibly the best defense and best kicker .. This is a bonus league too. Dont remember if I mentioned that.

And yea seeing that kicker drafted in the 3rd made some dude say "I might get PTSD from that" lol

It's not about hating RGIII, it's about hating the idea of two QBs on your roster. I have RGIII on 2 out of 3 teams so far (and I have Kaep ranked higher) and I didn't draft a back up in either one, which is saying something because he had the most questions marks of anyone.

The problem is that if both Kaepernick and RGIII have great seasons, you have one of them sitting on your bench. This is risky in the event that one of them tanks it and had no value (now you've lost out on a reliable RB or WR option) or his value is so high that you don't ever get what you should for him. You're going to be the one that ends up taking less value to move him, which you WILL do, because he's wasting away on your bench and taking up a roster spot.

Regardless of bonuses, drafting a kicker before the last round should just never happen. Look at the scores of the top 12 (starters in most fantasy leagues) over the last 5 years and you'll see that the 12th ranked kicker scores an average of 1.5 points less than the best. That's your WORST option if you selected last in the draft. Consider the one or two that emerge every year and I really could care less about Gostkowski or whoever your crapshoot #1 kicker is. I'm taking another RB.
You talk about getting great value and having a trade chip with RG3 and then turn right around later and pass on Ben Tate ( who would be an amazing trade chip to the Arian Foster owner or anyone if Foster gets hurt) and take a kicker. A KICKER! I dont like either move but the kicker selection is worse.
Good draft. Superior Rbs. Went a lil early on 49er d.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Good draft. Superior Rbs. Went a lil early on 49er d.

Are you on crack? Honestly, I don't understand how people look at this team and the first adjective they use is "good". This was a piss poor draft, plain and simple. No offense to the OP, because he might be newer to fantasy and hasn't grasped certain concepts, but if you're walking around applauding this draft, you should be ashamed of yourselves for reinforcing poor strategy. Yes, it's a technique, but I assure you, the arguments you make have been proven fruitlessly wrong.
[ Edited by KaeptainCrush on Aug 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM ]
I like the strategy of grabbing RG3 and Kaep, if one has a monster season you can trade the other. Or if one goes down you have a back up.
Wow this dude is firing on me lol. But thanks for the feedback for real.

I don't get why you dont understand the concept of having 2 qbs.. there will be a bye week and what.. am i gonna pick up Alex Smith for the week? Every week is crucial.

And I'm not new to FF. I won 2 of my last 3. Came in 4th/12 when i didnt win.

When Cam was a rookie, people hated on me for drafting him and then Steve Smith .. "Cam wont be reliable.. smith is over the hill." ... Then my drafted tight end was Jimmy Graham .."who?!"

And I'm just saying. RGIII > Ben Tate when it comes to trade value later in the year.

I was mainly looking for an overall outlook on my team. Like how you would perceive it if you were playing me.

Thanks for the feed tho guys :)

KaeptainCrush can you post your team/results?
Wow this dude is firing on me lol. But thanks for the feedback for real.

I don't get why you dont understand the concept of having 2 qbs.. there will be a bye week and what.. am i gonna pick up Alex Smith for the week? Every week is crucial.

And I'm not new to FF. I won 2 of my last 3. Came in 4th/12 when i didnt win.

When Cam was a rookie, people hated on me for drafting him and then Steve Smith .. "Cam wont be reliable.. smith is over the hill." ... Then my drafted tight end was Jimmy Graham .."who?!"

And I'm just saying. RGIII > Ben Tate when it comes to trade value later in the year.

I was mainly looking for an overall outlook on my team. Like how you would perceive it if you were playing me.

Thanks for the feed tho guys :)

KaeptainCrush can you post your team/results?

Yes, if he's the best available and has a good matchup. Either way, you have one great player sitting on the bench every week. Thinking about your bye week in the 5th round of your fantasy draft is really terrible. Especially in a 10 team league when most QBs rated 11th and lower won't even be rostered. In some 10 team leagues you can quite literally pick up Russell Wilson, while that's rare, guys like Roethlisberger and Flacco will score you 15-20 points safely and that's all you need.

The problem is you didn't miss out on Ben Tate by drafting RGIII, you missed out on James Jones, Darren McFadden, Darren Sproles, Danny Amendola, DeSean Jackson, Torrey Smith, Jordy Nelson, and Ahmad Bradshaw, all Top 30 players at premium position that start a combined 50 spots on your league's rosters. That means all, but 10 of them essentially start EVERY week and you blew your opportunity to pick the best available player by drafting a QB you might start once all season and a defense that scored 10, -1, and 12 points from Weeks 15-17 (Championship weeks) after scoring less than 15 points only one other time. What was the difference in these weeks? Justin Smith and schedule. Drafting a defense that early just makes no sense.