There are 208 users in the forums

Where do you rank Arian Foster this year?

Where do you rank Arian Foster this year?

Thoughts?
I took him with my #7 overall pick. Just couldn't pass him up.
Top 3 pick
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I took him with my #7 overall pick. Just couldn't pass him up.

The same. He's going to have a great year and Tate will spell him to keep him healthy. I predict 1200+ yard and 10 td's
I just stayed away from him in general.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Thoughts?

Here's what I think, based on what has been said about him:

Arian Foster won't play in Thursday's preseason finale.

Foster will enter Week 1 without taking a single exhibition rep. It's a stark contrast to last year, when he rushed 19 times for 89 yards with a TD in the preseason and 2010, when he got 13 carries. The Texans have coddled Foster all offseason thanks to the nagging calf and back issues he insists are now behind him. Aug 27 - 8:08 AM
Source: Rotoworld

This is pretty much all we've heard about him and the reason he's tumbled on many people's draft boards from #2 down to as far as #15. I say, bullocks! Last year, Foster almost missed the opening game BECAUSE of training camp:

Texans coach Gary Kubiak is attributing Arian Foster's knee soreness to the "wear and tear" grind of training camp.

Kubiak reiterated Friday afternoon that Foster will be a game-time decision Sunday against the Dolphins. It's fair to wonder if the Texans might think they can beat such a weak team offensively without their workhorse running back. Backup Ben Tate has starting-caliber talent in his own right. We'll know more early Sunday. The Texans-Dolphins game does have a 1PM ET start, so we're going to know whether Foster is active by no later than noon.Fri, Sep 7, 2012 04:20:00 PM
Source: Rotoworld

I look at that last report in two different ways:

1) The Texans saw no need to push Arian Foster in training camp, especially with the workload he has had over the last few years. No need to risk injury like they faced last year just to see him do what they already know he can do.

2) There was speculation at the last minute last year about Foster and whether he should have been the #1 overall pick, because of the injury and his questionable status leading into Week 1. He went on to rush for 79 yards and 2 TDs against Miami for 19.9 fantasy points in standard scoring leagues. Oh, and he finished with 1628 total yards from scrimmage and 17 TDs.

Foster is my #2 RB behind Peterson.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
from an auction perspective, I dont want Foster because in a $200 auction, he will cost $65++++

Why pay $65 for Foster when I can pay $55 or lower for Doug Martin CJ Spiller or LeSean McCoy who will probably have around the same production.
Had him in keeper league so obviously I was not going to drop him. But, in a redraft league I probably would have taken him around 7th or so.
Originally posted by Garcia:
from an auction perspective, I dont want Foster because in a $200 auction, he will cost $65++++

Why pay $65 for Foster when I can pay $55 or lower for Doug Martin CJ Spiller or LeSean McCoy who will probably have around the same production.

Auction league is completely different story, good point. Right now might be a good time to swoop in though. I'm not particularly familiar with auction drafts, but with his value so low, aren't people less likely to bid high?
Share 49ersWebzone