LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Grade Troy Smith's Performance

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I gave him a D, he missed some easy passes.. and that hail mary to D walk, was retarded, but It worked.

I don't see how you give him a d? 1dt pass 1 td run and made as much as he could with the play calling.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
A

One week of practice, and he has the best QB performance of the year. Definitely cannot ask more than that.

Not to mention he was working with a limited play book.

Alex fanboys will find a reason to dismiss Troy's performance. A lucky throw (one Alex would have never attempted due to lack of testicular fortitude) or "it's the Broncos and they suck" will probably be the main reasons.
I gave him a C. He's worth keeping around as a backup I think but we really seem to need to go out and find a starter this offseason.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
one lucky throw, some good moves with his feet, no mistakes. B

c+. Huge lucky throw, but in the end they won.

F#ck that! He made a play. The ball was on the money! He won! Did not turn the ballover! If it had been Alex who had made that play, you all would be calling him Jesus! Good game Troy and show these haters what a playmaker looks like!
[ Edited by ttime1 on Oct 31, 2010 at 1:21 PM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I give him a solid B. He was phenomenal in the 4th quarter. The play calling in the other 3 were terrible. I give Gore an A for the first three quarters
4th quarter was awesome for Troy.

I'll give him a B+.

I just cant get too excited. We underachieved IMO. Raiders dropped 59 pts in 3 quarters on these clowns and we barely win 24-16.

But hey..Troy got it done and we won. Can't complain.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
A

One week of practice, and he has the best QB performance of the year. Definitely cannot ask more than that.

Alex fanboys will find a reason to dismiss Troy's performance. A lucky throw (one Alex would have never attempted due to lack of testicular fortitude) or "it's the Broncos and they suck" will probably be the main reasons.

it was an awful pass that should not have been attempted.
Eric Davis is a dumbass
He did well, showed he belongs and probably is the best QB on the team. Threw some bad passes, but after NO REPS DUE TO SINGLECELL, astonishing, he did as good as possible, so at least a B, maybe an A.

But, that lucky pass may have sealed the doom for the Niners, might keep Sing around for the season. I thought it was essential to lose this game big in order to make the team better sooner.
  • bret
  • Veteran
The Alex Smith Era is finally over!

I can't downgrade Troy Smith for the "F" play-calling. But he bought time with his feet, made made good plays out of nothing. The long pass to Walker wasn't good - he got lucky. But players seemed to be rallying around him. Sometimes that stuff helps CREATE luck!

I gave him a B+.

Alex Smith threw 2 TD's and made no mistakes against the Raiders, game also won by the 49ers. Pretty similar to Troy's performance today. However, A. Smith was not seen as a baller after that one.
A

I don't think there are many left.

btw I give Troy a B. Decent job, given the circumstances.
Got lucky on the Delanie pass.

Some QBs make their own lucky.

Nice TD Run. Nice throw to Crabs.

His passes on the slants were pretty good.

No WTF passes.

Overall, solid B+

Lets see some more legs, rollouts, and deep bombs
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
A

it was an awful pass that should not have been attempted.

That pass was thrown on the money! What are you all talking about? He did what playmakers do and you all are extreme haters!
[ Edited by ttime1 on Oct 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I'll give him a B. The Walker throw was mad lucky and coulda easily went the other way. No mistakes tho which is big, and he made some good plays with his feet.
Share 49ersWebzone