LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Football League 2014: RonMexico is the CHAMPION!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
GO is out and will pick around 11:30pm.

Thanks Red. I'll update the OP and make my pick tonight if GO picks before 1am
DB Johnathan Cyprien, Jaguars
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Baltimore Ravens Defense
Did GO say that he'd make his pick around 11:30...and then actually made his pick around 11:30?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Did GO say that he'd make his pick around 11:30...and then actually made his pick around 11:30?

Originally posted by 4ML:
Baltimore Ravens Defense

Damn.
We don't need such a long bench IMO. It takes the fun out of FA.

Yea, if crzy is not back as commish - I'll propose it and we can all vote.

I would vote to keep it as is. A big bench is necessary for IDPs, especially if two of your guys share a bye week. Even more so if those also coincide with a bye for your K or DEF.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I would vote to keep it as is. A big bench is necessary for IDPs, especially if two of your guys share a bye week. Even more so if those also coincide with a bye for your K or DEF.

this
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

From my experience, most people drop their IDPs and Ks during the bye week unless they've the top guy at the position. People will always justify keeping a handcuff on the bench than carry an extra K or IDP.

As you can see from the drafting strategy of at least 3 teams - filling all 3 IDPs isn't atop priority. You can find recyclables easily from week to week. Also, it's a smart strategy to have two defenses on the roster anyway.

What I don't like is, having so many spots kills the FA and playing fantasy football is not just about the draft but all in-season management. You have to find the right balance between the two and if you severely diminish one - it takes the fun out of it.
But if you did draft a top or a few of the top IDPs, you shouldn't be penalized by having to drop them come the bye week due to lack of roster space.

But if you did draft a top or a few of the top IDPs, you shouldn't be penalized by having to drop them come the bye week due to lack of roster space.

dude remind me to buy you a beer next time we hang out at a tailgate.

(and of course by "buy" I mean grab one from a random cooler there )
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Then maybe carrying 3 TEs on the roster is a bad strategy

finally something we can agree on
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

finally something we can agree on

Yeup...if you want to carry backups at IDP or Kickers...you have to cut somewhere else. Can't carry 3 TEs or 6 WRs or 5 RBs.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Backup Kickers lol
Share 49ersWebzone