Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

crzy's Dynasty Football League 2014

Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
GO is out and will pick around 11:30pm.

Thanks Red. I'll update the OP and make my pick tonight if GO picks before 1am
DB Johnathan Cyprien, Jaguars
Baltimore Ravens Defense
Did GO say that he'd make his pick around 11:30...and then actually made his pick around 11:30?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Did GO say that he'd make his pick around 11:30...and then actually made his pick around 11:30?

Originally posted by 4ML:
Baltimore Ravens Defense

Damn.
We don't need such a long bench IMO. It takes the fun out of FA.

Yea, if crzy is not back as commish - I'll propose it and we can all vote.

I would vote to keep it as is. A big bench is necessary for IDPs, especially if two of your guys share a bye week. Even more so if those also coincide with a bye for your K or DEF.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I would vote to keep it as is. A big bench is necessary for IDPs, especially if two of your guys share a bye week. Even more so if those also coincide with a bye for your K or DEF.

this

From my experience, most people drop their IDPs and Ks during the bye week unless they've the top guy at the position. People will always justify keeping a handcuff on the bench than carry an extra K or IDP.

As you can see from the drafting strategy of at least 3 teams - filling all 3 IDPs isn't atop priority. You can find recyclables easily from week to week. Also, it's a smart strategy to have two defenses on the roster anyway.

What I don't like is, having so many spots kills the FA and playing fantasy football is not just about the draft but all in-season management. You have to find the right balance between the two and if you severely diminish one - it takes the fun out of it.
But if you did draft a top or a few of the top IDPs, you shouldn't be penalized by having to drop them come the bye week due to lack of roster space.
But if you did draft a top or a few of the top IDPs, you shouldn't be penalized by having to drop them come the bye week due to lack of roster space.

dude remind me to buy you a beer next time we hang out at a tailgate.

(and of course by "buy" I mean grab one from a random cooler there )

Then maybe carrying 3 TEs on the roster is a bad strategy

finally something we can agree on
Originally posted by vrabbit:

finally something we can agree on

Yeup...if you want to carry backups at IDP or Kickers...you have to cut somewhere else. Can't carry 3 TEs or 6 WRs or 5 RBs.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Backup Kickers lol