There are 290 users in the forums

CFB fantasy league - Jim Harbaugh's Khakis

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I'm a bit worried about our game in real life. Utah has played tough at home. But QB Taylor Kelly is a QB that's earned my trust as a legit leader who will get our team in the game. On paper we should win big, but it may be a tight victory if Utah brings it.

On a side note, its unclear if WR Jaelen Strong will play, dude has been a beast for us while our other WRs are below average. He didn't practice Wednesday (he is dealing with an ankle sprain from 2 games ago), haven't heard anything since.

If we don't turn the ball over it will be a game that can go either way. We played very well against Stanford and mainly won due to not giving possessions away. If we do, there is no way in hell we win. I think we have something like 16 turnovers in our 4 losses and like 1 or 2 in our wins.

Tired of seeing ASU destroy us every year.

wow that was a close one, had me worried. Your D-Line brought it in the game.

WR Jaelen Strong was not healthy, I could tell. Our offense isn't nearly as good when he is hurt
  • Jiks
I'm a bit worried about our game in real life. Utah has played tough at home. But QB Taylor Kelly is a QB that's earned my trust as a legit leader who will get our team in the game. On paper we should win big, but it may be a tight victory if Utah brings it.

On a side note, its unclear if WR Jaelen Strong will play, dude has been a beast for us while our other WRs are below average. He didn't practice Wednesday (he is dealing with an ankle sprain from 2 games ago), haven't heard anything since.

If we don't turn the ball over it will be a game that can go either way. We played very well against Stanford and mainly won due to not giving possessions away. If we do, there is no way in hell we win. I think we have something like 16 turnovers in our 4 losses and like 1 or 2 in our wins.

Tired of seeing ASU destroy us every year.

wow that was a close one, had me worried. Your D-Line brought it in the game.

WR Jaelen Strong was not healthy, I could tell. Our offense isn't nearly as good when he is hurt

I'll pay you $100 to take Erickson back. Man he has done some good things but he has cost us multiple games. I mean we are up and we pass 3 of our last 17 plays. All of us in the crowd were saying "lets put a nail in this", and we continue to run straight into your brick wall front. Way too conservative that early in the game. Still has me pissed.

Defense has played lights out the last 3/4 of the season. Love our defense. If it wasn't for turnovers we "could" be 7-2. They have kept us in every game. Holding you guys to 20 points is pretty damn hard, and we played well.

Offense is just bad... Oline, running game and I hate to say it Wilson all are playing beyond poorly. That and right now Erickson can SAD. Good thing we only play Oregon next week. That's going to go well.

Special teams was solid as always. Can't believe I forgot to re-add Phillips after the bye. 50+ yarder and 45+ yarder would've helped.

Finally, that QB of yours reminded me of Russel Wilson a bit. Just his style of play and scrambling ability. He seems to have a nice all around game.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM ]
I'll pay you $100 to take Erickson back. Man he has done some good things but he has cost us multiple games. I mean we are up and we pass 3 of our last 17 plays. All of us in the crowd were saying "lets put a nail in this", and we continue to run straight into your brick wall front. Way too conservative that early in the game. Still has me pissed.

Defense has played lights out the last 3/4 of the season. Love our defense. If it wasn't for turnovers we "could" be 7-2. They have kept us in every game. Holding you guys to 20 points is pretty damn hard, and we played well.

Offense is just bad... Oline, running game and I hate to say it Wilson all are playing beyond poorly. That and right now Erickson can SAD. Good thing we only play Oregon next week. That's going to go well.

Special teams was solid as always. Can't believe I forgot to re-add Phillips after the bye. 50+ yarder and 45+ yarder would've helped.

Finally, that QB of yours reminded me of Russel Wilson a bit. Just his style of play and scrambling ability. He seems to have a nice all around game.

Wilson on your team is really tough, but not that skilled. I question Utah's playcalling that put Wilson in so many hits.I mean that dude was probably hit 30 times. Using your QB as a power runner seems crazy to me.

Another guy that stood out to me is #1 CB on your team, he looked pretty good.

Offensively it seems like you guys are trying to establish power run identity. Good luck with that, you'll need Stanford- quality O-Line recruits.

And Erickson? No one at ASU ever wants to see him again, we don't have very fond memories of him. Erickson's offensive skills are SO OVER RATED. His first OC here, Olsen or something, was the WORST OC I've ever seen. Erickson saved his ass by bringing in Mazzone (currently at UCLA), but even Mazzone is insanely over rated. I see trends in all of Erickson's playcalling and I can't stand it. He seems obsessed with trying to pick up 2-3 yards with his play calls no matter the situation in the game and moving the ball down the field or taking shots deep is totally alien to him.

Regarding our QB Kelly, he reminds me of Matt Saracen from Friday Night Lights lol. He is from Idaho and kicked ass there in their low quality leagues, only recruitment was from Nevada. He was recruited to be Kaepernick's replacement. But Erickson (whose from Idaho) had a sudden hard on from him because Erickson always wanted to add 1-2 guys from around there in every class (Brock Osweiler was the one before, from Montana). Erickson's eye for gems is actually really good and his best coach attribute. Kelly switched to us. Before last year he was a 3rd string scrub, never given a chance. And he came out of nowhere to steal the #1 Job.

Kelly isn't the best QB but I love the dude's personality. A real humble hard working kid, good at a couple of things but not great at anything. His deep ball is non-existent.

But Kelly is a scrapper, which I like and is exactly what we need at this point. He is good enough to win us 8-10 games but thats it.

Edit: He does drag racing in the off-season and it shows. You will never see him lose his cool on the field, always super calm.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM ]
wow, 5 5-6 teams for the last 2 spots in playoffs.

Its hard to figure out which 2 of the 5 will win the tie breakers with all the head-to-head stuff

Hallam Hammers and Boiler Up I think will have the most points scored among the 5

I think I'll miss playoffs by a nose....
wow, 5 5-6 teams for the last 2 spots in playoffs.

Its hard to figure out which 2 of the 5 will win the tie breakers with all the head-to-head stuff

Hallam Hammers and Boiler Up I think will have the most points scored among the 5

I think I'll miss playoffs by a nose....
I'm not so sure I'm sorry that more teams didn't join the TankForTempe crusade. Your team has been playing too well anyway the last little while. Anyway, sorry to see you're out. I'm probably going to be conejo'd in a couple of weeks anyway and join you on the sidelines.
  • Jiks
FOCK! Boise out of all teams? Ugh, I'm doomed

Wait, Johnny has a bye week!!!
[ Edited by vrabbit on Nov 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
FOCK! Boise out of all teams? Ugh, I'm doomed

Wait, Johnny has a bye week!!!

I manhandled Boise this week, with Johnny (and for me without Jordan Lynch). Don't be scurred.

Boiler is about to get tore up like a tight wet p***y.
Originally posted by ColdFan:
I'm not so sure I'm sorry that more teams didn't join the TankForTempe crusade. Your team has been playing too well anyway the last little while. Anyway, sorry to see you're out. I'm probably going to be conejo'd in a couple of weeks anyway and join you on the sidelines.

its all good, was still a fun season

cya in playoffs next year guys!!!!
Originally posted by KRS-1:
I manhandled Boise this week, with Johnny (and for me without Jordan Lynch). Don't be scurred.

This does not appear to a very Canadian attitude, unless you've just got thrown-out of the Senate, your video with Ron Ford has just hit the internet, or you're a die-hard Oilers or Eskimos fan.

This does not appear to a very Canadian attitude, unless you've just got thrown-out of the Senate, your video with Ron Ford has just hit the internet, or you're a die-hard Oilers or Eskimos fan.

• evil
  • Veteran

When I moved to 'Merica, I lost my Canadian attitude. Now I wanna shoot my neighbors, drink beer that tastes like piss and shoot off illegal fireworks.
When I moved to 'Merica, I lost my Canadian attitude. Now I wanna shoot my neighbors, drink beer that tastes like piss and shoot off illegal fireworks.

Thanks. So how are you liking L.A.? - Seems to be a good fit.
[ Edited by ColdFan on Nov 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM ]
eh 4-7..not bad for the first time. Had a good team all around, but f**king Amari Cooper and Brandon Bigelow screwed me big time!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Thanks. So how are you liking L.A.? - Seems to be a good fit.

I wish Ohio had that L.A. weather.
Share 49ersWebzone