LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2013 (vrabbit is the CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
yeah I wish I could do that with Wheeler, but apparently we can't. I'm not sure if we've ever discussed this scenario though

Funny that you drafted Jedd Gyorko with the pick after I drafted Bundy. I was literally going back and forth between Bundy and Gyorko . And now I'm gonna drop Bundy lol

man I would had been so pissed, I'd been eyeing Gyorko for like 3 rounds
Had Peralta last year after he came up. I like him.
Crzy OTC, pick 262.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
yeah I wish I could do that with Wheeler, but apparently we can't. I'm not sure if we've ever discussed this scenario though

Funny that you drafted Jedd Gyorko with the pick after I drafted Bundy. I was literally going back and forth between Bundy and Gyorko . And now I'm gonna drop Bundy lol

Wait...you don't have to drop him if you don't want to. He doesn't have a SP eligibility and he isn't on the MLB roster as a starting pitcher...yet.

Cardinals called up Shelby Miller and used him as a RP. You've every right to keep him as your RP till he actually starts a game in major league baseball.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Wait...you don't have to drop him if you don't want to. He doesn't have a SP eligibility and he isn't on the MLB roster as a starting pitcher...yet.

Cardinals called up Shelby Miller and used him as a RP. You've every right to keep him as your RP till he actually starts a game in major league baseball.

That's what I was thinking originally
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

That's what I was thinking originally

Yea...so why do you want to drop him? Rules are already set on this. If Yahoo defined his eligibility as SP, then you can't stash him on the bench if you got 8 other SPs. But, they have given him RP eligibility and by rules - he continues to be a RP till he starts a game in MLB.
I'm sorry, I don't agree with that at all. Bundy is a SP. Just because he pitched a few innings at the end of the year to get some major league experience, it doesn't make him a RP.

I drafted Chris Sale last year (who was previously a RP), and he counted as one of my SP's before ever starting a game. Shelby Miller counts as one of redroses' SP's, even though he's never started a game in the big leagues. Same with Aroldis Chapman and Alexi Ogando for vrabbits' and ninerjohns' respective teams.

Just because yahoo is retarded with how they figure out position eligibility(especially with prospects), doesn't change the fact that Bundy is going to be a SP in this league. Thus, he should count as one of his SP's.

just my 2 cents on the subject.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I'm sorry, I don't agree with that at all. Bundy is a SP. Just because he pitched a few innings at the end of the year to get some major league experience, it doesn't make him a RP.

I drafted Chris Sale last year (who was previously a RP), and he counted as one of my SP's before ever starting a game. Shelby Miller counts as one of redroses' SP's, even though he's never started a game in the big leagues. Same with Aroldis Chapman and Alexi Ogando for vrabbits' and ninerjohns' respective teams.

Just because yahoo is retarded with how they figure out position eligibility(especially with prospects), doesn't change the fact that Bundy is going to be a SP in this league. Thus, he should count as one of his SP's.

just my 2 cents on the subject.

Shelby Miller started a game last year after multiple relief outings.

Chapman is a RP on yahoo and rightfully so. He has never started a game and it is not decided yet that he will be a starter this year. There are rumors that Dusty wants Chapman to be their closer and decision will be made next week.

Chris Sale was declared a starter. If tomorrow Bundy is declared a starter - I agree with you. If not, how can we call him a starter when his manager has not?
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Mar 16, 2013 at 1:55 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Shelby Miller is a starting pitcher
Joe Kelly is a starting pitcher
Dylan Bundy is a starting pitcher
Aroldis Chapman is a starting pitcher (unless he gets moved back to the pen).
Alexi Ogando is a starting pitcher (unless he gets moved back to the pen).

Sorry, we're not going by the screwed up Yahoo pitcher eligibilities. They list Kris Medlen as a friggin relief pitcher too.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
My pick is Alex Avila

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Sorry, we're not going by the screwed up Yahoo pitcher eligibilities. They list Kris Medlen as a friggin relief pitcher too.

My point was - at least wait till they get named a starter.
I'll take

SP Brandon Beachy, Atlanta Braves
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

You have a point with Chapman because the Reds are wavering on whether or not to make him a starter.

But guys like Shelby and Bundy who may not be called up right away, they will be considered starting pitchers while they are rostered prior to their call-up.

You have a point with Chapman because the Reds are wavering on whether or not to make him a starter.

But guys like Shelby and Bundy who may not be called up right away, they will be considered starting pitchers while they are rostered prior to their call-up.

I agree completely. I am considering Ogando a SP on my team because he is slated to start. The Orioles would not bring up Bundy is mid season to be some set up RP. He would be a starter.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
I'll take

SP Brandon Beachy, Atlanta Braves

I hate following you in the draft so much.
Share 49ersWebzone