LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2013 (vrabbit is the CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Surprised the teams on the bottom didnt do more to make some trades for picks. Trade deadline is over

THere were too many people trying to sell and not enough willing to buy

Therefore, sellers should have lowered their demands.

THIS. All about supply and demand. I wasnt going to give up a high pick and sacrifice next year for any player that I wouldnt be keeping.
My demands were pretty low for my players lol, I just think that no one wanted my players except for Wainwright and Miggy who I want to keep
The fact that you are 17-2 and won so many close games is the reason. I mean hell.. my team has outscored yours by 358 points yet you are 17-2 and I am 13-6.
Its all good. I just want to be the points leader when its all said and done. No luck involved with that.

The thing about the playoffs.. teams like 4ML, Boise, Naitch.. can EASILY win the league. Just hot in the right week. I dont know if your good fortune will continue every single week. We shall see though.

I was top 6 in points but still in 9th place before I started to sell had 5 single digit losses and I'm not exaggerating.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
My demands were pretty low for my players lol, I just think that no one wanted my players except for Wainwright and Miggy who I want to keep

That's why you were able to make 3 trades. That's pretty good.

but I didnt really gain much out of the 3 trades. When I got Braun from you I thought I'd keep him and trade Upton for a pick or two but nobody wanted Upton :( I thought for sure someone would want to trade for him.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
The fact that you are 17-2 and won so many close games is the reason. I mean hell.. my team has outscored yours by 358 points yet you are 17-2 and I am 13-6.
Its all good. I just want to be the points leader when its all said and done. No luck involved with that.

The thing about the playoffs.. teams like 4ML, Boise, Naitch.. can EASILY win the league. Just hot in the right week. I dont know if your good fortune will continue every single week. We shall see though.

I was top 6 in points but still in 9th place before I started to sell had 5 single digit losses and I'm not exaggerating.

Yeup...you were extremely unlucky. I lost a week because I thought I had set up my line-up but it wasn't. Still pissed about that one...I'm so sure I did it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

but I didnt really gain much out of the 3 trades. When I got Braun from you I thought I'd keep him and trade Upton for a pick or two but nobody wanted Upton :( I thought for sure someone would want to trade for him.

You can still trade him in the off-season. He's having a strong 2nd half.

but wouldn't I have to keep him to do that?

I think I'm just gonna keep him anyways lol, and not Braun
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

but wouldn't I have to keep him to do that?

I think I'm just gonna keep him anyways lol, and not Braun

No dude...you can trade him before the draft starts, unless you want to keep him.
No dude...you can trade him before the draft starts, unless you want to keep him.

didnt know that
maybe it's jrgs league where you have to keep em to trade them?

No one is going to trade for Justin Upton. The round you would have to keep him in would be 1st or 2nd I believe. Would never be worth it.
No one is going to trade for Justin Upton. The round you would have to keep him in would be 1st or 2nd I believe. Would never be worth it.

Not as a keeper, but as another bat for the remainder of the season

Not as a keeper, but as another bat for the remainder of the season

You might have been able to move him before the deadline for a very cheap price. You are right. That could have happened. My comment was more directed to 4MLs post where he said you could still deal him in the off season. Unless he goes crazy I doubt anyone will deal for him to keep him.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM ]
You might have been able to move him before the deadline for a very cheap price. You are right. That could have happened.

Ya, youre also right though. I dont know if I want to keep him anymore. He's way too inconsistent and strikes out a bunch, also doesn't hit high for average. I don't feel he's worth his value anymore
You might have been able to move him before the deadline for a very cheap price. You are right. That could have happened.

Ya, youre also right though. I dont know if I want to keep him anymore. He's way too inconsistent and strikes out a bunch, also doesn't hit high for average. I don't feel he's worth his value anymore

I have him in the WZ league and in my money league. He drives me f**king crazy.
Share 49ersWebzone