LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 345 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2013 (vrabbit is the CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I guess my interpretation of the trade was:

IT gets Turner (23th round keeper value) and your 1st rounder (which will be a bottom 6 pick) and you get Haren and IT's 1st rounder (which WOULD be a top 6 pick). But if IT keeps Miggy, which he should, then he's keeping him with a bottom 6 pick. So you get Haren AND a top 6 pick next season for Jacob f**king Turner? 23rd rounder or not, that's not an even trade at all IMO.

Look at the top 6 picks in this year's draft (taking away keepers): Braun, Fielder, CarGo, J-Bats, Longoria, Cliff Lee.

lol...and those were the only 6 picks in the 1st round. Half the teams will keep their keepers, if not more. Unless you're accusing us of colluding...I'm not going to explain myself after this post. We agreed to a deal which WE thought was fair. At most, I'll move up 1 spot. You acting like it's 6 spots is ridiculous. I'm not giving Jacob f**king Turner for Dan Haren who was available on the waivers last week.

I swapped 2nd round picks with James for a few weeks of Tulo and no one threw a fit.

you did?

I won't veto it, I'll just have a lower opinion of IT instead
1 spot in a round where I'm keeping Cabrera anyways and trading a dude that i claimed on the waivers last week

Oh what a huge loss
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
you did?

I won't veto it, I'll just have a lower opinion of IT instead

Yes, I did.

Note: 4 picks were made in round 2 last year.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
1 spot in a round where I'm keeping Cabrera anyways and trading a dude that i claimed on the waivers last week

Oh what a huge loss

And...it may not even end up being 1 spot because so many 2nd round picks were kept. Those players will have 1st round pick value this year.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't understand why people are confused about the Haren/Turner trade. It's a minor trade and it makes perfect sense for both.

IT can keep Miggy with 4ML's first round pick. Miguel Cabrera must be kept with a first round pick but it can be ANY first round pick. In exchange for giving 4ML Haren for the rest of the year, IT acquired Jacob Turner at little cost.

4ML moved up a few spots in the first round. And since he won't be using a first round pick, likely, on any keeper, he simultaenously improved his future draft positioning and acquired a pitcher he wanted for the playoffs.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
So you get Haren AND a top 6 pick next season for Jacob f**king Turner? 23rd rounder or not, that's not an even trade at all IMO.

No that's wrong.

That would only be true if IT traded Haren and his first rounder for Jacob Turner and then did NOT get a first rounder in return.

You can't claim that 4ML is getting Haren and top 6 pick for only Jacob Turner, because you're excluding the first rounder that IT is getting so that he can keep Miggy.
I'm over it, I think 4ML gets a steal by getting to move up to a top 3-4 pick but whatever. I don't mind Haren for Turner straight up, I just don't get why IT basically gives him the added gain of moving up in round 1. It's whatever, I'm not vetoing anyways.
I'm over it, I think 4ML gets a steal by getting to move up to a top 3-4 pick but whatever. I don't mind Haren for Turner straight up, I just don't get why IT basically gives him the added gain of moving up in round 1. It's whatever, I'm not vetoing anyways.

lol that's funny because after I said i'll do the trade I pm'd him saying I dont see a point in me swapping 1sts for me. But I already said I'd accept it and I didn't want to back out of a deal because I hate when people do that to me. I didnt care that much since Im not losing anything out of it, he's just gaining more, and I'll admit that.
But it probably is going to be like 1 pick anyways because of all the keepers.
162-28. James may have the worst fantasy baseball team in history,
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

lmfao

we called it from day 1, and revisited it so much it's now getting old repeating it
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

He makes me feel slightly better about my s**tty team
  • jrg
  • Veteran
100% rebuilding

we called it from day 1, and revisited it so much it's now getting old repeating it

lets do it in WZ football now so it can become true
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

lets do it in WZ football now so it can become true

ha. you're that team in WZ Football

Again, i'll bet $ i finish better than you in that league..must be nice to inherit those kind of keepers
Share 49ersWebzone