There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Your busts and steals of the draft this year

Originally posted by Garcia:
all yall need to upgrade to auction draft....

$225 Budget

Steals
Matt Ryan $13
Lance Moore $2
Brandon Marshall $33 (should be a $45-55)
Randall Cobb $1


Busts.
Roy Helu $11
Fred Jackson $28
Randy Moss $3

I want to try one of those next year
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I want to try one of those next year

this was my money leagues first year in doing it and the consensus is that its way better.

I don't see how you'd want anything less.
Their is way more strategy involved and you have more control over the players you want. It's not random like snake and you are not a slave to the draft order.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
I want to try one of those next year

this was my money leagues first year in doing it and the consensus is that its way better.

I don't see how you'd want anything less.
Their is way more strategy involved and you have more control over the players you want. It's not random like snake and you are not a slave to the draft order.

Quick rundown on how it works?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by YungBird:
Quick rundown on how it works?

each team gets a set budget (usually $200.... not real money)
each player on your board has a value. these are usually suggested by the website - but you know how much you are willing to spend to get the player you want.

there is a 'draft order' but when you pick you basically elect any player to get bid on, then every team has a chance to bid... then the player goes to highest bidder.

the player you pick can be anyone. it could be someone you really want or you can trick other teams into bidding on players you dont want so they dont have money to spend on the guys you have your eye on.
there are tons of auction strategies.

thats basically it.
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 19, 2012 at 12:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
each team gets a set budget (usually $200.... not real money)
each player on your board has a value. these are usually suggested by the website - but you know how much you are willing to spend to get the player you want.

there is a 'draft order' but when you pick you basically elect any player to get bid on, then every team has a chance to bid... then the player goes to highest bidder.

the player you pick can be anyone. it could be someone you really want or you can trick other teams into bidding on players you dont want so they dont have money to spend on the guys you have your eye on.
there are tons of auction strategies.

thats basically it.

If you're in one next year (no money leagues) hit me up Im down to try one.
Sounds fun cause you actually get the players you want and like you said you're not a slave to the draft order
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,213
10th round #73: Randall Cobb

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
If you're in one next year (no money leagues) hit me up Im down to try one.
Sounds fun cause you actually get the players you want and like you said you're not a slave to the draft order

all about managing your money and knowing when to overspend and when to be conservative.

I think i'll do a webzone auction league next year....
My Chamiponship Contending Team:

Busts:
Darren McFadden - but he has a shot of redeeming himself in championship game
Ryan Matthews
Vernon Davis

Steals:
Cam Newton - for the price I got him for he was a steal
Doug Martin
C.J. Spiller
Seahawks D/ST....scored money points in 2 playoff games for me
Originally posted by Garcia:
all about managing your money and knowing when to overspend and when to be conservative.

I think i'll do a webzone auction league next year....

Do it ill join
I volunteer yungbird to join too
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Garcia:
all about managing your money and knowing when to overspend and when to be conservative.

I think i'll do a webzone auction league next year....

Do it ill join
I volunteer yungbird to join too

Thanks for volunteering me a*****e.
You already know doe garce, I want in. Yungbash ain't about dys leyef
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thanks for volunteering me a*****e.
You already know doe garce, I want in. Yungbash ain't about dys leyef

well thats in my money league - this would be a WZ Auction Fantasy League - different but if you guys are down I'm totally down to GM because the draft is fun haha

ieem aboot dius leaf
[ Edited by Garcia on Dec 20, 2012 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thanks for volunteering me a*****e.
You already know doe garce, I want in. Yungbash ain't about dys leyef

lulz yungbird was asking about it earlier in this thread doe

I volunteer 'Marsh' not marshniners24
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Thanks for volunteering me a*****e.
You already know doe garce, I want in. Yungbash ain't about dys leyef

lulz yungbird was asking about it earlier in this thread doe

I volunteer 'Marsh' not marshniners24

Why you gotta do me dirty like that doe
Adrian Peterson in round 3
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by Sfmobsta19:
Adrian Peterson in round 3

yeah. great pick