There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Potential Huge Trade (s) ....

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Money League 12 Teams
Record 5-2

MY TEAM

Matt Ryan
Arian Foster
Matt Forte
Brandon Marshall
Julio Jones
Aaron Hernandez
Flex: Fred Jackson

Bench
James Jones
Lance Moore
Vick Ballard
Alex Green
Ben Tate
Christian Ponder
Brandon Pettigrew

I got offered a trade:

Send
Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, Aaron Hernandez

Receive
Jamaal Charles, Wes Welker, Alfred Morris


OR

Just Forte for Charles Straight up
no and no
That is an amazing team for a 12 team league. Stay put bro.
I agree. Your team looks great. Assuming the only reason your looking to make a move is to split up having two Bears on your starting roster?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I agree. Your team looks great. Assuming the only reason your looking to make a move is to split up having two Bears on your starting roster?

Yes. Really kinda dumb. But i love my team. It was rough early on, forte and jackson hurt.

But now I just picked up Ben Tate. Incase foster goes down.
I'm feeling pretty good right now.


5 wins in a row
How the heck did you end up with all those players in a 12 team league? Foster and Ryan I can understand. You must have picked in the top 3 with the draft. But then Forte, Marshall, and Jones? Damn!

I had the #2 pick in a 12 team league and the guy who picked #1 went with Aaron Rodgers so I ended up with Foster and picked Ben Tate in round 2. So I'm looking like this now:

Andrew Luck
Arian Foster
Fred Jackson
Percy Harvin
Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Olsen
Torrey Smith
<insert best available D/ST>
<insert best available kicker>

But anyway, yeah I wouldn't make any moves. You're set for the championship.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 29, 2012 at 7:46 AM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
How the heck did you end up with all those players in a 12 team league? Foster and Ryan I can understand. You must have picked in the top 3 with the draft. But then Forte, Marshall, and Jones? Damn!

I had the #2 pick in a 12 team league and the guy who picked #1 went with Aaron Rodgers so I ended up with Foster and picked Ben Tate in round 2. So I'm looking like this now:

Andrew Luck
Arian Foster
Fred Jackson
Percy Harvin
Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Olsen
Torrey Smith



But anyway, yeah I wouldn't make any moves. You're set for the championship.

It was an auction draft.
and I picked up Julio Jones in a trade for DeSean Jackson + Andre Brown (steal).

Not to mention my league isn't filled with 'fantasy gurus' by any stretch. I won last year, snake draft, 12-1 lol.
We got a 100 buy in this year so it will be a nice pay day if I can repeat.


Unfortunately, in all of my webzone leagues I am doing really s**tty.
[ Edited by Garcia on Oct 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
How the heck did you end up with all those players in a 12 team league? Foster and Ryan I can understand. You must have picked in the top 3 with the draft. But then Forte, Marshall, and Jones? Damn!

I had the #2 pick in a 12 team league and the guy who picked #1 went with Aaron Rodgers so I ended up with Foster and picked Ben Tate in round 2. So I'm looking like this now:

Andrew Luck
Arian Foster
Fred Jackson
Percy Harvin
Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Olsen
Torrey Smith
<insert best available D/ST>
<insert best available kicker>

But anyway, yeah I wouldn't make any moves. You're set for the championship.

You took Tate in round 2?
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
You took Tate in round 2?

DAMN that's terrible
  • gage
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,476
I'll post this here, too, in case it gets looked at.

This dude offered me Reggie Wayne, Tony Gonzalez, Brandon Stokley, and Dexter McCluster (couple of garbage dudes)
for Brandon Marshall and Frank Gore. Obviously I'm not taking the trade as is, but I'm wondering what I should counter with. Even though I love Gore, I don't like the mixed feelings I get when we score and it's not him; I'd rather just root for the team. Another dude offered me Andre Johnson and Aaron Hernandez for Marshall and Turner, but I don't know how much I like that one, either.

Here's mine and the other two teams right now:

Mine:
Gore, Bradshaw, Turner, LeShoure, R Jennings, A Green, Mendenhall
Cruz, Marshall, Wallace, Maclin
Pettigrew

Team 1:
Forte, K Hunter, McCluster
Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, Stokley, Crabtree
Gonzalez, Jared Cook

Team 2:
Stafford, Schaub
MJD, McGahee, Dwyer, Ronnie Hillman
Harvin, Johnson, Boldin, Gordon, G Jennings
Hernandez, Gresham

I'd like a TE upgrade, but I think I'm giving up too much. Should I counter either or just sit tight?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by gage:
I'll post this here, too, in case it gets looked at.

This dude offered me Reggie Wayne, Tony Gonzalez, Brandon Stokley, and Dexter McCluster (couple of garbage dudes)
for Brandon Marshall and Frank Gore. Obviously I'm not taking the trade as is, but I'm wondering what I should counter with. Even though I love Gore, I don't like the mixed feelings I get when we score and it's not him; I'd rather just root for the team. Another dude offered me Andre Johnson and Aaron Hernandez for Marshall and Turner, but I don't know how much I like that one, either.

Here's mine and the other two teams right now:

Mine:
Gore, Bradshaw, Turner, LeShoure, R Jennings, A Green, Mendenhall
Cruz, Marshall, Wallace, Maclin
Pettigrew

Team 1:
Forte, K Hunter, McCluster
Wayne, Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, Stokley, Crabtree
Gonzalez, Jared Cook

Team 2:
Stafford, Schaub
MJD, McGahee, Dwyer, Ronnie Hillman
Harvin, Johnson, Boldin, Gordon, G Jennings
Hernandez, Gresham

I'd like a TE upgrade, but I think I'm giving up too much. Should I counter either or just sit tight?

Pettigrew is decent. He will get 5-7 points per game. I got him on my team. Got good value. Someone dropped aaron hernandez while he was hurt 3 weeks ago. I picked him up. But pettigrew is not bad.

I'd say your team is set. who is your Qb?
  • gage
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,476
I've got Brady at QB. Thanks for the input I'll go ahead and shut the door on both deals then.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
Originally posted by gage:
I've got Brady at QB. Thanks for the input I'll go ahead and shut the door on both deals then.

hernandez is hurt so he is no bueno right now.
Yea stay out
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,515
What about this:

Matt Ryan + Fred Jackson

Receive
Drew Brees