There are 167 users in the forums

Please Rate my team + Advice on potenial move???

10 Team league.. standard scoring. My keeper was Cam Newton. Had the 9th pick.

QB - Cam...Mike Vick
* Chose Vick in the 6th or 7th. Couldnt pass him up. He plays on Cam's bye week, so figured what the heck.

RB - Marshawn Lynch...Michael Bush...Peyton Hillis...Evan Royster
* Marshawn was my second pick. Last year, he and McCoy were my RBs and did work.

* I was going to select Donald Brown or Beanie Wells.. but they both went back to back right before my pick. So I settled with Michael Bush.. hoping that Forte goes down, or Bush is used like he was in OAK. TDs.

* Hillis was chosen because Charles is injury prone and this could be a steal. I'm hoping.

* I wanted Roy Helu until I saw Royster at the top of the depth chart.. Don't know much about him.. Anybody have any advice on him?

--- Also, the potential move was me dropping Royster for Ronnie Brown. If Ryan Mathews is still hurt, should I get Ronnie Brown? He looked solid against us

WR - Andre Johnson...Brandon Lloyd...Steve Smith...Antonio Brown...Justin Blackmon...Nate Washington
* Johnson was my first pick. BPA. Hope he stays healthy.

* Lloyd was a later-round pick. Thinking he will produce like Moss in NE?

* Steve Smith was my steal last year in the draft (besides Jimmy Graham). The combination of him and Cam on my team = Deadly

* Antonio Brown was who I really wanted. He slipped a lot. Someone chose Mike Wallace over him. I think that Big Ben is going to target Brown the most. What do you guys think of him?

* Justin Blackmon was I think my 2nd to last pick. Only thing sketchy is Gabbert throwing to him.

* Nate Washington was my last pick of the draft. Couldn't believe that someone with like 74 catches last year was still around.

TE - Fred Davis
* I really believe that rookie QB's use their TE's a lot. RG3 will hopefully use him well. Also, I think that Coby Fleener might be available. Maybe swoop him?

Defensive player - Bowman
* .50 points per tackle. Willis/Dwell Jackson/couple others went before this pick. Think he will be solid for the tackles.

Defense - Ravens
* Someone took the 49ers with the 7th round pick lol. Sacks/ints get a lot of points, so I'm hoping this is good. Also, I can choose a D based on their opponents for the week, so eh.

K - No Kicker
* Before the draft, I guess everyone voted to have 5 bench spots instead of 6, but I thought we had 6. So I was going to use my last pick on a K, but I didn't get to lol. Have to drop someone for a kicker I guess. Don't know who to drop though.

What do you guys think? If you can, please answer some of the questions I asked :)
Well then ... I take back the smiley I put at the end of the post!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Your running backs are garbage.

Andre Johnson is coming off injury prone year - now in a run 1st offense, never scored more than 8 TDs in one year.
i like Brandon Lloyd - but there are a lot of weapons in the pats attack.
Steve Smith is getting old, who knows if he can repeat last year.

you dont have a #2 RB.....

drop justin blackmon & pick up a RB or trade Andre Johnson for a decent #1 or 2.
Lloyd and Antonio Brown should suffice at WR if you have 2 decent RBs

5/10
[ Edited by Garcia on Sep 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM ]
You need rb help as Garcia mentioned. I would wait for a week where Vick goes off and look to move him to a team in need at qb for a quality back. You don't need Vick since you have Cam.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
You need rb help as Garcia mentioned. I would wait for a week where Vick goes off and look to move him to a team in need at qb for a quality back. You don't need Vick since you have Cam.

I bet you can package vick and johnson together to pick up an elite RB - maybe even a sleeper WR thrown in.

You may have to wait until Vick and Johnson have decent games to trade them at highest value.
Thanks for the replies !

I dropped Blackmon for Ronnie Brown.. I liked the way the Chargers used him against us. Mathews is out for week 1, so I will have Brown start with Bush or Hillis. Lynch is hurt, so I'm not risking him.

I always make the playoffs so I'm not worried really. 2 years ago I lost because I accidentally started Thomas Jones over Brian Westbrook and I lost by 5 and only got my money back. Last year I was in the semi finals and lost by TWO because Ahmad Bradshaw missed curfew and didnt play until late 3rd. . Just got my money back again. (what sucks is that in the championship game, it was 2 lucky scrubs who finished the ship with a 64-56 score and I had 200+ lol)

Some reason I think Andre Johnson will be healthy all year.. Putting up great numbers. I would love to start Lloyd/Brown also, but the Cam/Smith combo does damageeeee.

hypothetically if Vick/Johnson went off, what do you guys think I could get for them? Preferably a 2-2 deal.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
Thanks for the replies !

I dropped Blackmon for Ronnie Brown.. I liked the way the Chargers used him against us. Mathews is out for week 1, so I will have Brown start with Bush or Hillis. Lynch is hurt, so I'm not risking him.

I always make the playoffs so I'm not worried really. 2 years ago I lost because I accidentally started Thomas Jones over Brian Westbrook and I lost by 5 and only got my money back. Last year I was in the semi finals and lost by TWO because Ahmad Bradshaw missed curfew and didnt play until late 3rd. . Just got my money back again. (what sucks is that in the championship game, it was 2 lucky scrubs who finished the ship with a 64-56 score and I had 200+ lol)

Some reason I think Andre Johnson will be healthy all year.. Putting up great numbers. I would love to start Lloyd/Brown also, but the Cam/Smith combo does damageeeee.

hypothetically if Vick/Johnson went off, what do you guys think I could get for them? Preferably a 2-2 deal.

I bet you can get an elite RB, McFadden-esque, maybe if your lucky a Ray Rice. Thats if they go off though. Depends on the market. It would probably have to coincide with a buy-low scenerio, say - MJD?

MJD was really inconsistant early last year, I traded for him for Darren Sproles, who was doing well, and Eric Decker.... and that was about week 5 or 6.. so after that MJD was just beastly and ultimately won me my league.

He will be a 3rd down back, so he probably wont do s**t. If Vick and AJ go off... you may be able to get him.
Thanks for the replies !

Take a look at your league's roster and see who is weak or potentially weak at QB. I don't think you need to trade both Vick and AJ for a good back. If a guy is weak at QB and deep at RB, you could probably land a 3rd/4th round type back that is quality like a Charles/Fred Jackson/Murray type back.
^^ I was thinking Murray.

The guy that has him has Peyton at QB but his starting WR are Robert Meachem/Wes Welker/Demaryious Thomas. So maybe a AJ deal to him...
Just sent a trade of Andre Johnson/Brandon Lloyd for Murray/Wes Welker ... Thoughts?

• Garce
  • Veteran
Just sent a trade of Andre Johnson/Brandon Lloyd for Murray/Wes Welker ... Thoughts?

not bad.... not sure i would do it. but if lloyd goes off and welker has a stinker in week 1 you may get it
Originally posted by Garcia:
not bad.... not sure i would do it. but if lloyd goes off and welker has a stinker in week 1 you may get it

Thats what I was thinking. Might cancel it and wait until I see some results.

Only thing is, is that I can easily see Lloyd having Moss-type results on the patriots. I do know that their TE's are gonna take away some TD's from him, but him on the deep ball from brady.. could be nasty.

But I kind of HAVE to start Steve Smith because Cam. So that's 1... then I have Antonio Brown, who I want to start.. Lloyd.. Andre Johnson.. even Nate Washington should be considered.

I guess it's a good problem to have, too many good receivers.. but I can only start 2 and a flex.. so right now im using Brown/Johnson/Smith .. hard to have a player like Lloyd on the bench. I guess if I kept the WR's, I'd just go every week based on their opponents. But I just trust RB's sooooo much more to produce, rather than WR's.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Thats what I was thinking. Might cancel it and wait until I see some results.

Only thing is, is that I can easily see Lloyd having Moss-type results on the patriots. I do know that their TE's are gonna take away some TD's from him, but him on the deep ball from brady.. could be nasty.

But I kind of HAVE to start Steve Smith because Cam. So that's 1... then I have Antonio Brown, who I want to start.. Lloyd.. Andre Johnson.. even Nate Washington should be considered.

I guess it's a good problem to have, too many good receivers.. but I can only start 2 and a flex.. so right now im using Brown/Johnson/Smith .. hard to have a player like Lloyd on the bench. I guess if I kept the WR's, I'd just go every week based on their opponents. But I just trust RB's sooooo much more to produce, rather than WR's.

If it's PPR, I'd go Welker. If not, Lloyd has big play potential - doesnt need a lot of catches for big plays.
So I canceled my trade offer and woke up with a text from his brother saying "my bro told me to tell you that hes interested in dealing murray to you if you want"

so im going to be in talks later.. but thats a weird coincidence lol. I asked him why, wondering if the guy saw my offer already, and he said that his bro told him he needed WR's and he told his bro that I had a lot
-___- his brother is the commish and I guess my trade proposal gets sent to him via email. He told his bro my offer so now we're discussing the same deal as before lol
Share 49ersWebzone