There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rate my team

8 teamers are crazy.. must be nice havin' a superstar squad
Originally posted by 8008:
8 Team League... I drew the 8th spot.

22 Rounds, There's a max of 1 trade/pickup per week Capped at 10 maximum



QBs

Cam Newton, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer


RBs

Matt Forte, Shonn Green, Willis McGahee, Johnathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams


WRs

Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Robert Meachem, Randy Moss, Lance Moore, Mike Williams


TEs

Rob Gronkowski, Fred Davis, Greg Olsen


K

Olindo Mare


DEF

San Francisco, Seattle
Not sure if you know, but Olindo Mare got cut i believe.
10 team ppr 6th pick

qbs - Vick and Cutler

rbs - McFadden, Forte, D. Williams, McCluster and K. Hunter

Wrs - Cruz, Decker, D. Jackson, Wayne and Amendola

TE - V. Davis and Pettigrew

D - Eagles

K- Prater

Championship
Originally posted by Tman:
10 team ppr 6th pick

qbs - Vick and Cutler

rbs - McFadden, Forte, D. Williams, McCluster and K. Hunter

Wrs - Cruz, Decker, D. Jackson, Wayne and Amendola

TE - V. Davis and Pettigrew

D - Eagles

K- Prater

Championship
Nice job. I like it a lot. Not sure if Cruz will repeat his performance this year, but I think Decker and Djax will do well, so it probably evens out. I think your RB depth kinda sucks for a 10 teamer, but your starters are great.

I just finished my draft and I think I blew it. Will post that soon...
I feel like my draft was going ok and then I blew it waiting too long for a QB, and then waiting for a TE. I kept taking RBs and WRs because there were always players I liked, and I kept thinking that the QB or TE I was eying would last one more pick.

Well, here it is. 12 teams, non PPR, 6 pt passing TDs and I had the 8th pick. 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 flex.

QBs: Roethlisburger, Luck
RBs: McFadden, Ryan Mathews, McGahee, Benson
WR: Wes Welker, Nicks, Antonio Brown, Lance Moore, Crabtree
TE: Tamme
D: NYG
K: Bironas


So, what you guys think? Did I blow it?
12 man league, no ppr. I had the 10th pick

QB
Matt Schaub
Josh Freeman

RB
Matt Forte
Ahmad Bradshaw
Roy Helu
Jacquizz Rodgers
Kevin Smith
Darren Sproles

WR
Calvin Johnson
A.J. Green
Dez Bryant
Greg Little

TE
Tony Gonzalez

D/ST
Detroit Lions

K
Matt Bryant
Not sold on helu, jacquizz, or your QBs. But other than that it looks pretty solid. Seems like you had a similar draft to mine. RBs and WRs early, slim pickins for QBs and TEs....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I feel like my draft was going ok and then I blew it waiting too long for a QB, and then waiting for a TE. I kept taking RBs and WRs because there were always players I liked, and I kept thinking that the QB or TE I was eying would last one more pick.

Well, here it is. 12 teams, non PPR, 6 pt passing TDs and I had the 8th pick. 2 RBs, 2 WRs and 1 flex.

QBs: Roethlisburger, Luck
RBs: McFadden, Ryan Mathews, McGahee, Benson
WR: Wes Welker, Nicks, Antonio Brown, Lance Moore, Crabtree
TE: Tamme
D: NYG
K: Bironas


So, what you guys think? Did I blow it?

I think it can be a solid squad.. RB and WR are obviously solid just got to hope McFadden and Mathews stay healthy. Just got to hope Manning can do what he did with Clark and do it with Tamme. QB is ok, it will be interesting to see how Big Ben produces in Haley's system. Overall solid B.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Not sold on helu, jacquizz, or your QBs. But other than that it looks pretty solid. Seems like you had a similar draft to mine. RBs and WRs early, slim pickins for QBs and TEs....

yea I just picked up Helu and Jacquizz to see what happens and see what they do. Yea i did the best I could with QB and TE.
8 Team non-ppr League

QB - Drew Brees
RB - Chris Johnson
RB - Steven Jackson
RB/WR - Michael Turner
WR - Mike Wallace
WR - Desean Jackson
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
FLEX - Darren Sproles
D/ST - Eagles
K - Justin Tucker


BENCH

Peyton Manning
Willis McGahee
Antonio Brown
Kendall Hunter
Mario Manningham
Jacob Tamme
Falcons D/ST
Alex Smith
Eric Decker
Braylon Edwards
16 Team League, Standard scoring (except passing TDs are 4 points, and 25 yards per point), I had the 15th pick.

QB Ben Roethlisberger
WR Stevie Johnson
WR Lance Moore
RB Matt Forte
RB DeMarco Murray
TE Coby Fleener
K Rob Bironas
DEF Seattle

BN Andy Dalton
BN Darius Moore
BN Danny Amendola
BN Jonathan Baldwin

I totally forgot to take a back-up RB. The draft was super weird, I even did a few mocks to prepare for it and the way it turned out was completely unlike how I envisioned it. There was such a huge run made on QBs in the first round that by the time it got to me the best QB available was Matt Ryan and I wasn't about to take him over Forte/Murray so I said nope. Waited till the next time around and had my choices really dwindle. I need to grab a back-up RB and I plan on trading a combination of Moore and Baldwin for one, but in the mean time, this is what I have. Thoughts?
[ Edited by GameOver on Aug 30, 2012 at 11:24 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
14 team league, PPR, with yardage and TD distance bonuses.

start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (W/R/T), 1 K, 1 DEF

Stafford
Murray
Brandon Marshall
Djax
Pettigrew
Prater
Titans D (my sleeper D this year and last one to take one)
Flex1: ???
Flex2: ?????

Bench:
Roethlisberger
Ryan Matthews
Jonathan Stewart
Felix Jones
Leshoure
Best
Danarius Moore
Austin Collie


Yea I have an injury plagued bench. but only need 2 of Collie, Moore and Stewart to play in the 1st 2 weeks until Matthews is fully healthy and Leshoure comes back from suspension to really be sitting pretty.

I Couldn't pass up Matthews at the end of the 3rd. Or Ben in the 8th. As there was 1 team yet to take a QB and wasnt going to let him be rewarded by waiting to take a QB. In hndsight I wouldn't have taken Best (RD 12) and would have waited until week 3 or 4 to take him in hopes he's back by week 8.
Originally posted by krizay:
14 team league, PPR, with yardage and TD distance bonuses.

start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (W/R/T), 1 K, 1 DEF

Stafford
Murray
Brandon Marshall
Djax
Pettigrew
Prater
Titans D (my sleeper D this year and last one to take one)
Flex1: ???
Flex2: ?????

Bench:
Roethlisberger
Ryan Matthews
Jonathan Stewart
Felix Jones
Leshoure
Best
Danarius Moore
Austin Collie


Yea I have an injury plagued bench. but only need 2 of Collie, Moore and Stewart to play in the 1st 2 weeks until Matthews is fully healthy and Leshoure comes back from suspension to really be sitting pretty.

I Couldn't pass up Matthews at the end of the 3rd. Or Ben in the 8th. As there was 1 team yet to take a QB and wasnt going to let him be rewarded by waiting to take a QB. In hndsight I wouldn't have taken Best (RD 12) and would have waited until week 3 or 4 to take him in hopes he's back by week 8.

That's a damn good looking team for a 14 team league. Nice work! Good depth as well!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,924
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
That's a damn good looking team for a 14 team league. Nice work! Good depth as well!

Thank you, but in hindsight, i don't take Best and pickup another WR. Which I will eventually but can't make any moves until after WEEK 1. In all honstesy CJ Spiller was still on the board when I took Best too. but I had crossed him off cause i thought someone took him. I did rewrite his name down but forgot all about it.