LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

If You Could Have Any Pick...

So I'm in a 16 team league where we are picking out of hat to see the order of individuals who then get to CHOOSE their draft position. So if you get selected first, you get to pick 1 of any of the 16 slots as yours. It's a standard scoring league, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, WR/RB/TE, K, DEF with 6 bench spots.

I wanted to get everyone's input to what your top draft slot preferences would be. In the past, I would have said last because I like back-to-back picks and like being able to get two bottom guys in the top tier, but with a draft this deep (16 teams)...I'm thinking maybe I should go with one of the top 3 picks and grab an elite RB. Then again, because the league is so deep, I feel like a dominant QB is that much more valuable in this league so maybe I should get a middle of the round pick and take my pickings from whats left of Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Newton, Stafford...

Idk, so many possibilities
Can't go wrong with any pick in the top 6

Rodgers, Brady, Brees

Foster, Rice, McCoy

I would pick 4th
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Well I have the 11th pick in a 14 teamer. after going over my possible scenarios I kind of like my spot. In a deeper league I think i'd rather pick from the back.

Then i'd Go Stafford/Charles. then in the 3rd/4th spot Colston or Steve Smith w/ Hernandez or Vernon.

If Stafford is gone. Murray/Charles then Colston/Ryan
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Well I have the 11th pick in a 14 teamer. after going over my possible scenarios I kind of like my spot. In a deeper league I think i'd rather pick from the back.

Then i'd Go Stafford/Charles. then in the 3rd/4th spot Colston or Steve Smith w/ Hernandez or Vernon.

Ya I think that'd be the best
It'd suck being #1 and having to wait till pick #32 to pick again
I like 3. Guaranteed one of the top rb's and they're pretty similar.
Well turns out I got selected last anyways...I got the last available spot which was #15 (out of 16), so time to start thinking draft strategy!
Originally posted by GameOver:
Well turns out I got selected last anyways...I got the last available spot which was #15 (out of 16), so time to start thinking draft strategy!

That is McFadden/Stafford/AP/White/Forte area. Should have some nice options for your first and second round pick there.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

That is McFadden/Stafford/AP/White/Forte area. Should have some nice options for your first and second round pick there.

Yeah, I'm hoping to get Stafford plus one of the following: Forte, Welker, Charles, Lynch...I think I'd be reaching a bit for McFadden and his injury concerns always get in my head...Forte, I know Bush is there but Forte wasn't a top option in the goal line back before Bush anyways...I really want Lynch and Stafford, that would be awesome, but we'll see...
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I pick you
  • krizay
  • Veteran

already gave you your blue print.

Originally posted by krizay:

already gave you your blue print.

Charles scares me coming off the injury, why not Forte or Lynch? I'd say McFadden, but he has the same injury concerns
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Charles scares me coming off the injury, why not Forte or Lynch? I'd say McFadden, but he has the same injury concerns

16 team league Forte will be gone by 15. Lynch will probably be there at 15 or 18. In which case may not be a bad pick.

My league is PPR with TD bonuses for longer TD's. Plus I love Charles' playoff schedule. Browns (30th vs run), raiders (27th) & Colts (29th). Where as Lynch has the 9ers in the Championship game.

As for McFadden. I've been debating between him, Graham and Stafford at #11. but have since ruled out Graham. Can get a good TE later. My league is also setup with 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 2 flex spots. So even WHEN McFadden gets hurt i'm not totally behind the 8 ball.

In a perfect world, CJ1k will fall to me at #11 and Stafford or Cam falls to #18.
Share 49ersWebzone